Dorvik

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Dorvish News Service (DNS)

Postby Pragma » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:16 pm

Dorvik To Send Overseers To Kurageri // DNS Worldwide

Above: Minister of Foreign Affairs, Esther Fischer

The Federal Republic of Dorvik will be providing assistance to Kurageri in order to ensure that the elections of the president and parliament occur smoothly, DNS Worldwide has learnt. Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Federal Republic of Dorvik Esther Fischer and the Executive Council of Kurageri have been in close contact for some time now, and so the Federal government in Dorvik has now officially released a plan to send an 'electoral aid package' to Kurageri. This will include an entire system of overseers at both polling stations and counting halls, with hundreds of overseeing electoral staff to be temporarily designated to Kurageri in order to make sure that Kurageri gets off on the right democratic foot for its 4370 elections.

Dorvish Minister for Foreign Affairs Esther Fischer made clear in a statement to the press that Kurageri's 'peaceful transition to a stable democracy' is now a top priority of the Dorvish Foreign Ministry, and that they are willing to invest massively into the infrastructure necessary to conduct a 'highly efficient and clean election and result'. The move is seen at home as a major step forward for Dorvish interests worldwide, seen in the government as an opportunity at building international relations and internationally as a way for democracy to be spread to every corner of Terra. Fischer said that she was 'excited about the prospect of a new, prospering nation in Dovani - given that they have been unfairly maligned as the "third world"'.

The team sent to Kurageri will be made up of hundred of highly-trained electoral overseers, trained in local languages and major world languages. They will man alongside native staff the polling booths firstly, and will also provide Dorvish-trained security to ensure that the election is safe - as well as independent overseers of ballot boxes to ensure no corruption. Secondly, the staff will be overseeing the counting of votes by both machine and hand to make sure the results come in as is fair. Ballots will first be counted by natives and then again by Dorvish staff to ensure no discrepancies are detected. Discrepancies will result in another Dorvish staff count until the number is confirmed. Fischer is 'certain this will lead to fair results'.
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby Pragma » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:51 pm

Dorvish Overseers Carry On With Minor Changes, Fischer Congratulates Kurageri President // DNS Worldwide

Above: Ballots cast in the Kurageri capital.

Despite expressed fears from Hawu Mumenhes, Dorvish overseers played a pivotal part in delivering a safe and secure election in Kurageri. Many votes were cast, and the Dorvish team oversaw many polling booths to ensure there was no tampering with the results. In order to put to bed the fears from Hawu Mumenhes, the Dorvish team made much more use of local overseers and cooperated fully with local staff, according to sources from both nations. While there was an awkward silence in counting halls as Hawu and Dorvish officialls were made to stand close to each other and observe the count, the Dorvish team continued with most of the original plan, and briskly counted ballots by weight instead of by hand to make sure results were right.

The weighed results matched up almost entirely with the local counting, and so there was no need for Dorvish 'interference' with the count. Esther Fischer, the Minister of Foreign Affairs for the Federal Republic of Dorvik, was adamant in defending her choice to send overseers and not simply 'observers' as Hawu Mumenhes did. Fischer said that 'it was very lucky we didn't need the security personnel we left behind, otherwise it'd have been on the Hawu government's hands'. She did, however, also thank Dorvish staff who aided in overseeing the counts and polling places, and there were no reported instances of open corruption - with full video of ballot boxes throughout the day handed to Kurageri police at the end to prove there was no Dorvish meddling.

Fischer also took the chance to congratulate the new Kurageri president who she wishes 'all the best to', and who she also says will 'hopefully become a new democratic ally to Dorvik in Dovani'. Fischer's home popularity dipped after the allegations from Hawu that she was trying to corrupt foreign democracy, but Fischer's popularity has regained footing after these fears were put to bed. Fischer will also soon be meeting with the Hawu ambassador to discuss the 'aggressive and unnecessary' response of the Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister for Good Governance Support - Jocelyn SankhAjōrē. 'SankhAjōrē was frighteningly rude to me', Fischer told reporters, 'so much so that I feared for my own safety if I strayed to far south on my own continent'.

Above: Minister of Foreign Affairs, Esther Fischer, congratulating election staff after they returned to Dorvik

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby Wilderberg III » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:17 pm

Democratic Left - Citizens' Alliance [Mordusia]
Former controller of Kurageri
Wilderberg III

Postby menkiller755 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:48 am

HVV PARTY CREATED
Benjamin Hauke with his Haukism ideology has created the first Haukist party in Terra

Today in a farm in Largonia the flashes of press making photo's could be seen from outside the stable. A large crowd of farmers from all accros the south had come to attend this moment. Farmer Benjamin Hauke had announced the creation of his party a week before in the local newspaper. Press from accross the country had catched up on the story and went to Haukes farm in Largonia.

During the announcement Hauke explained his decision and explained how his ideology worked and why he decided it was necessary to make one.

I have spoken to many of my fellow farmers and came to the conclusion that this country has abandoned its agricultural past and has forgotten that we,
the farmers of Dorvik and in fact all of Terra, have build this country and the world by hand. With our farms and our expertise on agriculture we have managed to elevate the world for hundreds of years. But when the industrial revolution happened in Terra we got abandoned. Our heritage is in danger and the labourers get more and more influence in our nation while the farmers in the south get left out. It is time for a party and a ideology to restore the agricultural society we once had. The farmers are the true citizens of the world. The people in the city's do not know what real work is. They sit at their desk writing story's while we the farmers build this country. We want Haukism to spread and we want to mobilize the farmers in all of Terra to stand up and go against the further industrialization and digitalization of the world. We need to restore the agricultural society we once had!

Hauke in the middle with 2 of his farm workers

Said Benjamin Hauke. He was applauded by the farmers who see him as their saviour. Hauke his goal is to make other farmers accros Terra create Haukist party's and "return their nations to the strong society of farmers they once were and drive out the industrialists who have not only brought death to this world but have also caused poverty and greed to overtake them"

The HVV has already proposed several bills that allign with their agenda. We wonder how the party will do in the first elections.
menkiller755

Postby Rhabarbabarbara » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:57 am

Zentrumspartei Announces Line-up of Cabinet Ministers
Dorvik's Centre Party have revealed who their four ministers will be in the next Zara Hoffmann-led government. After a week of heady rumours, there were one or two surprises.

On Wednesday, Dorvik's Centre Party officially unveiled the four members bestowed with a ministerial post in Chancellor Zara Hoffmann's new coalition government. After receiving nearly 18% of the vote in the last election - making it the country's third-largest parliamentary faction - the Centre Party had a number of viable candidates to bring into the cabinet.

The most high profile appointment was that of Tobias Strenz as Finance Minister. The 72-year-old former commercial airline pilot turned bookshop owner turned politician, is a popular and influential figure among the party's membership. The post was widely expected to be taken by party leader Christian Mayer, the mastermind behind the party's recent electoral success. However, in a statement on Wednesday afternoon, Mayer declared that:
My role is as leader of the party. Promoting myself to a cabinet position would hinder my ability to make our party even more successful. I will, however, be supporting the government and my colleagues in every way possible.

Specifically referring to Strenz, he went on to say:
Tobias Strenz, I'm sure, will make an excellent Finance Minister. He has the knowledge and experience to take on one of the most important and prominent positions in the government. His wealth of experience means that I can think of no other person who would be best suited to the role.

Above: Finance Minister Tobias Strenz giving a speech in Vilnau earlier last year.

Strenz's first act will be to try and pass a new budget that can be accepted by the three-party coalition. Although the government has a large and stable majority in the Federal Assembly, some on the left of the Centre Party are pushing for tax increases that observers note would be unacceptable to both the ADA and KRA.

In a more tactical move, the Trade and Industry portfolio has gone to Sabine Beck, the head of the Zentrumspartei in Westmark. The province, which overwhelmingly voted for the leftist Aufsteigen! in the previous election, has, according to recent opinion polls, felt increasingly forgotten by the centre-right government of Chancellor Hoffmann. The decision to promote a former trade union official from the region is being seen as an attempt to address this discontent and weaken the support of Aufsteigen!'s principle support base.

Above: Sabine Beck (l) and Julia Weiss (r) at the Zentrumspartei conference in August.

In line with a promise of a gender balance, Julia Weiss will now head-up the Infrastructure and Transport Ministry while Hans Müller takes on the Science and Technology portfolio. Both ministers, both relatively-unknown outside of Christian Mayer's inner circle, are expected to announce a range of measures to improve digital infrastructure across the country in the coming days.
Rhabarbabarbara

Postby Rhabarbabarbara » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:03 pm

Wolfgang Glos, Governor of Kordusia, dies aged 53
The Governor, who was elected one year ago, passed away in the early hours of this morning following a heart attack.

Wolfgang Glos, the Governor of northern province of Kordusia, has passed away at the age of 53. He was admitted into Haldor Hospital in the early hours of yesterday morning following a heart attack. Although Glos began to stabilise soon after, his condition quickly deteriorated. A statement from the Governor's office said:

Governor Glos was with his close family when he passed away. We ask that his family's privacy is respected as this difficult time.

Glos won a surprise victory over the ADA in last years governor race, and quickly became a popular figure within the party. Beginning his career as a secondary mathematics teacher, he entered politics for the first time following the formation of the Zentrumspartei. His policies and ability to calmly negotiate with parties across the political spectrum allowed him to pass a number of influential bills.

A leadership race to replace Glos is not expected to be held until after the Governor's funeral. However, a number of candidates have quickly emerged, including State Finance Minister Elsa Heil and Labour Minister Manfred Naumann.
Rhabarbabarbara

Postby Pragma » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:28 pm

President Kilburg On Governor Glos, Visit To Kurageri, 3rd Term // DNS

Above: President Bernard Kilburg

The President has today commented on two major issues in a meeting with the press: the surprising passing of the Kordusian governor and his future visit to Kurageri. The President started his talk to the press by sending his condolences to the late governor, who he said 'was always the nicest guy when I met him, and was a proud patriot and lover of Dorvik'. Glos narrowly defeated incumbent ADA governor Henrik Hemmer just one year ago, and his passing only at 53 was a major shock around the country. President Kilburg said of the times he met with Glos that 'you never got the feeling from him that he was in it for anything other than helping people, and that's something I've always admired in a politician and a man'.

Secondly, the President went on to talk to reporters about his visit to Kurageri, which he said he is 'very excited about'. Despite Hawu Mumhenes recently deciding to pay for the A1 highway project in its entirety, President Kilburg said that 'there is always more to be done to help developing nations'. President Kilburg says the visit will take place in a few months, and that he will be offering a number of options in terms of Dorvik investment in the country, both particularly infrastructural and generally financial. Kurageri has recently set out on a number of adventurous projects such as the A1 highway that Hawu Mumhenes is funding. Kilburg did express concern that 'Hawu may be trying just to undercut Dorvik, because they've been very aggressive to our cabinet'.

Despite his success and relative popularity, the President announced during the later part of the interview that he will not be running for another term. 'What happens next is up to my party,' he says, 'but I think 6 or so years is enough for me, since I'm already 72'. The President declined to endorse a successor to his position, saying that he will stay neutral on the ballot to replace him that will be held in 4372 - barring an early election. Multiple names have appeared in terms of his successor, with the most popular being controversial and highly conservative Minister of Foreign Affairs Esther Fischer. Other floated names include the moderate and authoritative Minister of Internal Affairs, Ida Kayser, and Dorvan governor Jan-Henrik Hatrig.

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby Rogue » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:24 am

HVV PRESENTS PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE
Hermann Hössler has been presented by the HVV as presidential candidate for the upcoming elections

Benjamin Hauke had called in a press conference to announce the presidential candidate for the HVV.
Hermann Hössler is a 45 year old former Diplomat from Miktar. Hauke and his party chose Hössler because of his experience on the international stage and because of his support towards Haukism.

I have always been dedicated to the development and prosperity of this beautifull nation and know the importance of good international relations. My family is a true farmers family and after i picked up the news on this new ideology i tried to learn more about it. When Hauke created his party i knew i had to take my chances. I thank Hauke and his party for this perfect opportunity and will serve this nation to the best of my ability when elected

Presidential candidate for the HVV Hermann Hössler

Hauke and his party members have been organizing the party since its creation. Now that they have the party structure stable they are appointing their picks for the shadow cabinet positions and Hössler is the first pick.

The party also announced its plans to propose legislation for healthcare to "ensure the rural population will get the same quality healthcare that the urban population has had for years"

These reform proposals are likely to be proposed in the upcoming months.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Pragma » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:56 am

Esther Fischer Blasts 'Colourist And Conspiritorial' Hawu Government... // DNS Worldwide

Above: Minister of Foreign Affairs, Esther Fischer

Esther Fischer has today blasted the government of Hawu Mumenhes for what she called 'a colourist plot to have hegemony over black people Terra-wide'. Fischer told DNS that the Hawu government had 'fundamentally misunderstood the entire situation' involving Kurageri. Fischer was extremely quick to tell DNS reporters that 'there were never any plans to have the Dorvish military in Kurageri, it was planned for us to contract with Dorvish private security firms to protect our citizens'. The original wording of Fischer's plans were, admittedly, ambiguous - and they left it open to interpretation as to whether she was planning for Dorvish forces or general security to be in Kurageri. Regardless, Fischer was adamant throughout the interview that 'there was never an invasion planned, we were simply looking to help these people - but Hawu doesn't think white people could ever earnestly help developing black nations!'.

Fischer continued aggressive rhetoric against Hawu throughout the interview, saying they had a 'nasty habit' of trying to undermine countries helping the third world. Fischer said that 'Hawu so deeply envies Dorvik that I find it funny, but they'll never be Dorvik! So what do they try to do? They try to have colourist hegemony over the black world, because of their outdated and strange worldview'. This was as close as Fischer came to outright condemnation of the 'aggressive regime' in Aqqak, which she also went on to accuse of spreading conspiracies about the Dorvish state. 'I find it really funny,' she noted, 'that when we try to help poorer countries we're imperialists with delusions of grandeur, but when they help poorer countries they're the nicest people on the face of Terra and everyone should love them'. The hypocrisy argument is particularly popular in Dorvik at the moment, especially among the right.

There has been some speculation that Hawu has indeed been trying to seem like the moral authority in Artania for political reasons, but the accusation that they are 'colourist' - seeing other black people as lesser - is quite radical of an opinion, even on the Dorvish far-right. Fischer, who has also been an open advocate for Kazulia and its declaration of war on Dankuk, also says that she doesn't understand why the past of Dorvish relations with Hawu is being brought up now. 'I simply think at some point you have to move on,' she says, 'rather than hold all of these silly little grudges'. She also refuted the claim she had ever eyed Hawu over the table, and said that she had always been open to solving the situation diplomatically. 'But when you are accusing me of planning a military occupation,' she blasted, 'then you have crushed diplomacy underfoot for your own political goals'.

Calming down a bit, after what she had called 'an attack on her character as a person', Fischer stated categorically that 'there are no plans to have any kind of control over any nation but Dorvik'. She was notably very uncomfortable at the mention of how this affair may damage her own image and credibility abroad, saying 'I have no plans at this point to be going anyway, even if I was offered the Presidency'. This was in reference to the recent Haldor chatter that Fischer could take the ADA's electoral endorsement, and if she could sway the KRA and Centrists to support she would easily become the favourite to win. 'I have meeting with Terra-wide diplomats on a daily basis', she says, almost boasting, 'and so my mind has to be on the prize'. That may be so, but for now her credibility lies shattered on the floor lest Dorvik's name be cleared on the Kurageri affair.

...But President Kilburg 'Is Open' To Hawu Visit... // DNS Worldwide

Above: President Kilburg

President Kilburg, in stark contrast with Minister Fischer, has instead gone the diplomatic route. He said that 'there was no attempt to control the Kurageri state or sway the election results, and the results came out cleanly even by Hawu's estimations in the end'. However, he also said that he is 'very open' to visiting Aqqak and 'sorting out this big misunderstanding and mess'. Kilburg even admitted that 'it's clear that we have came out of this looking awfully, but that's not what we intended at all - we were looking to help but Fischer went a step or two too far'. Kilburg is known to dislike Fischer, and is believed to be considering sacking her from his cabinet - the two have always been at odds due to their highly differing opinions on key issues, but it now seems like Kilburg is throwing Fischer entirely off of the deep-end in order to save face.

Kilburg explained that, as he sees it, 'the plans offered originally came from a misunderstanding of the situation of Kurageri, and we were taking every single precaution - I'm very sorry that came off so badly'. Kilburg also claimed credit for having 'convinced' the Foreign Minister to change her plans, likely with the carrot of keeping her job and the stick of his own popularity in Dorvik. This meeting with DNS occurred only a day after the meeting with Fischer, mind you - so the President may yet still kick her from her post and replace her with someone more 'diplomatic'. Kilburg said that he was still 'very excited for talking with people in Kuga' and was still planning on investing into Kurageri. He was open that he wanted 'the best for Dorvik from this situation', but was also willing to be overseen by watchdogs from across Terra to ensure that it is all done ethically.

Kilburg said of a meeting with the Hawu leader in Aqqak: 'it'd be a great opportunity for dialogue, for me to explain my position, and for me to apologise for my words that were based in genuine upset that our attempt at helping had gone so belly-up'. He explained his comment that Hawu was being 'aggressive', saying that he felt that Hawu had 'made it their business to stick up for another nation that was asking for our help', but that he realised later that he seemed to be attacking Hawu for being a watchdog for poorer countries - and made yet another apology for his conduct and behaviour. He also offered an apology for the 'neglect' that Artanian countries had treated the 'unique and special nation of Hawu Mumenhes'. This again, is very contrasting with the rhetoric of his own foreign minister, who had suggested to him privately he shouldn't go to Hawu - according to insider reports.

Kilburg did, however, say he hoped to see Hawu give their own apology for 'attacking Dorvish media', when the Dorvish press has always remained independent on internal politics. The Head of DNS - Jan Enschulding - had denied claims that editors tried to 'cover up' Dorvish actions. Kilburg noted that 'you cannot have a dialogue if you are trying to be self-righteous, and as I am willing to let down my guard I hope Hawu will meet us in the middle and give their own side of the story and accept ours'. Kilburg does have to worry about Fischer, however, as she is now the favourite to take his place on the ADA's presidential endorsement spot. The primary to get the ADA's endorsement is to be held in nearly 2 years, but already there had been some interest from Fischer's camp, despite her earlier denial. 'I bet she is eyeing my job', Kilburg said off-camera, 'but I don't give a damn!'.

...And Kayser Has Other Priorities // DNS

Above: Minister of Internal Affairs, Ida Kayser

As this drama persists, in Dorvik itself the Minister of Internal Affairs, Ida Kayser, has some big plans. It was announced this week that the nation is considering building a super-carrier to go alongside the two serving aircraft carriers in Dorvish waters - which are due to be renamed. All three new names will take inspiration from Dorvish history, it was also revealed, and the carrier will likely come into service 4374 - with full naval construction priority on the vessel. The plans are yet to be revealed on the carrier itself, but it will be amongst one of only a handful of such super-carrier in the world, and will no-doubt be able to stress Dorvish supremacy over its seas. Kayser said that she is 'working closely with the Ministry of Defence to commission a new, beautiful ship that will secure our nation for decades to come, while also scrubbing monarchist names from our republican fleet'.

Kayser also persisted in calling out the far-left and their recent proposals. She attacked the proposal to make military service mandatory, and a criminal offence to refuse, by saying that the proposal 'was seeking to rob children of their youth for wars they may not support'. The Minister was also very surprised by the proposals laid out to drain local government of their power when it comes to the environment, saying the system of environment devolution 'is a tradition in Dorvik that has always worked, and we are amongst the cleanest nations on the planet'. The Minister of Internal Affairs told DNS that: 'I really hope these new parties are willing to come around the negotiating table with us and defeat these silly proposals', while also noting that 'as a Largonian farm-girl in my childhood', she understood the appeal of the Haukist HVV and was willing to work with the party to defeat communism.

When asked about the Kurageri affairs, Ida Kayser physically rolled her eyes and shuddered - much to the amusement of the journalists she was sitting down with. She said that while should understood where Fischer was coming from with her original plans, she says 'Hawu Mumenhes was right to point out that the plan was a bit off-the-wall'. Kayser is, like the President, known to dislike the extreme ideology of Fischer - despite the Minister of Foreign Affairs' great popularity with the party base. The Minister of Internal Affairs said she was 'very supportive of the President', and that she also hoped for a Presidential visit to the Hawu capital so as to 'sort out this situation once and for all'. Dorvish public opinion on the affair is probably more pro-Fischer than outsiders may think, but the Minister of Foreign Affairs is a greatly controversial figure at home for more reasons than just Hawu and Kurageri.

Kayser is also considered a possible contender to take the Presidential top job, with support from the moderates of the party and behind doors probably the incumbent President himself. She may have to fend off Fischer, but Kayser is far more of a big-tent figure. She may also have to fend off: Minister of Justice Tina Thorn, who is quite conservative and a former KRA member; Minister of Education and Culture Lydie Kilburg, wife of the incumbent and getting on a bit to be honest; Minister of Food and Agriculture Jean-Claude Schlechter, who has denied interest in the role; Minister of Environment and Tourism Florence Kirsch, who is a liberal and youthful figure; Largonian Governor Ada Brenscht, who was elected only a bit over a year ago; Dorvani Governor Jan-Henrik Hatrig who is a bit of a rambunctious and pompous figure. Odds are still on Fischer to win, though.

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

PreviousNext

Return to National News