Requests: Cultural Protocols - CPs [M]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Cultural Protocol Approvals

Postby lewiselder1 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:39 pm

Polites wrote:We got ourselves an update for Selucia: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=581617

To be reviewed by another Mod to avoid conflict of interest

Looks good to me (I’d hope so haha!)

48 hours to challenge begins now then I suppose, you can probably just approve it yourself after two days! :)
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Re: Cultural Protocol Violation Reports

Postby Aquinas » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:23 pm

Without meaning to come across like I'm picking on Edmund or anything like that...could I ask for an update/clarification regarding the current situation in Endralon?

Endralon currently has a Cultural Protocol giving it a Hungarian majority along with a significant Slovenian minority.

At Edmund's request, Moderation has now cleared out Endralon's Cultural Protocol reference bill. Was this done in error?

Edmund has also set up a Cultural Protocol reference bill of his own, declaring Endralon to be "Erlingland", a nation "based on Northern England, specifically Northumberland, County Durham, Cumbria and Yorkshire". This does not reflect Endralon's official Cultural Protocol, which is referenced at the Cultural Protocols Index.

Edmund is also passing a bill proposing to change Endralon's nation title from "Endraloni Szövetségi Köztársaság (Federal Republic of Endralon)" to "Commonwealth of Erlingland". Obviously, this proposal does not conform to the Cultural Protocol and the Nation Renaming Guide.

Additionally, his Cabinet Minister names are English, which again does not reflect the nation's Cultural Protocol.

I am aware there is a procedure through which players can petition to have a Cultural Protocol removed. Would Moderation agree with me that if Edmund wants to give Endralon a new Cultural Protocol with a brand new culture, then he is fully entitled to go down this route but that - at least for the time being - he ought to be respectful of the Cultural Protocol that is actually currently in place?
Aquinas

Postby Edmund » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:25 pm

I'd like to start by saying that what I'm doing is, from my point of view, no different to the Ikradon -> Ibutho process. Endralon has been neglected for years. The news thread was last posted in over a year ago, and only Kundrati's thread is shorter.

Aquinas wrote:Edmund has also set up a Cultural Protocol reference bill of his own, declaring Endralon to be "Erlingland", a nation "based on Northern England, specifically Northumberland, County Durham, Cumbria and Yorkshire". This does not reflect Endralon's official Cultural Protocol, which is referenced at the Cultural Protocols Index.

I've added clarification that it's a WIP and not official yet.

Aquinas wrote:Additionally, his Cabinet Minister names are English, which again does not reflect the nation's Cultural Protocol.

I was trying to use alt+255 but accidentally left two blank. I'm passing a cabinet proposal to change that at the moment.
Edmund

Postby Aquinas » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:39 pm

Edmund wrote:I'd like to start by saying that what I'm doing is, from my point of view, no different to the Ikradon -> Ibutho process. Endralon has been neglected for years. The news thread was last posted in over a year ago, and only Kundrati's thread is shorter.

The significant difference here is that Ikradon was Culturally Open, whereas Endralon has a Cultural Protocol.

Edmund wrote:
Aquinas wrote:Edmund has also set up a Cultural Protocol reference bill of his own, declaring Endralon to be "Erlingland", a nation "based on Northern England, specifically Northumberland, County Durham, Cumbria and Yorkshire". This does not reflect Endralon's official Cultural Protocol, which is referenced at the Cultural Protocols Index.

I've added clarification that it's a WIP and not official yet.

This is a move in the right direction!

Edmund wrote:
Aquinas wrote:Additionally, his Cabinet Minister names are English, which again does not reflect the nation's Cultural Protocol.

I was trying to use alt+255 but accidentally left two blank. I'm passing a cabinet proposal to change that at the moment.

You're blanking out the Cabinet Minister names? That's a little unusual...
Aquinas

Postby Edmund » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:55 pm

Aquinas wrote:The significant difference here is that Ikradon was Culturally Open, whereas Endralon has a Cultural Protocol.

I'm voting to request Culturally Open status at the moment.

Aquinas wrote:You're blanking out the Cabinet Minister names? That's a little unusual...

Leaving them entirely blank and passing a cabinet proposal would result in (English) names being randomly generated.
Edmund

Postby lewiselder1 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:32 am

Oooof.

The Cultural Protocol Reference Bill was deleted in error; Edmund should now copy and paste the contents of that bill into a new bill to be left under debate and deleted upon the passing of a new cultural protocol. I understand that you’re in the process of replacing it, but it’s not official yet. What I would say is that this is risky territory here and takes advantage of something of a loophole — but it is not, right now, against the rules.

Otherwise, you may continue as planned for the moment, though be aware the rules will more than likely be changed on this matter within a few weeks.
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Re: Cultural Protocol Approvals

Postby lewiselder1 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:10 pm

lewiselder1 wrote:
Polites wrote:We got ourselves an update for Selucia: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=581617

To be reviewed by another Mod to avoid conflict of interest

Looks good to me (I’d hope so haha!)

48 hours to challenge begins now then I suppose, you can probably just approve it yourself after two days! :)

Approved!

lewiselder1

Re: Requests for Culturally Open Status

Postby Edmund » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:22 pm

Edmund

Postby lewiselder1 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:24 pm

Oh, look at you resurrecting this ancient thread.

Approved.

lewiselder1

Postby Autokrator15 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:36 am

lewiselder1 wrote:Oh, look at you resurrecting this ancient thread.

Approved.

I object! Once more, with all respect, the moderation does NOT look at the concequences of these actions. Endralon's culture is linked to the culture of New Endralon. Both are Hungarian. If change needs to come to the culture then both nations must do it together. We cant allow one nation to destroy the RP and culture of another.
Autokrator15

PreviousNext

Return to Requests