Requests: Cultural Protocols - CPs [M]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Cultural Protocol Violation Reports

Postby Rafland » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:07 pm

In the next election the Head of state will fit the actual cultural protocol. The mods did an early election which obviously got my party to nominate the current name.
Rafland

Postby Auditorii » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:13 pm

Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Rogue » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:23 am

Auditorii wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=592414

and here we go. Shocking, I know.

Player messaged
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby jamescfm » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:27 pm

Mr.God wrote:

Player messaged

What has the player been messaged about? As far as I am aware, nothing in that bill breaches the cultural protocol of Aldegar or the Game Rules (though admittedly I haven't had chance to properly read the new Game Rules yet).
jamescfm

Postby Rogue » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:46 pm

jamescfm wrote:
Mr.God wrote:

Player messaged

What has the player been messaged about? As far as I am aware, nothing in that bill breaches the cultural protocol of Aldegar or the Game Rules (though admittedly I haven't had chance to properly read the new Game Rules yet).

The Aldegar cultural protocol states that persian is the officialy language of Aldegar.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Aquinas » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:26 pm

It does not state anywhere in the Game Rules that variables such as the Head of State title, Head of Government title, legislative assembly title and sub-national entity title have to be in the main language assigned to the country in the Cultural Protocol. Nor has such a rule previously been enforced. The convention is that English is always allowed for national variables.

The current Game Rules do not clearly set out what the specific requirements are for playing in Culturally Protected nations, which is an obvious omission, and one which I have pointed out countless times before - but to no avail, unfortunately.

With regards to variables, the previous Game Rules stated this:

6.2 The constitutional variables listed below must be in either English or a language authorised for the nation in the Nation Renaming Guide:

- Constitutional variables introduced not through the game mechanics, but through constitutional role-play laws (see section 19).

- National motto.

- Head of State title.

- Head of Government title.

- Legislative assembly title

- National sport.

- National animal.

- National anthem.

- Title of subnational entities.

Exceptions to this will only be granted at Moderation's discretion and where a very strong case has been presented.

When one of these constitutional variables appears in English in a non-English nation, it should be interpreted as an English translation of the actual official variable. The actual official variable should be presumed to be in the language most appropriate to the culture of the nation. This reality must be respected by players in role-play. Similarly, when a bill proposes to translate one of these constitutional variables directly from the native language to English, the bill should be treated as an OOC matter about the aesthetic appearance of the nation page, to be determined through game mechanics.
Aquinas

Postby Auditorii » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:45 pm

Aquinas wrote:It does not state anywhere in the Game Rules that variables such as the Head of State title, Head of Government title, legislative assembly title and sub-national entity title have to be in the main language assigned to the country in the Cultural Protocol. Nor has such a rule previously been enforced. The convention is that English is always allowed for national variables.

The current Game Rules do not clearly set out what the specific requirements are for playing in Culturally Protected nations, which is an obvious omission, and one which I have pointed out countless times before - but to no avail, unfortunately.

With regards to variables, the previous Game Rules stated this:

6.2 The constitutional variables listed below must be in either English or a language authorised for the nation in the Nation Renaming Guide:

- Constitutional variables introduced not through the game mechanics, but through constitutional role-play laws (see section 19).

- National motto.

- Head of State title.

- Head of Government title.

- Legislative assembly title

- National sport.

- National animal.

- National anthem.

- Title of subnational entities.

Exceptions to this will only be granted at Moderation's discretion and where a very strong case has been presented.

When one of these constitutional variables appears in English in a non-English nation, it should be interpreted as an English translation of the actual official variable. The actual official variable should be presumed to be in the language most appropriate to the culture of the nation. This reality must be respected by players in role-play. Similarly, when a bill proposes to translate one of these constitutional variables directly from the native language to English, the bill should be treated as an OOC matter about the aesthetic appearance of the nation page, to be determined through game mechanics.

-- 1b. Party names, constitutional titles and other variables (excluding bill descriptions, party descriptions and politicians) may be in a non-English language appropriate to the nations culture however if the nations culture has a different alphabet that might be difficult to understand, the Latin-script transliteration is required (example languages: Russian, Arabic, Persian, etc.);

Subsection 1b of Section 3 defines that essentially English is allowed or the Latin-based transliteration is welcome. I think that solves what your stating.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:26 pm

Mr.God wrote:The Aldegar cultural protocol states that persian is the officialy language of Aldegar.

Not sure I understand the relevance of this comment. Where in the Game Rules does it state that players must use a nation's native language for constitutional variables? Did you check the Game Rules before you messaged the player? When you sent the message, did you inform them about what rules they were breaking? If yes, what rules did you quote? If not, why not?
jamescfm

Postby Rogue » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:46 pm

jamescfm wrote:
Mr.God wrote:The Aldegar cultural protocol states that persian is the officialy language of Aldegar.

Not sure I understand the relevance of this comment. Where in the Game Rules does it state that players must use a nation's native language for constitutional variables? Did you check the Game Rules before you messaged the player? When you sent the message, did you inform them about what rules they were breaking? If yes, what rules did you quote? If not, why not?

You are right. The RPer in me took over and i interpreted the rules incorrectly. I will give more attention to this when a request like this occurs again :D
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Auditorii » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:41 pm

http://classic.particracy.net/viewcabin ... ationid=46

Appears that the HoS names are fine but the cabinet names are not.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

PreviousNext

Return to Requests