Selucia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Imperium de Selucia Daily

Postby Aethan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:52 pm

BREAKING In Marea-Civis Sinistram to dissolve?
filtered messaging between two deputies launches the possibility to the air

ImageImage
Deputies Cauria Vulpia and Irsuo Ullio

The news jumped just a few minutes ago, with the leak of private courier between two deputies of the traditional left party In Marea-Civis Sinistram. In the messenger, exchanged between the deputies Cauria Vulpia (Oriensos) and Irsuo Ullio (Insularia), the possibility of a dissolution of the party would be discussed.

Although it is not yet known who has been responsible for the leaks, the content of the message is known, in which the following is commented.

C.V: Have you talked to her [Atia Vinicia]?
I.U: Yes, and you could tell she was worried.
C.V: I would be too, just as they left the party for her ...
I.U: She already knows that it is to renew or die. And I think that after the appearance of so many new parties, she is thinking about leaning for the second.
C.V: It's a difficult decision ... but it's true that the party is not what it used to be. We have lost touch with people and it has been this way for years.
I.U: Almost hree centuries of history ... I suppose that as a ceremonial act, it will be announced in a decade, to coincide with the tercentenary of our foundation.
C.V: Don't you think she's going to resign before?
I.U: No. Knowing her, if she is going to dissolve the party, she will not pass that burden on to another, she will announce it herself.
C.V: It has to be so sad...to see the party you loved and the ideas you loved ending this way, after all we have done for the nation, and seeing that it seems like citizens consider we are no longer necessary...

Both deputies, aged 46 and 54 respectively, have more than 20 years dedicated to the party, and have always won their seats in the province in which they have presented.

In the conversation between both, the key points are read with which the party has been punished for years: dragging almost three centuries of history behind them, the lack of contact with citizens, and the appearance of new parties as in their time they did. The leaders of the party punish themselves about having not been able to preserve the legacy of their predecesors in the nation regarding equality and civil rights, and specially the time of internationalism IMCS has always given to Selucia.

Still waiting for the appearance of one of the party leaders (Zelotes Siskos as party president or Atia Vinicia Gryllus as secretary general), this newspaper has tried unsuccessfully to contact any of the regional leaders, who have refused to answer , and both deputies have not left their offices since the news broke.
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Tue May 01, 2018 3:52 pm

"Lack of alarm in the face of the situation that Selucia is going through is worrisome"
We talk with IMCS General Secretary and candidate for Caesar of Selucia, Atia Vinicia Gryllus

Atia Vinicia Gryllus, during this meeting

Interviewer: Welcome here Mrs. Gryllus, it is such a pleasure to have you with us.
Vinicia Gryllus: The pleasure is mine.

I: Judge, former actress, deputy, ambassador, and now candidate to Head of Government of Selucia. How has all of this happened?
V.G: I'm a very restless woman, you know. In my life, I need to try different things, to experience different aspects, and this has taken me to different ports throughout my life. Since childhood I have always wanted to fight for others, against injustice, and that led me to study law, to be able to fulfill my dreams and help create a more just world. However, once graduated, an actor friend offered me the possibility of doing a casting for a series that was being prepared here in Selucia, and I accepted, why not? And so I foolishly ended up becoming the protagonist of one of the most successful series in our country, "The Lost".

I: And how an actress and judge ends up becoming deputy, ambassador and finally candidate for prime minister?
V.G: I ask myself the same question many times [laughs]. I guess it's all a matter of seeing that a judge, even if they have power of free interpretation of the written laws, can not change them. You have to limit yourself to enforce them and watch over them. And how can laws be changed to make them fairer? With the legislative power, our Senate. So I decided to start my political career in a party that shared most of my ideas, In Marea-Civis Sinistram. I started as a simple deputy for my region of birth, Oriensos, and two years later the government chose me as Ambassador of Selucia in Valruzia, an honor to accept. There they treated me wonderfully. However, 20 years later things were not going so well here, with the emergence of so many xenophobic movements and their apparent popularity. With the resignation of Argos Loukas, I decided that it was time for the party to re-present itself as the party of all citizens, the party that from the progressivism could bring solutions to the lives of the inhabitants of Selucia. So I submitted my candidacy to General Secretary of the party, which is the position that automatically makes you a candidate for prime minister, and here I am

I: What do you think has happened to your party to keep losing votes?
V.G: We have already commented many times: we have lost the touch with the street, the touch that made us different from the other parties, the establishment, and we have settled in our place, accepting with resignation the results of election after election hoping that simply, things changed by themselves. But this does not happen, we are the ones who have to drive the changes. We are promoting right now a battery of laws that, with the current composition of the Senate, will surely end up being rejected by the conservative and discriminatory policies of Legionem Nationis and Factio Republicana, but citizens will see that we are there to fight for it. This is what we lacked: to recover the spark of the workers' struggle, and little by little, we do it again. We hope that in the elections held within a few months, citizens will appreciate it.

I: If you had been general secretary of the party in 4370, would you have signed the government pact with Factio Republicana and Denique Vidimus Lucem?
V.G: I am an Ivmarist, and as Ivmarist, I do not share the idea of ​​governing with right-wing parties that, in the long run, will only damage the image of the government and of the party that presents itself as a progressive representative. However, this does not mean I do not understand why my predecessor in the position, Argos Loukas, did it. He had a difficult decision on his hands, and he did what he thought would be least damaging to the party and to the nation itself, since otherwise, Legionem Nationis would have entered the government. Although in the end, as we have seen, in the long run it could not be avoided by the radical xenophobic and discriminating turn of Factio Republicana, which has placed them next to Legionem Nationis on the far right, and who try to hide their true intentions under the argument to build a "true republic" while passing laws to privatize all sectors of the nation, such as the health sector, or try to impose religion on all citizens, or cut women's rights as their recent reform in the divorce law .

I: So if, after the next elections, the only option to expel Legionem Nationis from the government is to agree with Factio Republicana, you will not do it?
V.G: No, I will not. If after the next elections it is necessary to agree with Factio Republicana, it will mean that the citizens still trust in the current government and therefore, there is no alternative. Any government coalition with Legionem Nationis has been banned for years in my party, and if Factio Republicana continues its current path, it will be vetoed as well. What is certain is that I am astonished to see how we were criticized for leading the nation without having been the most voted force, or the most voted member of the coalition, while now Legionem Nationis has been allowing for years the less voted force of the Senate, Factio Republicana, to direct the policy of our country. All of this, of course, so as not to lose their support. They need each other so as not to fall into chaos, but now they could create a single party and stop dizzy citizens. The lack of alarm of our citizens in the face of the situation that Selucia is going through is worrisome, because it seems like they are agreeing with the extreme policies of Legionem Nationis and Factio Republicana, and this is certainly a matter to worry about.

I: We have to remember, however, that the third member of the governing coalition is Partis Imperialis, now Factio Imperialis, also a former coalition partner of In Marea-Civis Sinistram.
V.G: We have been coalition members when the nation required stability, and nothing else. Obviously, with the current situation, the support of Factio Imperialis to the current government and to some of their policies has hurt us, and we would have to think very carefully about future government coalitions with them.

I: And what about the rumors of dissolution of his party?
V.G: I knew that this question was going to come [nervous laughter]. I prefer to explain it here directly and save us more speculation. Although the chat where everything was revealed was private and it is a clear sign of violation of privacy, it is not less true. I am considering, as Secretary General of the party and in consultation with the Leader of the party, Zelotes Siskos, the end of In Marea-Civis Sinistram as we know it if in the next two elections we do not get good results, because it will definitely mean that the citizenship has lost its trust in us, and that the party, which emerged as a struggle of the working class against the repression of Factio Conservativa, and that throughout its history has defeated various fascist and oppressive regimes in Selucia, including a worse version of Legionem Nationis, has no reason to be. It would mean that the new left parties that have appeared in Selucia have managed to gain their trust and therefore, the existence of In Marea-Civis Sinistram fragmenting progressivism no longer makes sense. Although it will be very painful, I think it is necessary for the good of the nation.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Polites » Wed May 02, 2018 7:46 am

Selucia's Co-op Economy
Selucia embraces cooperatives

Members of the co-op movement campaigning for the Republican Party

January 4387 - As a result of a series of bills, most of them sponsored by the small yet surprisingly influential Republican Party, Selucia has adopted a largely distributist economy, an economic system based on the idea that ownership of the means of production and productive capital should be as widespread as possible. After years of providing tax incentives to cooperatives, the Senate recently privatized most State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs) by selling them to their current employees, while at the same time requiring that every business be organized as a cooperative. As a result, credit unions have largely replaced banks, workers' cooperatives have replaced enterprises, mutual insurance is now the main form of health and other types of insurance, and consumer cooperatives now control most food retail, financial services, legal services, manufacturing, insurance services, and legal services. With membership in cooperative management open to almost every member, the Republicans can now claim, following lengthy but selective cooperation with both left-wing and right-wing parties, that they have achieved their goal of eliminating government monopoly and implementing their particular brand of "Republican liberty". Republican liberty, defined as non-domination or independence from arbitrary power and thus incompatible with the Liberal understanding of liberty as non-interference, is the core concept of the ancient ideology of Classical Republicanism, which the Republican Party's platform has universalized to encompass most citizens, and not just male land-owning citizen-soldiers as in ancient times.

A distributist economy has been the Republican Party's vision from its very inception, and over its relatively long stay in government its long-term goal of implementing an economic system based on its view of universalized Republican liberty was gradually implemented with a series of bills. The first of these, the Salonian Law on Workers' Control passed in 4372 granted tax-exempt status for cooperatives, beginning the gradual cooperatisation of Selucian economy. The Drusan Law on Opportunity of 4376 established the Opportunitas Program, a conditional direct cash payment to all households with children, paving the way for the future adoption of a Universal Basic Income. The failed Laelian Law on Workers' Councils introduced in 4380 aimed to drastically increase taxes on businesses other than cooperatives but was rejected by the Senate as too radical, but the following year the Clodian Law on Salaries succeeded in introducing a maximum wage of 11 times the lowest salary paid within the same company, with an increase for each additional employee, aiming to reduce wage disparity and eliminate inflation. And finally the Clodian Law on Cooperatives passed in 4383 sold most State-Owned Enterprises to their employees, effectively privatizing SOEs under cooperative control, and introduced the requirement that every business must be a cooperative, while the Nymphidian Law on Universal Income introduced a Universal Basic Income, financed by the dismantling or scaling back of several welfare benefits.

All these legislative initiatives were introduced with the stated goal of turning all or most citizens from employees to owners, granting them financial independence from both monopoly capitalism and state ownership, and promoting civic virtue. Due to the Republican Party's particular views on Republican liberty and civic virtue, it claims that its policies aim to foster a community where the citizens are all committed to the Republilcan ideal and everyone is willing to do their part in establishing it through active participation in the political process and through self-determination. The small party's reasoning has been that in unrestrained capitalism monopolies are natural and unavoidable, forcing workers into leonine contracts where the only alternative is starvation, but dependence on government welfare is no less restricting of Republican liberty, as it forces workers into the welfare trap, keeps them dependent on benefits, and discourages financial independence, or so the Party's propaganda claims.

Members of the Societas Cooperativa "Negotium Novum" voting on its corporate policy for 4386-4390

Philosophical grandstanding aside, three years after the introduction of the Republican-initiated reforms their economic and social consequences are mixed. It is certainly far too soon to properly evaluate the long-term economic consequences of a distributist economy, but some of the first effects are showing. Many of the first co-ops were unsuccessful and declared bankruptcy months after founding, owing largely to a lack of initial capital but also caused by systemic mismanagement. However the failure rate of cooperatives has been much lower than for traditional companies, owing partly to the large number of people involved in starting a cooperative and the relatively high level of popular and community support, and more importantly strong government backing. Credit unions have been approving a larger amount of mortgages for low-income households and faced fewer loan delinquencies, while food cooperatives have been noticed to spend more revenues locally. Overall cooperatives seem to have a number of advantages over the old State-Owned Enterprises, their greatest advantage lying in their enjoying a shorter link between management and customers. In SOEs customers cannot actually influence management decisions other than through purchasing behavior, unless one votes and campaigns to influence elected politicians who ultimately impact SOE managers. In cooperatives customer-owners or worker-owners have direct influence over management, eliminating the government and bureaucrats as intermediaries.

However the impact of consumers and workers over the management of cooperatives may have been overstated, as they suffer from similar problems as all forms of collective action. The benefit any individual member can gain from reform tends to be a lot smaller than the resources and effort required from gaining information and influencing other members, and because the benefits of reform are shared equally there is an incentive for many members to free-ride on the efforts of others. There is thus the fear that cooperatives, while marginally better than State-Owned Enterprises, will have difficulty innovating and keeping afloat with global and national challenges and opportunities. Because of their members' inexperience, free-riding problems, and lacking a long and established history, cooperatives are at a distinct disadvantage against more established, mature, and wealthier conventional companies abroad. This may perhaps explain why the Republican Party has been keen to promote isolationism, including by joining the successful referendum campaign in favor of Selucia's withdrawal from the Majatran Alliance.

Republican Senators Rebecca Clodia Pastor and Adeodatus Nymphidius who authored the most important pro-co-op bills managed to hold on to their Senate seats

In spite of the Republican Party's continued domination of Senatorial policy, they have been unable to turn legislative victories into electoral triumphs. The elections in November did not result in any significant vote change for the small party, leaving them unable to capitalize on the relative popularity of pro-cooperative policies, but the governing coalition retained its Senatorial majority, allowing them to continue down the current economic path. Lacking the Legion's advantage of a charismatic leader, the Republicans are thus forced to continue their cooperation with a party many of their own voters view with significant suspicion.
Polites

Postby bee777 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:22 pm

1st Cationwide PFO Conference
PFO Conference in Auroria elected a new chairman

The first nationwide Facto Populi Optimatium conference debated in its private premises at the Aurori Center from the beginning of the week about a new leadership.
More than 850 top PFO officials chose a new party leadership. The new chairman will become vice-chairman Enzo Fontana. The chair of the vice-chairman will get Stefano Alberici.

Chairman Luca Poggio was unable to meet the expectations of the party, and under his leadership we did not have a chance to succeed, so this change.
Octavius Naccorre, Senator

The party hopes that these changes will finally bring success in the elections.
bee777

Postby Polites » Thu May 10, 2018 2:55 pm

Rise of the Co-Op Brothels
Prostitution legalized under cooperatives

Sex workers employed by the Holoserica Rubra brothel

March 4391 - With two new pieces of legislation, both introduced by Republican Party co-founder Decimus Nasennius Valens, the Senate recently agreed to criminalize pornography and fully legalize prostitution. The seeming contradiction between these two bills was explained by Senator Nasennius as being determined by the structural difference between these two lines of sex work, with pornography arguably too far outside the control of government to ensure the consent and legal age for the participants, and prostitution considered a necessary evil needed for the protection of chastity by serving as a controlled outlet for sexual impulses. Whatever the views of Senator Nasennius on the distinction between pornography and prostitution, the fact remains that the legalization of the latter under cooperative principles has been enthusiastically welcomed by sex workers themselves. Soon after the nation-wide legalization of prostitution, former and active prostitutes have embarked on establishing their own brothels, run by the prostitutes themselves as mandated by the law, in an ambitious project that they claim will empower sex workers and provide a safe and healthy working environment.

One of the largest cooperative brothels is the Holoserica Rubra ("Red Velvet") brothel in Auroria. The Aurorian government had already permitted prostitution under previous legislation that had devolved this matter to local governments, but now that prostitution is legal nation-wide the brothel's worker-owners aim to expand their business throughout the Republic and encourage the development of a mature and stable cooperative brothel system. When Holoserica Rubra starts turning out a profit, its workers claim, it will invest money in workshops and other projects for prostitutes, including language classes, compensation insurrance, micro-loans for small businesses, school scholarships, and business training for those that wish to leave the sex industry.

However not all prostitutes are enthusiastic about the co-op brothel system, many of whom are suspicious of the government's involvement. Most prostitutes in Selucia (roughly 80% according to official government estimates) originate from mainland Majatra, with the remaining 20% being either Selucian or from Seleya and Artania. This makes cooperation very difficult, given that many sex workers don't speak the same language, many would prefer to work from their homes and not involve themselves in cooperative projects, and a significant number only wishing to remain in the Selucian sex industry until they gain enough money to return to their countries of origin. Other prostitutes, represented by Superbia, the largest Selucian NGO dedicated to sex workers' rights, are particularly critical of the new policy of naming and shaming married johns. Under current adultery legislation, only the "intruding" party is penalized, which would have effectively made it illegal for prostitutes to cater to married customers while the latter would not have been penalized. Although the Nasennian Law on Prostitution grants sex workers an exemption from the adultery law, it also requires them to verify the customers' marital status, and the government is permitted to name and shame all customers who are married. This, Superbia argues, puts undue pressure on sex workers. Public shaming of johns would force sex workers into isolation, making clients less visible and more willing to avoid legal brothels, encouraging prostitutes to meet with clients in dangerous areas and not negotiate terms properly.

Overall however the sex workers seem to have embraced the cooperative model required by the law, and sex work co-ops are being organized throughout the country. The government has been arguing that requiring all prostitution to take place in brothels, under strict government regulation and control, would drastically reduce the risk of human trafficking, while the requirement that all brothels be organized as co-ops would lead to safer and more equitable business practices. Even if that is indeed the case, Selucia's co-op brothels still have a long way to go before they become the flourishing business they aim to become.
Polites

Re: Ephemeris Seluciana (Selucian Daily)

Postby Repasto » Fri May 11, 2018 8:23 pm

Consul Varro Regains Office, but Party's Future Uncertain
October 4391

(Left to Right) Princeps Senatus Atrenius and Consul Varro attend a rally in Augusta

Following Consul Varro's unexpected defeat in the snap election of 4387, many political analysts predicted that the continually aging politician would step aside either through a personal decision to do so or through pressure from members of his own party. Instead, Mr. Varro has not only managed to keep control of the party (through adopting a newly recreated "Party Chairman" title to make his power over the political organization official), but has gone on to win reelection this year, marking his fourth election to the office and, barring another decision by the Senate for an early election, his third full term.

Selucian analysts have chalked up Consul Varro's continued control over the party (speculated by outsiders to be an almost absolute power) to a combination of his own personal charisma and popularity with the Selucian voter-base (his continued electoral success being pointed to in support of such claims) and a lack of suitable challengers within the party. Foreign Minister Buccio has been a relatively unknown figure to the general public and Princeps Senatus Atrenius has been described by one comedian as "a bland husk of a human being with the personality of dry wall", with some speculating that the latter's own position will be challenged by younger and more dynamic members of the party. With no one else able to capture the public's eye as effectively, Varro has been able to maintain his position out of fear that his absence would destroy the LN's continued large returns in the Senate.

Still, Consul Varro occupies somewhat of a precarious position, and sources indicate that rifts in the party may be developing. Some more radical members are claimed to have privately accused party leadership of "selling out to the establishment" and toning down rhetoric in order to appeal to a wider audience, especially evident in the increasing lack of speech from officials emphasizing Hosian viewpoints. On the other hand, some have argued that the party is too rooted in divisive rhetoric on issues such as immigration and have called for a more center-right agenda and tone in public affairs.

It is not clear whether the recently-reformed party has an extended future or whether it will collapse just as its first incarnation did before it, but it is probable that the party has many challenges it must overcome if it wants to ensure an extended future.
Repasto

Postby Aethan » Mon May 14, 2018 2:21 pm

In Marea-Civis Sinistram regains support and Government
The progressist party has managed to recover the confidence of Selucians and now seats just 35 deputies behind LN and leads the opposition in three regions and the government of Insularia.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
From left to right: Caesar Atia Vinicia Gryllus, and Ministers of Foreign Affairs, Defence, Justice, Health and Education of Selucia

Following the results of the 4391 Selucian elections, members of the leftist IMCS party have reasons for joy. With the best result of its history against LN, In Marea has managed to form an alliance with Factio Imperialis and Populi Factio Optimatium to launch a new government and end the dominance of LN and FR in the Selucian politics.

The negotiations, carried out by the general secretary of the party, Atia Vinicia Gryllus, have led her to become the 49th Caesar of Selucia and the ninth woman to take office since its re-establishment in 4100.

The newly elected Prime Minister in her first words has already advanced that she will try to fix the damage that conservative parties have done both in the national and international environment, and that she will try to recover the lost credibility.

The other main reason for moderate joy is the placement as leader of the opposition in Oriensos, Occidentria and Cor Patriae, and the conservation by absolute majority of Artemisia Oltra as Praetor of Insularia by absolute majority.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Tue May 15, 2018 6:29 pm

Insularia to defy national Senate
Secretary of Foreign Affairs of the region has announced the conversion of it to a "Sanctuary region"

Artemisia Oltra (right) and Xalimio Pulcro, Secretary of Foreign Affairs of Insularia. (left)

The government of Insularia, through its Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Xalimio Pulcro, has announced a proposal in the Insularian Senate to turn the province into a "Sanctuary region", in order to defy the current law, approved by Legio Nationalis and Factio Republicana some years ago that stablish that only refugees victim of extreme circumstances are allowed to enter the nation, with no aid given to them.

With 87 seats out of 150, the government of Insularia (which belongs entirely to In Marea-Civis Sinistram), has secured the approval of the law by absolute majority. According to the draft, the regional law will challenge the national through financial support and open doors to anyone considered as a refugee by the relevant authorities.

Although the law is still being drafted so as not to conflict with the national law, the Insularian government does not foresee that the Caesar of Selucia, Atia Vinicia Gryllus, who belongs to the same political party and has already demonstrated against approval of the national law considering it "discriminatory" and "against a democratic and solidary nation as Selucia has always been", try to stop it, the clash with Consul Martinus Varro, of Legio Nationalis, is assured, even though in the Senate of Insularia his party, in spite of being leader of the opposition, does not possess the votes necessary to prevent a hypothetical law of reception of refugees.

According to what has transpired, the lawyers of In Marea-Insularia Sinistram would be studying to rely on the national law that gives regional governments the ability to decide on homeless people and reintegration projects.

It is a shame that our nation, known for its tolerance and respect for all people until recently, has suffered since the arrival of Legio Nationalis and Factio Republicana to power a progressive discrediting both international and national because of the adoption of laws that denigrate women and minorities in our country. In Insularia it will not continue like this. We hope to have soon ready the law that will be approved by the Insularian Senate at the moment, so that everyone who comes to our region in search of a better life and who really wants to work for the benefit of Insularia and its people is received with arms open and can be done as a person.
has said its Foreign Affairs Secretary.

Since the arrival of Zenon Gogolas to power in Insularia, each time the region has had an IMCS Praetor a banner with the words "Refugees welcome" has been displayed at the top of the regional hall.

At the same time, the Insularian government has also announced another draft to allow divorces if any of the partners wants it, in opposition with the current law, also stablished by Factio Republicana and Legio Nationalis, which only allows divorces when grounded cause is proved.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Repasto » Wed May 16, 2018 4:57 am

CONSUL ASSASSINATED IN SATURNUM

Reports are currently coming in that Consul Martinus Varro (LN) has been reported dead following hospitalization in critical condition after a fatal shooting in the city of Saturnum. The shooter was killed by the subsequent action of the late Consul's private guard, and authorities have at this time not released the assassin's identity or any information regarding whether this attack was politically motivated or simply a consequence of mental illness.

Consul Varro was one of the most polarizing figures in recent Selucian politics, being both beloved and vilified for his far-right stances and blunt nature. This is no better indicated than by the massive public response already taking place through social media, with some lamenting the loss of the party leader and multi-term Consul and some celebrating and making light of the situation - the latter of whom is experiencing some amount of backlash from the supporters of who was regarded as a popular figure in the Republic's society.

With Varro's departure, sources have stated that intense party infighting has already begun. With a massive power vacuum now in place and no one initially able to recreate the dynamic personality that the party essentially built itself on, analysts predict that the party will be unable to successfully fire up a constituent base that is already moving further towards the left even if quarrels and party schisms do not force it to dissolve. Prospects do not bode well for the Legion's future, and many LN politicians have already migrated to the folds of the Republicans and Imperialists or have formed small and currently insignificant parties of their own.

For now, a state funeral is being organized and early elections are being called to replace the tragically slain public figure.
Repasto

Postby Aethan » Wed May 16, 2018 5:02 pm

Selucia prepares new elections as Consul is assassinated
Selucian Caesar has has expressed her solidarity with the family and the rejection of terrorism without praising Mr. Varro

Caesar Atia Vinicia Gryllus with the Praetor of Cor Patriae at the State funeral of Consul Martinus Varro

Terrorism strikes back once again in Selucia, killing another of its representatives. Authorities of Cor Patriae confirmed that Consul Varro, elected in 4392 for his fourth term and one of the most controversial figures of the current political scenario in Selucia, died in what was considered a terrorist attack. He becomes the second Consul to be assassinated in modern history after Arria Ivmarus, from In Marea-Civis Sinistram, was killed in 4261 along with 44 other members of the leftist party; and becomes the first Consul to be killed in office.

Caesar Atia Vinicia Gryllus, official Head of Government of Selucia but technically with the same powers as Consul Varro, has become the interim Consul until new elections are celebrated, which has been announced as soon from the government.

It is a sad day for all of us. Now that it has been confirmed that the death of Consul Varro has been due to a terrorist attack, from the government we want to express the deepest rejection of this type of violence, which brings out the worst of our human condition and reduces us to mere beasts. We must fight against this scourge that has persecuted us as a species for a long time, and we must do it together if we want to win. Our condolences go to Mr. Varro's family, who are currently going through difficult times, and say that terrorism will never defeat democracy. We must continue fighting for Mrs. Ivmarus, for Mr. Varro, and for all those who today can not be here with us, victims of these despicable acts.

Mrs. Gryllus, who has led serious disagreements with Mr. Varro because of the political position of both leaders (Varro belonging to the right-wing party Legio Nationalis and Gryllus to the left of In Marea-Civis Sinistram), has avoided mentioning in her speech any reference to the work done by the deceased during his previous terms, something that has raised protests in some and samples of support in other citizens through the social network Switter.

"What political baseness our leaders have. Nor do the dead are recognized by everything they have done for our great nation."

@SuriaP12

At the moment the left allows itself to praise a xenophobic and retrograde, it loses all its essence. Well done, Mrs. Caesar. #DoNotPraiseFascists.

@MargVu
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

PreviousNext

Return to National News