Requests: Cultural Protocols - CPs [M]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Cultural Protocol Approvals

Postby cm9777 » Fri May 04, 2018 11:39 am

Bachelot wrote:
cm9777 wrote:
Nasania wrote:Dankuk's update 4385 http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=565997
Thank you.

Apologies for the late update on this but the Math on the Religion section adds up to 112% or so. Unless I’m reading it wrong. Update: The Ethnic appears to add up to 99%. Please amend as well.

A requirement for the percentages to add up to 100 is not specified at all in the updated Game Rules, the relevant part of which I quote below:

i. To install a new Cultural Protocol or replace a current one, users should pass a bill with the support of a two-thirds majority of players with seats and then post a link to the bill on the Cultural Protocols Approval Thread. Following this Moderation will leave the submission pending for 48 hours, so that any community member with an objection can raise them, Moderation will also review in detail the proposal. Once Moderation approval has been given a player should then post a copy of the bill in the “bills under debate” section of their nation, with a link to the original bill.
ii. Moderation will deny any request that changes the % of any category by more than 15 and will request significant RP justification for any request that changes the % of any category by more than 7.
iii. To remove a current Culture Protocol users in a nation should pass a bill with the support of a two thirds majority of players with seats, clearly stating their intentions and containing no other articles, then notify Moderation in the Requests for Culturally Open Status Thread.

If CP updates are going to be rejected on the grounds of the percentages not adding up to 100, then ideally this should be communicated in the Game Rules (or at least in an official template Cultural Protocol document or somewhere). Particularly as some players may think it is relatively normal for the percentages to exceed 100, on the grounds that some citizens may have multiple cultural and/or religious identities.

Also, CP update request for Mordusia: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=566726

You are right that there is no specified mention that the related compositions reach the 100 benchmark number. This is just the following of an established precedent in the past where it was written in the old game rules. Perhaps its something to think about adding into these game rules. The update was not rejected in any way but a simple request from me to double check that the Maths added up. There is an assumed intention that the author of the document wanted them to add up to 100% and I'm not aware of any protocols really which have accounted for multiple identities as all the ones I have seen even under the new system have followed the old add up to 100 approach (Nasania is free to correct me on this if that was not the intention by the way). This might be a decent idea for protocols in the future but this should probably made clear as to not confuse players who might be reading set protocols.

Finally, Moderation will look at the Updated Mordusian Protocols and wait 48 hours before approving.

This has indeed provided some more insight as to the potential of future cultural protocols and perhaps its something to think about for the future. :D
cm9777

Re: Cultural Protocol Violation Reports

Postby FPC » Fri May 04, 2018 1:28 pm

CanFly wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty.php?partyid=34136

Not sure what language this is... possibly German ? Anyway it’s not the national language Of Talmoria

Thanks, I'll message the user and ask him to change it.
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby cm9777 » Sun May 06, 2018 5:57 am

cm9777 wrote:
Kubrick wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=567004

Would add mass justification links but not in Netherlands at the moment and it's a pain on the phone.

48 hours as per game rules thanks.

Approved
cm9777

Postby cm9777 » Sun May 06, 2018 6:00 am

Approved
cm9777

Postby Bachelot » Mon May 07, 2018 12:30 am

cm9777 wrote:
cm9777 wrote:
Kubrick wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=567004

Would add mass justification links but not in Netherlands at the moment and it's a pain on the phone.

48 hours as per game rules thanks.

Approved

To be clear, I'm not trying to "argue" here, but the language section has been changed considerably from the previous version of the Cultural Protocol. Vanukeaans has been decreased from 41% to 11% and Wrnukaék has been changed from 30% to 65%. These changes are significantly more than the maximum 15% change which is specified in the text of the rules.

Since (at least to my observation) this is a significant precedent, could Moderation provide some information about the factors behind why this change was accepted?

One of the reasons I'm asking this is because when we were working on our Cultural Protocol update request for Mordusia, some of my fellow players would ideally have really liked to have made much more radical changes than the ones that were finally proposed in the bill (we restrained ourselves, understanding a change that was too big might not get accepted). So if there are possibilities in terms of making changes in excess of 15%, then it would be helpful to learn more about that.

Also, Mordusia's CP update request has now passed the 48hrs mark (although if you need more time to consider it, that's fine, of course).
Bachelot

Postby Kubrick » Mon May 07, 2018 1:05 am

- It hadn't been updated in literal RL years
- There was extensive RP for several RL months about purging Vanukeaans
- The entire Dutch part was to be scrapped in the moderation enforced protocols that got put on hold for now which is the only reason why this CP was made
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby cm9777 » Mon May 07, 2018 1:29 am

Kubrick wrote:- It hadn't been updated in literal RL years
- There was extensive RP for several RL months about purging Vanukeaans
- The entire Dutch part was to be scrapped in the moderation enforced protocols that got put on hold for now which is the only reason why this CP was made

^
cm9777

Postby cm9777 » Mon May 07, 2018 1:45 am

Nasania wrote:
cm9777 wrote:
Nasania wrote:Dankuk's update 4385 http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=565997
Thank you.

Apologies for the late update on this but the Math on the Religion section adds up to 112% or so. Unless I’m reading it wrong. Update: The Ethnic appears to add up to 99%. Please amend as well.

Numbers updated, they should be correct now. Thank you http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=567421

Approved
cm9777

Postby cm9777 » Mon May 07, 2018 7:10 am

Bachelot wrote:

Also, CP update request for Mordusia: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=566726

Approved
cm9777

Postby Wu Han » Tue May 15, 2018 3:34 am

(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

PreviousNext

Return to Requests