26th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly

Postby Yolo04 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:31 pm

Auditorii wrote:
”While we welcome discourse on the topic, the topic has been discussed and has been resolved. Whale Island will remain firmly in the hands of the World Congress according to diplomatic agreements and other agreements with the outgoing CSCO, which controlled Whale Island prior.”

This kind of attitude is what is preventing compromise. The Temanians wish to establish control of whale island and the compromise we proposed granted them that. It also granted the GA continued usage of the island free of intervention. Our proposed compromise prevents unnecessary conflict and bloodshed.

We urge both the World Congress Secretary and the Temainan Leadership to agree to our compromise

Alcesimus Livigenus, Representative of the Republic of Keymon
List of Parties:
Image Keymon, Four Pillars Party (MQP): ACTIVE

Dankuk, Hwanghu Dang Party (4613): INACTIVE
Yolo04

Location: West Virginia, USA (haha country roads jokes are so funny)

Postby Auditorii » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:39 pm

”Only Keymon is threatening Temanian violence, as previously stated an agreement has come together. We appreciate everyone’s concern but it’s unneeded. This is the last that the OSG will speak to the General Assembly regarding this issue as we believe there are more pressing issues.”

Office of the Secretary-General of the World Congress
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby maxirx » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:55 pm

Samira Avdeeva, President of New Endralon / Kizenia / Kuzaki

In our country we are horrified. We believed that what happened in Utari Mosir was an exaggeration. Today, more and more reliable media are not confirming the truth. Even from our government, we have asked the "KBS monitoring" (OCC Like the BBC monitoring) to make a revision on the news. The first reports have confirmed the news to the public opinion.

It's sad. More than sad. It is an insult to the citizens of the world that there are regimes like this today. And it is an insult that the security council can not reach an agreement. No. The organization does not even try.

From here we will announce several measures. The first is an arms embargo against Utari Mosir, which we will propose in our parliament. The second is that any citizen or refugee from our confederation who has close relatives in the concentration camps, may request asylum for these people. Third, we will give refugee status to any member of a minority of Utari Mosir who requests it in any embassy, ​​consulate or sovereign territory of our nation. This last point could be applied by the political refugees of Kazulia.

Finally, we hold the government of Utari Mosir responsible for the safety of our asylees in their country. We also request that the government cooperate so that the asylum can be carried out. We warn that any act of aggression will be answered with equal violence. We will not tolerate these genocidal regimes in Terra
maxirx

Postby jamescfm » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:55 pm

Panai Toshi, Cifutingani Ambassador to the World Congress
We are proposing that Cifutingan takes control of the island of Keymon while allowing Keymonite people to use the island as a place to live. As the delegation from Keymon essentially said, "the Cifutinganis wish to establish control of Keymon and the compromise we proposed granted them that. It also granted the Keymonite people continued usage of the island free of intervention. Our proposed compromise prevents unnecessary conflict and bloodshed". Given that this is apparently how Keymon believes international affairs should be conducted, we hope that the Keymonite government will immediately transfer control of the island of Keymon to Cifutingan.
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:26 pm

"Dorvik will do its duty to the World Congress and protect Whale Island from any invasion or attack. The World Congress is the leading organization for peace, prosperity and understanding in our world. While it might always get it right, it might not always be the most effective, it is clearly a means for the entire world to have a voice. Whale Island, also known as Peace Island, serves an integral part of the World Congress and international affairs, any attack on it would seem to be an attack on peaceful, diplomatic discourse and we will not stand idly by for it."

Waldemar Thierse,
General-Plenipotentiary to the World Congress
Dorvish Republic
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:32 pm

Sabrina Brochard, Permanent Representative of Lourenne to the World Congress:
Lourenne, like Dorvik, believes that the World Congress is a force for humanity and peace across Terra and will not allow it to be attacked by quasi-imperialist regimes seeking to play international politics as though it is a game. Any attempt to interfere with the sovereignty of the Whale Island would be an attack on the Lourennais delegation to the World Congress and, by extension, an attack against the nation of Lourenne.
jamescfm

Postby Yolo04 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:45 pm

Auditorii wrote:
”Only Keymon is threatening Temanian violence, as previously stated an agreement has come together. We appreciate everyone’s concern but it’s unneeded. This is the last that the OSG will speak to the General Assembly regarding this issue as we believe there are more pressing issues.”

Office of the Secretary-General of the World Congress

OOC: Oof, I didn’t know you already reached an agreement.

IC: If this agreement can prevent violence then we shall approve

jamescfm wrote:Panai Toshi, Cifutingani Ambassador to the World Congress
We are proposing that Cifutingan takes control of the island of Keymon while allowing Keymonite people to use the island as a place to live. As the delegation from Keymon essentially said, "the Cifutinganis wish to establish control of Keymon and the compromise we proposed granted them that. It also granted the Keymonite people continued usage of the island free of intervention. Our proposed compromise prevents unnecessary conflict and bloodshed". Given that this is apparently how Keymon believes international affairs should be conducted, we hope that the Keymonite government will immediately transfer control of the island of Keymon to Cifutingan.

Mr. Toshi,

There is no World Congress ethnicity. The World Congress uses whale island as a neutral meeting place, not an ethnic land. Your attempt to refute me failed in the first sentence you stated.

The World Congress is not a people. It is an organization. Our proposal was that the World Congress simply give over legislative and territorial control of the island to Temania and the World Congress itself could continue to operate on the island.

Sir I suggest that if you intend to refute my point, you use factually accurate statements

Sincerely,
List of Parties:

Yolo04

Postby jamescfm » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:23 am

Panai Toshi, Cifutingani Ambassador to the World Congress:
Firstly, it is polite to use the correct pronouns when referring to someone and if you do not know then it is polite to use neutral ones. I am, obviously, a woman- just in case it isn't clear for the Keymonite delegation. We will not be patronised by ethno-nationalist, neo-imperialists intent on eliminating an international organisation which is a force for peace and justice in Terra. International law does not allow for states to make claims to random pieces of territory on a whim, that was the purpose of my analogy. Like Dorvik and Lourenne, Cifutingan would view any attack on Whale Island as an attack against our nation.
jamescfm

Postby Yolo04 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:54 am

jamescfm wrote:Panai Toshi, Cifutingani Ambassador to the World Congress:
Firstly, it is polite to use the correct pronouns when referring to someone and if you do not know then it is polite to use neutral ones. I am, obviously, a woman- just in case it isn't clear for the Keymonite delegation. We will not be patronised by ethno-nationalist, neo-imperialists intent on eliminating an international organisation which is a force for peace and justice in Terra. International law does not allow for states to make claims to random pieces of territory on a whim, that was the purpose of my analogy. Like Dorvik and Lourenne, Cifutingan would view any attack on Whale Island as an attack against our nation.

Your gender wasn’t clear to me, Ms Toshi. I apologize if I offended you.

Madam, we didn’t state anything about eliminating the World Congress. I believe it to be a useful tool in international diplomacy. However, I suggested that to avoid any conflict and to give those living on Whale Island representation, a compromise would work best.

Your analogy was-pardon my Canrailles-shit.

List of Parties:

Yolo04

Postby jamescfm » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:15 am

Panai Toshi, Cifutingani Ambassador to the World Congress:
The short of it is this: any nation that thinks they can attack the sovereignty of the World Congress without response is mistaken. We urge the Keymonite delegation to take recess and reflect on their approach, it has been extremely undiplomatic.
jamescfm

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive