Romula's Majatran Alliance Summit

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Romula's Majatran Alliance Summit

Postby Axxell » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:01 am

Simone Calenda, President of the Republic:

It's with the utmost pleasure that as head of State of Istalia I officially open the Romula's Majatran Alliance Summit. I personally thanks and welcome the representatives of all the Majatran Alliance's member nations and other observers and guests for parteciping to this event.

On the table we have many matters and issues like the future of the Alliance in this new century; the crisis in Jelbania and thus the tensions between Deltaria and Vanuku, a topic for which representatives also of the Northern Council came to partecipate to the Summit; the proposed project of a Trans-Majatran Railway; the program of investments funding from the most developed members of the Alliance for the benefit of all the continent.

I personally hope that this summit will be fruitfull to solve that issues and to establish the path for this organization.

Thank you

OOC: Majatran Governments and Northern Council representatives are admitted to partecipate under thia topic.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Re: Romula's Majatran Alliance Summit

Postby Sisyphus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:33 am

Rnúf Ashur, Vanukean Foreign Affairs Minister:

President Calenda,

On behalf of the Kingdom of Vanuku, may I say we are very pleased to be in attendance at this key summit of the Majatran Alliance in the magnificent city of Romula. We thank our Istalian hosts for their hospitality.

We, of course, bring a number of key issues to the table the first of which is the need for peace and stability in Jelbania. I would like to think by the end of this summit we can have a unified Alliance policy on how to deal with the current situation.

We also wish to discuss the progress of the common foreign and security policy and each nation's commitment to this, as well as developments in regards to a common monetary system/policy and the Majatran Currency Unit.
Sisyphus

Postby cm9777 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:18 pm

Alexej Kocur, The Deltarian Minister of Foreign Affairs and leader of the Deltarian Delegation

President Calenda,

On behalf of the Grand Principality of Deltaria we are honoured to be here at this summit and we thank the city of Romula as well as the Government of Istalia for hosting us. It is time for us to come together and ensure stability in Jelbania as the potential for armed conflict is unfortunately quite high. Deltaria has always been committed to peace in the region and indeed I led a delegation to a Zardugal where I convinced them to cease air strikes into Jelbanian territory. The resolution of this crisis is our top priority for the end of the crisis will remove a significant barrier to plans for a trans-Majatran railway. Such projects along with other proposed ideas for Majatran cooperation will allow us to reach heights never seen before.

It is our upmost intention to ensure peace in Majatra and a deal that works for all. We hope this summit will help establish such an agreement so we can ultimately move on from this crisis. We do caution however that while Deltaria is committed to such an outcome, it can only be achieved if other parties commit to it as well.
cm9777

Postby The Basileus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:12 pm

Rivkah Michaeli, President of the Yeudish Republic of Beiteynu:

I would like to thank President Simone Calenda and the Istalian government for hosting this most important summit in their beautiful city Romula. My country does not come to this summit with an agenda or crisis to discuss. Rather, we are here to listen, support our allies, and give our two cents on important projects like the Trans-Majatran Railway. This alliance is so important to Beiteynu, that I decided to come myself, as my first foreign policy visit as President. I sincerely hope that this summit is one of progress, for all nations of the Matrajan Alliance.
The Basileus

Postby Aethan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:21 pm

Atria Avenarius
Consul of Selucia

Despite the withdrawal from the Alliance, Selucia is and will always be committed with Majatra. We thank President Calenda for his invitation and we come here hoping to find solutions to the problems our continent is currently facing. Selucia would like to hear about the Tran-Majatran railway as well as the possible solutions to the Majatran conflicts that are already costing many innocent lives.
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby November » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:12 pm

Pamounmes Sidom, Coburan Minister of Foreign Affairs:

First of all, the Coburan delegation wants to thank the Istalian delegation for arranging this summit. We look forward to Majatran-wide cooperation and safety. Safety we can only guarantee if we stand strong against threats against the international peace and morality of the Majatran Alliance. Having said that, I would like to adress the following topic:

The Confederacy of Zardugal has launched several air attacks against civilians in the Jelbanian region of Yamtékstan. This, clarified as an action to protect national borders, needs to be answered for since the number of civilian casualties is so high. The Coburan delegation would like to invite the Zardic representatives to clarify the reasons for this ... military action against innocent civilians. I mean, if military intervention was really needed, why use air strikes in civil area's?

At last, we would like the Zardic representatives to elucidate the statements made by their President:
''There is only one way to take back what we have lost, through internal cleansing. Farkas Jakab had the right idea, we must reevaluate our stance on the various peoples of West Majatra. We cannot make progress with our neighbors if we are weak internally. We must eradicate the diseases if we are to stand strong against the nefarious actions of the Vanuku government. We must eradicate the diseases if we are to stand strong against the political posturing of Cobura.''
'
Thank you.
November

Postby Maxington » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:19 pm

Kurt Eskildsen, Secretary-General of the Northern Council

We thank the Istalian government for allowing us the attend this conference as we believe that the situation developing in Jelbania at the behest of the warring factions in Jelbania and their regional sponsors is not simply a Majatran issue.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby EDominus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:42 pm

Mikelo Kalivazo, Zardic Head Foreign Representative

Greetings everyone. I am Mikelo Kalivazo, current Head Representative of Zardugal. On behalf of my nation, I thank President Calenda and the rest of the Istalia for allowing us to come to Romula to discuss the current situation in Jelbania.

First, I believe I must answer Minister Sidom's statements. The airstrikes in Jelbania were to deter any terrorist activities along our border. Ever since the central government collapsed, our nation has fought through blood & tears to prevent the spread of chaos within our borders. Civilian casualties are only collateral damage. There is no way we could 100% prevent civilians from getting killed during crossfire. That is why we have begun deescalation in the region: less airstrikes, less death.

On Minister Sidom's second question, about the statements made by President Cezario. My answer is this: freedom of thought. Ideas of the past must be reexamined and reevaluated. I believe old ideas may hold some final solution to the problems facing Jelbania. And as Head Representative, I will not condemn Cezario's comments.

Now that we have gotten that out of the way, I would just like to say that, we in Zardugal are committed to seeing peace in Majatra. Nations, not guided by corrupt interests but by rational understanding of the natural order. If any one has any other questions, I am willing to answer them at this time. Thank you.
EDominus

Postby Polites » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:21 am

Statius Domitillus, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Selucia

Honored delegates,

I must inform you that I have been ordered by the new Consul of Selucia to cease all participation of our Republic at this summit. Selucia refuses to be drawn into the military and economic struggles of the Great Powers and their allies, and will no longer be involved in the internal affairs of Majatran nations, least of all in deadly civil wars. It is well known that civil wars become more likely when the various factions can count on foreign support, and the conflict in Jelbania is no different. Until Vanuku, Deltaria, Zardugal and their allies are willing to fully and completely end their support for any of the factions in Jelbania there will be no end to the conflict. The Selucian government also questions the motives behind this very summit. The Majatran Alliance does not want peace in Jelbania because it is in the best interests of the Jelbanians. The Alliance wants peace because civil war is bad for business, because the current conflict impacts their plan of constructing a highway through Jelbania, without considering the impact this highway will have on the environment and the lives and traditions of the nomadic Jelbeks, or how closer economic integration will affect popular sovereignty and the ability of Jelbanians to govern their own affairs. Selucia rejects this false and amoral logic and will not participate in any planned infrastructure project, and we will certainly not be involved in a peace summit that merely seeks to pave the way for the greed of Istalian monopoly capitalism. Selucia left the Majatran Alliance for a reason, and this summit proves we were correct in our decision. To the honored delegates at this summit, I bid you farewell, and may we never meet again.
Polites

Postby cm9777 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:38 am

Alexej Kocur, The Deltarian Minister of Foreign Affairs and leader of the Deltarian Delegation shouting as the Selucian delegate leaves the room.

Yeah screw off you Selucian bastards. Why the hell were you even invited when you ditched us all? Go back to that stupid little island you call home! , Ahem, excuse my language but it had to be said.
cm9777

Next

Return to Diplomacy