Whale Island Peace Conference Two

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Whale Island Peace Conference Two

Postby Maxington » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:36 pm

This conference is occurring in: Whale Island

This conference concerns: Peace between the Northern Council and the Dovani Union

This conferences goals are: to achieve peace between the Northern Council and the Dovani Union and pave a future built on cooperation and trust.
Last edited by Maxington on Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Re: Dalibor Peace Conference

Postby cb15 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:41 pm

Message from Prime Minister of Ntoto Joshua Conway:

As the Prime Minister of one the largest nations in the Dovani Union, I have spent countless nights weeping upon hearing how many boys died in a war that we were forced to participate in. Ntoto was forced to join the DU thanks to the aggression of Xsampsa and Medina. Thus, as a hostage nation, Ntoto should face minimal punishment for a war that they did not seek to participate in. We will accept paying war reparations to the countries of Lourenne and Talmoria, but other than, we deserve no punishment for a war that we were not responsible for, did not want to join, and wouldn’t have joined if not for the fact that we were legally bound by a treaty that was forced down our throats. Thank you.
cb15

Re: Dalibor Peace Conference

Postby Wu Han » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:42 pm

Letter from Mr. Chen Tai, Mayor of Dalibor City (Gangzhou):
Daliborans aren't interested. Don't bring your problems to our city, or we'll give you problems.
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Re: Whale Island Peace Conference Two

Postby lewiselder1 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:08 am

Emperor Aaban I of Medina

Firstly, we would like to thank the Northern Council for agreeing to finally bring this war to an end. Hopefully we can all move forward in peace. I thank my allies in Tropica, Cifutingan, Istapali, and in distant Vascania, unable to attend today, for agreeing to move forward here today.

Allow me first to address the comments of the Prime Minister from Ntoto; we have no desire to force anyone to join the Dovani Union, something you did of your own accord and democratic processes. We would appreciate you not spreading mistruths. Nor is there any ‘punishment’ to be given out here; this is a joint agreement between two great powers, and one that will be built on trust and mutual gain, compromise and diplomacy. The Dovani Union will not be accepting any attempts to punish anybody — all we want is stability and unity in our great continent.

OOC: Isn’t Ntoto liberated now? You wouldn’t be part of the DU anymore right..?
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby Luis1p » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:31 am

Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lourenne,

Madame Thérèse Capét :

Salutations to all attending,

We'd like to begin our opening statements to thanking everyone who is attending. I believe one thing is clear, this war must peacefully and effectively. We have seen the lives of many people end as a result of our conflict. The Lourennais delegation, on behalf of her majesty the Queen of Lourenne, are prepared to come to a peaceful consensus between The Dovani Union and the Northern Council which includes a future of development and trust between both parties.
Luis1p

Postby Maxington » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:28 am

General Kristian Lauridsen, Supreme Commander Northern Dovani.

The terms for peace on the part of the Northern Council Treaty Organisation are as follows.

1. The Dovani Union and all military, naval and air assets and all forces and entities underneath the control of the Dovani Union and its subordinates (might it be directly or indirectly) shall cease hostilities in all theatres of conflict against forces of and associated with the Northern Council Treaty Organisation.

2. The evacuation of the individual mentioned prior from the frontiers of conflict, wherever they may be, shall begin immediately upon agreeing to the conditions.

3. All aircraft, vehicles and vessels belonging to or associated with the Dovani Union and its subordinates shall remain be returned to the nation and placed into storage facilities designated by the Northern Council Treaty Organisation.

4. The Dovani Union and its subordinate will, under supervision from the Northern Council Treaty Organisation, release all prisoners of war held within their possession belonging to forces of the Northern Council Treaty Organisation and any other entity, and will produce a list of the locations of these individuals. Pending release, the respective governments associated in the holding/capture of prisoners and war and their respective people will ensure that said individuals and their property are protected, fed, clothed and tended to and vice-versa.

5. Complete and detailed information as it pertains to mines, minefields and obstacles to movement by land, sea and air shall be handed over to the Northern Council Treaty Organisation.

6. There shall be no destruction, concealment or scuttling of any military, air and naval assets possessed by the Dovani Union and its subordinates without due direction from the Northern Council Treaty Organisation.

7. The principal leaders of the Dovani Union and all persons named by the Northern Council Treaty Organisation as being suspected of having committed, ordered or abetted war crimes shall be apprehended and surrendered to the Northern Council Treaty Organisation.

8. All territory, land and space controlled by the Dovani Union and its subordinates beyond their respective national borders shall be surrendered and Dovani Union forces operating within said regions are to be withdrawn to the national borders of respective the nations from which they hail from.

9. All intelligence including maps, documents, records and observations as it pertains to military infrastructure utilised by or associated with the Dovani Union shall be handed over to the Northern Council Treaty Organisation.

10. Reparations (to be negotiated by the respective bodies) are to be payed to the nations whom request such.
Maxington

Postby Auditorii » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:48 pm

"I am here to represent the Dorvish government. I come with the authority of the Dorvish President, the authority of the Minister of Foreign Affairs Dietmar von Lÿndow-Sennhein but most importantly the authority of the Dorvish people. While Dorvik has not played a combative role in this war, I firmly believe that we can accomplish a wide-scale of re-building and understanding between the two power blocs."

Achim Zurin,
State Secretary of Foreign Affairs
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby lewiselder1 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:11 pm

Emperor Aaban I of Medina, Speaking on Behalf of the Dovani Union

After long discussions with my allies on the Union, I can confirm that we are willing to accept the vast majority of these conditions without alteration.

We have merely a handful of complaints. First, any reference to the NC deciding the placements of equipment, overseeing operations, so on and so forth, as in Article 3, should be removed and replaced with a reference to a joint decision... The Northern Council alone will not dictate where we place our arms; it must be a mutual decision, or one overseen merely by the Dovani Union. Would you expect us to determine where you place your equipment? Certainly not. If it is great importance to you we have no qualms with making a joint decision, still.

Second, we object to the Article concerning reparations. The Dovani Union will not pay reparations for the events of the long past. What we are willing to provide is a voluntary development contribution to be negotiated with New Alduria and New Alduria alone — we would expect these funds only to be invested in areas relating to the redevelopment of areas severely damaged by the war and would insist on overseeing this.

We are happy to provide any information regarding minefields and potential dangers to civilian life or military movement in nations outside of the Dovani Union’s jurisdiction, but not within, say, Medina or Istapali. Your troops will not be manoeuvring through here, so we expect there will be no arguments here. I’m sure you understand our need to maintain some military secrets for defensive purposes.

Similarly you can see why we must completely reject Article 9. There is simply no way we can trust you enough at this point not to use this information maliciously... it would be nothing short of a tactical disaster to agree to this and would threaten peace forever in our lands.

Finally, regarding Article 7; we are confident that you will understand that no leading governmental figures such as myself can be considered as having committed any war crimes nor be removed from power on these grounds. In addition, we believe that no war crimes have been committed by the current members of this Union, except in New Alduria, where an isolated few cases where less than a dozen individual troops and a handful of low level commanders stepped outside of official orders and exercised the execution of a small number of civilians. With regards to the former group, we shall ourselves be initiating disciplinary actions and criminal charges against the individual troops concerned; we are happy to also do the same for the few commanders who attempted to implement these types of things, or to hand them over to be trialled elsewhere if you wish. Nobody who has followed official orders however will be taken, or whom we believe there is too little evidence to justify an arrest. We believe the specifics can be worked out between us.

Otherwise, we are generally happy with your terms; obviously, some of them will have to be reciprocal. We shall outline this on the document that is now being handed to you all by my colleagues.

Dovani Union Demands

Articles 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 (upon review; if applicable) should have reciprocal equivalents with specifics to be agreed at a later date.

We believe that a development contribution should be paid to Temania to pay for the significant damage done by the invasion from the Northern Council, with specifics to be decided separately. You are free to observe that these funds go exclusively to civilian redevelopment.

Any ‘liberated’ nations, namely Temania, Ntoto and Statrica, are to hold a legally binding referendum within 12 months of this agreements final ratifications with the following question; should the nation rejoin the Dovani Union? A joint local, Dovani Union and Northern Council group should oversee operations directly to ensure the democratic process is carried out. No single group is to undertake any actions with regards to this without the other groups having a representative present.

If the aforementioned nations vote ‘Yes’, then those nations must initiate proceedings to rejoin the Dovani Union within 2 months of the referendum result. If they vote ‘No,’ then the Dovani Union will respect their decision but will remain open to them rejoining at a later date.

Additionally an independent government must be established in the aforementioned nations and both DU and NC forces withdraw or form a joint peacekeeping force as soon as is feasibly possible. This government is to be free from any Northern Council or Dovani Union influence and to be completely independent.

Northern Council Naval Forces should be withdrawn from the seas close to any DU borders, specifically to the South Indrala Sea and beyond. Ostland is the exception; their location means we are happy to have them remain in local territories providing this is not abused in any way.

The Dovani Union and Northern Council must accept joint responsibility for the War and agree to move forwards with peace and stability in mind. Neither must hinder each other’s attempts to grow and evolve, nor attempt to affect regime change in any way of their constituent nations. There is to be no attempt to stop decisions from other nations to join the DU or NC being carried forth fairly in accordance to the local constitutions. There are to be no offensive military activities authorised taking place within the Dovani Union or Northern Council’s lands by either side. Trading standards are to be agreed at a later date; diplomatic institutions, namely embassies, are to be established in both groups. Guarded checkpoints are to be established at the borders between the DU and NC nations with citizens not deemed a security risk allowed to pass peacefully through the borders through the relevant legal instititions. In general, both groups must attempt not to attack, derail, or influence each other and move forward in friendship and not opposition.

In accordance with this anti-antagonistic philosophy no attempt to influence the war in Vascania against the Confederal forces is to be made by the Northern Council due to Medina and the Union’s ongoing relationship with this group.
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby Maxington » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:59 pm

General Kristian Lauridsen, Supreme Commander Northern Dovani.

Regardless of the joint decisions to be made, on the sentiment of weapons storage the main concern is that these weapons are stored, their locations known by both parties and their movement monitored by both parties. If this something that we can agree upon, the necessary changes will be made.

To remedy the situation on "reparations", the Dovani Union may call it "development contributions" however to the international and the Northern Council Treaty Organisation such "development contributions" will be labelled as reparations by convention. The respective government requesting such assets will communicate said information to both the Northern Council Treaty Organisation and the Dovani Union whereby the necessary moves will be taken.

On the point on intelligence and information, what we request are the maps for the various tunnel systems, hidden facilities and other structures outside of DU territory. There is no arguing on this point.

The Northern Council Treaty Organisation is mainly concerned with the atrocities committed in New Alduria and any others discovered along our investigation into crimes against humanity perpetrated in the conflict. Thus, the Northern Council Treaty Organisation requests that said individuals are to be handed over to us. Regardless of whether an individual was following orders or not, what remains is that crimes against humanity were perpetrated by individuals within the ranks of the DU. Thus the sentiment of not handing over persons who had been following official orders becomes invalid and endangers the stance of the DU on this issue as it will be viewed as a direct attempt to either shield such individuals from trial or it can and will be viewed as the direct doing of the DU seeing that said commanders were "simply following orders." If said order was to exterminate an entire village, the commander and the individual giving the order to said commander must be handed over.

The Liberated territories will decide their geopolitical path without interference from either side. To this end, democratic procedures must be championed in the liberated territories. Meaning; democratic elections must be held in said nations (to this end, whichever party had been in the position of power during the conflict, will not be allowed to participate in said democratic elections for the sake of maintaining a sentiment of non-regurgitated sentiments and mentalities.

As it pertains to the situation developing in Vascania, the Northern Council Treaty Organisation will pave its own policy on this situation and will make the necessary moves to ensure that peace and stability is maintained. It is almost hypocritical for the Dovani Union to champion the sentiment of non-violence and the "anti-antagonistic philosophy" when it is directly influencing a conflict of bloody proportions. This matter will be taken up with the World Congress Security Council where the necessary actions will be taken.
Maxington

Return to Diplomacy