Medina

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: The Medina Courier

Postby Luis1p » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:58 am

-- OOC: All Posts about Northern Council Bombings in Medina Courier should be in Bianjie Chronicle. My apologies.
Last edited by Luis1p on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luis1p

Postby lewiselder1 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:21 am

OOC: it looks like there’s been a bit of confusion around Bianjie / Medina: the NC are not bombing Medina, and the Bianjie bombings are entirely separate events to Medinese War. Lourenne is not, so far as I know, bombing Medina. Working on figuring out what’s happened haha.
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby Yolo04 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:50 pm

Dankuk Signs Arms Deal with Medina
Today the Imperial Palace has announced an arms deal with Medina
Following much discussion between the Imperial Palace and the Royal Armed Forces,The arms deal will allow the selling of all weaponry and vehicles/vessels to Medina in exchange for the following:
1.)Allowing for Dankuk to establish military bases in Medinan territory
2.)Expanding rights,including expansion of freedom of press and freedom of religion
3.)Dankuk will be allowed to send military personnel and vehicles into Medina
4.)Dankuk will guarantee the safety of the Sultan and his family
List of Parties:
Image Keymon, Four Pillars Party (MQP): ACTIVE

Dankuk, Hwanghu Dang Party (4613): INACTIVE
Yolo04

Location: West Virginia, USA (haha country roads jokes are so funny)

Postby CanFly » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:26 pm

Call me Eagle!

(Controller of House Nordenburg/Neuhaus of Talmoria)

Indrala: Inactive
Dankuk: Inactive
Keymon: Inactive
Talmoria-Aslistan: Active
Hawu Mumenhes: Inactive
Cobura: Inactive
CanFly

Postby lewiselder1 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:35 pm

OOC: Clarification

So, to clarify — Lourenne has NOT been bombing Medina. As to it’s involvement in Bianjie with the NC, I can’t say.

The Northern Council is NOT involved in Medina at all.

South Utembo is in Talmorian hands. Medina and Tropica are still in Medinese hands, ready to defend themselves.

Now, we must bring this war to Medina! Invade our land, if you’re involved.
Last edited by lewiselder1 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby CanFly » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:31 am

Call me Eagle!

(Controller of House Nordenburg/Neuhaus of Talmoria)

Indrala: Inactive
Dankuk: Inactive
Keymon: Inactive
Talmoria-Aslistan: Active
Hawu Mumenhes: Inactive
Cobura: Inactive
CanFly

Postby lewiselder1 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:09 pm

Azeez Recruiting Volunteer Guerrilla Troops in Daring Defensive Tactic

While Azeez has been cautiously taking the fight to the enemy as Talmoria invaded northern Medina, calling up the nation’s entire reserves and bringing together a massive defensive force, attacking only whenever any weaknesses open up in the enemy’s lines and deck wiring powerful blows wherever possible — minimising heavy losses in the process while drawing the enemy further and further into risky territory by retreating in the face of an unfavourable battle —, he’s also begun a daring and yet apparently ingenious tactic in the nearby northern provinces expected to fall should Talmoria push ahead.

Indeed, the army is now officially recruiting secret ‘militias’: that is, lightly trained guerrilla troops, mostly volunteers, who whave blended into the populace and intend to strike behind enemy lines. These organised militias are apparently also supported by the Medinese intelligence services to help secure their safety and coach them through the process — as the enemy pushes into Medina, these militias will be able to put up a strong resistance and engage in what one might call a battle of attrition.

With nationalistic fervour being carefully breeders into the people’s culture in recent years alongside military ideas of honour and glory, it has not been impossible to recruit members to these militias, despite the relatively high risk and lack of payment. Their reward? They’ll be eligible for all military honours and medals, and will be offered the chance to enter the military proper at a high rank should they survive the war. Add in the ability to loot enemy forces and keep what they find, and there is an apparently quite strong case for joining up, being put forward in some cases by Azeez himself, delivering rousing speeches to nearby cities and towns as he attempts to hold off the Talmorian assault for as long as possible.

Is this an admittance of failure? Is Azeez suggesting he needs to prepare for the enemy to march deep into Medinese territory, unable to beat the enemy? Or is this all part of a grander plan, and merely an additional defensive move? Will Azeez’s decision to only fight on favourable ground bring victory and glory, or merely break down troops morale while painting Azeez out to be a coward and a fool?

More as it happens.

lewiselder1

Postby Yolo04 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:08 am

List of Parties:
Image Keymon, Four Pillars Party (MQP): ACTIVE

Dankuk, Hwanghu Dang Party (4613): INACTIVE
Yolo04

Location: West Virginia, USA (haha country roads jokes are so funny)

Postby General.M » Wed May 02, 2018 7:49 pm

Libertären Partei (Dorvik)(inactive)
Republikeinse Partij / Rekvaknsé Prta (Vanuku)(inactive)
Alianța Liberalilor (New Endralon/Kizenia)(active)
Natsional'naya Liga Patriotov (Trigunia)(inactive)
General.M

Postby lewiselder1 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:52 pm

Azeez Secures Major Victory In West as he Embraces New Tactics On the Battlefield

Today, Azeez looked confident after announcing that his forces had pushed back the enemy in the north with a daring, fast-paced assault that risked few Medinese lives while decimating the Western forces of the enemy.

Azeez has been described as acting “masterfully” here and is quickly becoming an accepted “military genius” in Medina and even abroad, joining the “ancient legends, the hero generals of the days of yore” in the words of the Sultan. In this latest attack, Azeez utilised the stronger Medinese understanding of the environment to manouver his troops into position discreetly, using large hills and foliage to hide his movement. After quietly moving his troops into position — part of a wider plan from Azeez to update Medinese tactics to become more cautious, secretive and subversive, adopting a semi-guerrilla style of warmaking to outmatch the superior foreign arms — Azeez was able to launch a large surprise atrtack, reinforced by tanks and heavy machine guns mounted onto trucks, capable of pursuing the enemy and quickly dispatching of retreating stragglers and even large groups with ease.

Azeez also utilised his characteristic quick wits, powerful experience (lending him a strong eye for battle and opportunity), and incredibly manouverable army to adapt to the enemy’s counter attacks with deft action. His careful use of reserves and reinforcements also helped with this.

Azeez’s style and particular favourability with regards to vehicular combat have always granted him a speed and ferocity in battle lacked by some of his opponents. When an issue with translation between the Talmorian and Confederate troops in the region led to confusion, a delayed response and formed an opening in the centre of the enemy’s line, Azeez was able to smash through the enemy with a devastating vehicular assault that separated the enemy into two halves, which could then be easily surrounded and captured or forced to rout.

This time, it seems, a combination of a lack of focus on the West by the enemy, the multilingual nature of their army, and Azeez’s strong performance led to a significant victory for Medina, forcing back the invaders’ troops and resecuring a number of strategic and defendable positions. Indeed, Medina should now be ready to respond to a push in any direction: should the enemy bring the assault to Azeez, he should be able to put up a strong defense; if they head south, towards the capital, he can easily manouver to intercept. Still, the risk of air attacks, the strong defendable locations the Coalition still occupies, the chance of a southern invasion and the Coalition’s inevitable re-evaluation of their tactics and ability to learn from this failure means that the wor isn’t exactly won already, and Azeez won’t get to rest just yet.

Still, after a long period of retreat and defeats, this has come as a shining beacon of hope for a struggling Medinese military.

Militia Policy Rolled Out in Updated Form Across Medina

Azeez’s “miraculously successful” policy to build a civilian, secret guerrilla force through pure nationalistic fervour in the north has now been rolled out across the rest of Medina, according to a new statement by the Sultan’s office.

It continues to explain that, while specifics are top secret, the “very healthy” numbers of unidentifiable guerrilla forces hiding within plain sight amongst civilian populations, new improvements to the system has allowed “many recruits to the National Militia to relocate to strategical positions and, in doing so, defend against the enemy wherever they strike.” This policy has been incredibly popular with Medinese citizens, who still largely support the Sultan and the Empire, and are not yet tired of war.

Tropica’s Troops Secure South Medina while Remaining Forces And Navy Go On The Defensive

After the Medinese-Tropican navies suffered a shattering defeat at sea recently, with the NEK navy now controlling the strategically important seas to the south of Medina, Tropica has now withdrawn its navy to go on the defensive. The new blockade of course means that Tropica can no longer easily supply new troops to the Medinese mainland, burn luckily had already poured several thousand into the Medinese mainland already.

Indeed, the Tropican military now serves as Medina’s main defensive force in the south, and is indeed quite a capable one at that. This has allowed Azeez to re-route most Medinese troops to the north, using them in the increasingly difficult battle against Talmorian and Confederate forces...

lewiselder1

PreviousNext

Return to National News