OOC Planning Thread: Hawu-Saridan War

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

OOC Planning Thread: Hawu-Saridan War

Postby CCP » Fri May 18, 2018 10:19 am

The In-Character thread is HERE

All nations, groups, and players are invited to take part in this war. Plot twists are welcome and encouraged, but please try to build on the outline listed below.

FIRST, I don't like planned RPs. I prefer to roll with the punches and respond to events as they occur. But in a war with lots of players involved, that's harder to do. So as a compromise, there is a Lagging Outline which will list plot points and developments that have occurred so far. While twists and turns are encouraged, please just make sure they are based on the Outline in some way. The One Rule is: No Godmodding. That means your characters are YOUR characters and my characters are MY characters. Only YOU control YOUR characters and only I control MY characters. If you want to kill my characters or breach my lines, WAIT FOR ME TO REPLY to tell you whether you have done so successfully OR negotiate it with me beforehand. Ideally this war should last a while and hopefully turn into a major international conflict. So try not to reach the finish line too soon.

SECOND, if you are RPing on behalf of a player nation (not a former colony), you MUST get a RP Consent Bill passed through your country's legislature. The bill must pass by absolute 2/3ds majority (that means 2/3ds of all seats in the legislature). According to the Game Rules, your Consent Bill doesn't have to include anything in particular HOWEVER for this war I'm asking all players to please pass THIS Consent Bill listed below because it explains how the winners and losers will be decided. (If you're not a fan of this Consent Bill, just say so below and we'll possibly negotiate a new one.):

Code: Select all
Section 6 of the Game Rules (LINK: http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7856) requires that large scale RPs obtain the consent of all players involved. Because our country is likely to be impacted by the war, we must vote to decide if we want our country to formally participate. If we decide to participate, the following rules will apply:

1. All participating countries and belligerents will be expected to participate for the duration of the war or until the legislature approves a peace treaty.

2. If our country does not participate in Role Playing the war for 3 real-life days, other players will be allowed to proceed with the Role Play and may Role Play an unfavorable outcome for our country in any hostilities our country had participated in up to that point. Any unfavorable outcomes will be discussed and decided by consensus in the OOC Planning Thread (LINK: http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7944). However, if a consensus cannot be reached within one real-life week, the Global Role Play Committee (LINK: http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7854) will be asked to decide.

3. The war will continue until it is decided through discussion and consensus in the OOC Planning Thread that the war has run its course.

4. When consensus is reached that the war has run its course, the various participants must formally declare the end of hostilities by negotiating peace treaties with all relevant parties and passing the peace treaties by 2/3ds absolute majority in their legislatures. The terms of the peace treaties will be up to the negotiators to decide, however the terms may include losses and exchanges of territory, citizens, money and reparations, strategic weaponry, or any other thing of value chosen by the negotiators; the terms may also include requirements or prerequisites to pass certain laws in either or both countries if the negotiators so choose.

5. If any two participants in the war cannot decide through consensus in the OOC Planning Thread who is the winner and who is the loser, then within one real-life week after the war is deemed to have run its course, the Global Role Play Committee will be asked to read the war Role Plays and determine the winners and losers.

Once you pass the Consent Bill, please post a link in this thread so I can add it to the list below.

===============================

Below is the list of participants, the side they're fighting for (pro-Saridan, Pro-Hawu, or Neutral/Independent), the main person RPing on their behalf, and the RP Consent Bill passed in their country

Hawu Mumenhes, Pro-Hawu, CCP, Link
Beiteynu, Neutral/Independent, mr_ishmael, Link
Slave Gangs, anti-Saridan, hts, N/A
Saridan, Pro-Saridan, The Tea Party, NO LINK YET
Last edited by CCP on Thu May 24, 2018 10:15 am, edited 6 times in total.
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Lagging Outline

Postby CCP » Fri May 18, 2018 10:39 am

This is only a rough outline of things that have already occurred. You are allowed and encouraged to Role Play plot twists and surprises, but please make it realistically connected to the Lagging Outline and NO GODMODDING.

Lagging Outline so far

• Saridan declared the reinstitution of slavery
  • Various government condemned Saridan
  • The Istalian Navy deployed reconnaissance ships to the Saridan coast
  • Saridan opened concentration camps and interned Mordusians, Canrillaise, Ahmadis, Communists, gays, and anyone who wasn't a Duntrekker or Kyo ethnic
  • The World Congress Security Council began sanctions proceedings against Saridan
  • Istalian President Massa offered to buy some of Saridan's slaves for 300 Billion Istalian Lira
  • Hawu Mumenhes President Morrison vowed to block the Massa Plan by force if necessary
  • Northern Council deployed reconnaissance planes to the Sea of Lost Souls to monitor developments
  • Various governments offered to take in the former slaves and internees as refugees if Istalia successfully bought them
  • Saridan President Spencer threatened to nuke the capitol of Mordusia
  • Hawu Mumenhes Defence Minister Battersby asked the Mordusian government to allow the Hawu Mumenhes military to set up bases in Mordusia to invade Saridan; negotiations collapsed in controversy
  • Istalian legislators refused to approve the Massa Plan
  • President Massa privately told President Morrison that the Istalian Navy would move ahead with his plan if Hawu Mumenhes agreed to pay for it
  • President Morrison continued to insist that the whole plan should be shelved; negotiations collapsed
  • The Hawu Mumenhes Navy bombed an Istalian reconnaissance ship and halted the payments to Saridan
  • 300,000 Ikpi and Ifgoerroon captives were successfully rescued and taken to safety by the Istalian Navy before the Hawu Mumenhes Navy arrived
  • Northern Council withdraws its reconnaissance planes
  • Some slaves form Gangs within Saridan's slave camps vowing to burn the slave camps if Saridan's government doesn't open the gates
  • Saridan media announces 50 million 'undesirables' have been 'eliminated;' President Spencer orders murder of 2 million more
  • Saridan President Spencer vows to implement 'Final Solution' of ethnic cleansing across whole of Terra
Last edited by CCP on Thu May 24, 2018 11:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
CCP

Re: OOC Planning Thread: Hawu-Saridan War

Postby mr_ishmael » Mon May 21, 2018 12:40 pm

Hello, Beiteynu here. Interested in getting involved in this (my first RP on the Particracy forums). Will be proposing an RP bill soon and hopefully getting it passed.
mr_ishmael

Postby CCP » Mon May 21, 2018 10:50 pm

Great mr_ishmael. Welcome to the fight. Just let us know what side Beiteynu plans to play (pro-Saridan, pro-Hawu, or independent/neutral) and I'll add you to the list. PM me on the forums or at the green party in my signature if you need anything.
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
CCP

Postby mr_ishmael » Tue May 22, 2018 3:43 pm

We are likely to go in as a neutral force, leaning pro-Hawu.
mr_ishmael

Postby CCP » Tue May 22, 2018 4:06 pm

mr_ishmael wrote:We are likely to go in as a neutral force, leaning pro-Hawu.

Added
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
CCP

Postby TheUnicorn. » Tue May 22, 2018 8:59 pm

could we like fund slave gangs to overrun the camps or something like that lol
Borgersammenføring - Citizens' Rally
TheUnicorn.

Postby CCP » Tue May 22, 2018 9:55 pm

TheUnicorn. wrote:could we like fund slave gangs to overrun the camps or something like that lol

I think so yeah. Ask hts (LINK to his forum account; LINK to his party in-game).
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
CCP

Postby The Tea Party » Wed May 23, 2018 5:53 am

I’ll obviously be playing as the Saridani Government
The Tea Party

Postby mr_ishmael » Wed May 23, 2018 10:11 pm

What kind of time is this meant to be taking place? I read late 4380s somewhere but I'm just checking.
mr_ishmael

Next

Return to General