al-Badaria Complaint

Threads from before the Dec 15, 2023 migration.

al-Badaria Complaint

Postby RavenKing » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Hi all,

I play as a Communist party in al-Badara. A party in it is opposed to me and Communism. I could be completely wrong, but I am not sure if this is allowed. They are making an OOC bill to remove Communist parties from the government. Now, as far as I understand, OOC bills have something to do with the actual WRITTEN rules. So, can they use an OOC bill to get rid of a party for an IC reason?

Thanks!
RavenKing

Re: al-Badaria Complaint

Postby Occam » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:15 pm

The bills in question are here:
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=574069
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=574075

Banning parties is possible. But with an RP(Role-Play)-Bill, not an OOC-(Out Of Character)-Bill. The relevant rule is rule 6eiii [my emphasis]:
iii.An RP law must not contradict game mechanics or the game rules, or force users to act a certain way OOC. Additionally they cannot ban types of parties (without considerable RP justification) or users. RP Laws must also not force users to vote in a particular way.

Whether there is sufficient RP justification or not is a question for Moderation. But unless there is more than in those two bills, I very much doubt it.
Permanently gone.
Occam

Postby RavenKing » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:41 pm

Hi,

Thanks! There's not much else beside a conversation I had with him where he used the same arguments and I put forth my own.
RavenKing

Postby RavenKing » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:48 pm

Hello Mods,

Can I please have the two bills linked in the above bills deactivated! Thanks!
RavenKing

Postby Polites » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:44 am

Hey, sorry for replying late on this. Those two bills were deleted a while ago and the player in question was messaged.
Polites

Return to Archive