Requests: General [A]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Questions & Requests

Postby Auditorii » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:08 pm

jamescfm wrote:A lot going wrong in Jelbania. Could I ask how often Moderation checks to ensure Cultural Protocols are being enforced?

I have reported this and Moderation has been actively involved; as for the current party he has been messaged as far as i know.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Auditorii » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:09 pm

jamescfm wrote:Recent role-play in Deltaria by Mr.God appears to be a breach of the Game Rules. As far as I know, invasion of a foreign country requires the consent of the players in that nation and given that there are currently no players with seats in Jelbania, there is nobody to provide that consent. I don't have the links right now but I recall an incident where the player in Beiteynu at the time engaged in raids across the border with Pontesi (which was empty at the time) and Moderation deemed that against the Game Rules so precedent clearly exists. Needless to say this issue must be addressed either by the Global Role-Play Committee or at least by cm alone because Mr.God has an obvious conflict of interest.

I’ll handle this. Thanks for pointing this out James.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Rogue » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:28 pm

jamescfm wrote:Recent role-play in Deltaria by Mr.God appears to be a breach of the Game Rules. As far as I know, invasion of a foreign country requires the consent of the players in that nation and given that there are currently no players with seats in Jelbania, there is nobody to provide that consent. I don't have the links right now but I recall an incident where the player in Beiteynu at the time engaged in raids across the border with Pontesi (which was empty at the time) and Moderation deemed that against the Game Rules so precedent clearly exists. Needless to say this issue must be addressed either by the Global Role-Play Committee or at least by cm alone because Mr.God has an obvious conflict of interest.

There is no specific rule in the game rules that deals with RP concerning a empty nation. Consent of players is needed when players are there but no specifics on when a nation is empty. The situation with Pontesi was a previous moderation teams decision, a decision they made themselves since nothing about this particular issue is listed in the old or new game rules.

I did bring this up to the GRC about a week ago. And we are working on changing this. Until then this is not a rule breach. If there are players joining Jelbania (which i just notice is the case now) they will be contacted about the RP, if they do not want to participate the RP will cease immediately.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Aquinas » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:08 pm

Mr.God wrote:

There is no specific rule in the game rules that deals with RP concerning a empty nation. Consent of players is needed when players are there but no specifics on when a nation is empty. The situation with Pontesi was a previous moderation teams decision, a decision they made themselves since nothing about this particular issue is listed in the old or new game rules.

I did bring this up to the GRC about a week ago. And we are working on changing this. Until then this is not a rule breach. If there are players joining Jelbania (which i just notice is the case now) they will be contacted about the RP, if they do not want to participate the RP will cease immediately.

The Game Rules previously stated "An inactive nation, meaning a nation with no players with seats, clearly cannot give consent to role-play, which means players outside the nation should not attempt to role-play with it in any major or controversial way" (23.1).

I think most experienced players will agree this is a reasonable and commonsense assumption. What Mr. God is doing with Jelbania at the moment is essentially god-modding.
Aquinas

Postby Auditorii » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:41 pm

Aquinas wrote:
Mr.God wrote:

The Game Rules previously stated "An inactive nation, meaning a nation with no players with seats, clearly cannot give consent to role-play, which means players outside the nation should not attempt to role-play with it in any major or controversial way" (23.1).

I think most experienced players will agree this is a reasonable and commonsense assumption. What Mr. God is doing with Jelbania at the moment is essentially god-modding.

That’s a good catch. We’ll have to add that. I had that in my prelim RP rules but didn’t add in into the the final draft.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:20 pm

Mr.God wrote:There is no specific rule in the game rules that deals with RP concerning a empty nation. Consent of players is needed when players are there but no specifics on when a nation is empty. The situation with Pontesi was a previous moderation teams decision, a decision they made themselves since nothing about this particular issue is listed in the old or new game rules.

As far as I am concerned, you should have no involvement in determining how the rules are applied in this incident since you are clearly not in a position to act objectively. As Aquinas pointed out, the Game Rules previously made clear that role-play with an empty nation was not allowed and no sensible player would argue that it is (it is basically god-modding). Your decision to attempt to influence the process seems to be yet another unilateral decision without regard for the established norms and rules.

I will be totally upfront about this, Mr.God as a Moderator you have repeatedly ignored the rules, acted without the consent of your co-Moderators and generally behaved in a way which is far below the minimum standards I would expect in the role. Sooner or later you have to acknowledge that this isn't just the odd mistake every now and then or a case of simply being inactive, it is a pattern of behaviour that is extremely detrimental to the administration of the game. For the sake of clarity, I have raised this with you, other Moderators and Wouter regularly over the past couple of months and there has been a total lack of interest in doing anything about it. It seems that the game's leadership at the moment is content to let Particracy Classic die a slow and painful death.

Personally I have no faith in your ability to moderate the game properly anymore. I know I'm not the only person who feels this way and I would argue that you have at this point eroded any trust which remained in the Moderation team. Sincerely and genuinely I ask you to consider whether the player base trusts you to fulfil your Moderation duties properly and whether you believe that that continuing in your role as Moderator is the best thing for the game moving forward.
jamescfm

Postby Polites » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:14 pm

Aquinas wrote:What Mr. God is doing with Jelbania at the moment is essentially god-modding.

Don't you mean he's ... Mr. God-modding?

Sorry, I couldn't help it.
Polites

Postby Maxington » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:24 pm

Just have a question on something separate here. So i'm trying to get the CP in-order,

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=592063

Is this with the required standards or is there something i'm missing? Tbh, i'd actually like a rubric for what a CP must entail because the rules in the past since i joined haven't been all that helpful. Thanks in advance.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby Polites » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:31 pm

Completely different issue, but I think this and this should be looked into, as it does not seem to have the consent of the player in Kafuristan.
Polites

Postby Rogue » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:06 pm

Maxington wrote:Just have a question on something separate here. So i'm trying to get the CP in-order,

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=592063

Is this with the required standards or is there something i'm missing? Tbh, i'd actually like a rubric for what a CP must entail because the rules in the past since i joined haven't been all that helpful. Thanks in advance.

it looks excellent. Just to be sure i would contact the GRC if i were you, they wrote large parts of the CP and RP segments of the rules.
But as i said i think this CP is excellent.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

PreviousNext

Return to Requests