Requests: General [A]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Questions & Requests

Postby Polites » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:20 pm

LesRouges wrote:Can a currency be renamed?

Not in the game system itself, but you can do it for RP purposes in an RP Law (see here for an example).
Polites

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby cm9777 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:21 pm

Merged
cm9777

Postby Aquinas » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:57 pm

The player has since created 2 further news threads in International News:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8423
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8424

If you have not done so already, I recommend speaking to the player involved, so he understands what the conventions are surrounding news threads.

Also, consider asking Wouter whether he can remove the ability of users to create new news threads in the International News sub-forum. That would prevent situations like this from arising.

A further issue regarding Leo is he appears to be running at least 2 active accounts:

http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=36440
http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=36582

From what I can establish, the "Times News Network" in Davostan is just being used for the newspaper he is RPing, and for all practical purposes, is not being used to run an in-game political party (ie. it hasn't voted on any bills etc.). For this reason, and given the player seems to be new, I would suggest Moderation consider the option of simply inactivating the Davostan account and sending him a message about the multiing rules, as opposed to inactivating both the newspaper account and his party account in Rutania.
Aquinas

Postby Rogue » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:28 am

Aquinas wrote:The player has since created 2 further news threads in International News:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8423
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8424

If you have not done so already, I recommend speaking to the player involved, so he understands what the conventions are surrounding news threads.

Also, consider asking Wouter whether he can remove the ability of users to create new news threads in the International News sub-forum. That would prevent situations like this from arising.

A further issue regarding Leo is he appears to be running at least 2 active accounts:

http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=36440
http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=36582

From what I can establish, the "Times News Network" in Davostan is just being used for the newspaper he is RPing, and for all practical purposes, is not being used to run an in-game political party (ie. it hasn't voted on any bills etc.). For this reason, and given the player seems to be new, I would suggest Moderation consider the option of simply inactivating the Davostan account and sending him a message about the multiing rules, as opposed to inactivating both the newspaper account and his party account in Rutania.

I messaged him and explained him the situation, asking him to not make new threads and only inactivating his newspaper account ingame. Thanks for bringing this up
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Auditorii » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:42 pm

http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=36261

While I take it that this player has been unbanned, we've got a continued assortment of issues that Moderation has failed to address.

-- 1b. Party names, constitutional titles and other variables (excluding bill descriptions, party descriptions and politicians) may be in a non-English language appropriate to the nations culture however if the nations culture has a different alphabet that might be difficult to understand, the Latin-script transliteration is required (example languages: Russian, Arabic, Persian, etc.);

Player has all Arabic script letters for party name, country name is still in Arabic script letters, players entire cabinet is in Arabic script letters.

5. Players are permitted to change the name of their nation, newspaper, cities and regions and post such a request HERE, to do this they must pass a bill with 2/3 majority of active players with seats. All re-naming requests must be within the Cultural Protocols of the nation in question. As a note, players must include the original name of their nation in parenthesis when giving the formal name of their nation. For instance "Zardic Empire (Zardugal)" would be appropriate whereas "Zardic Empire" will not be approved;

As a note a good majority of ALL nations still do not adhere to the required rules.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:43 pm

http://classic.particracy.net/viewnation.php?nationid=1

Obviously against the rules in that bill titles are in German. All public facing communications must be in English.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Rogue » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:18 pm

Auditorii wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewnation.php?nationid=1

Obviously against the rules in that bill titles are in German. All public facing communications must be in English.

Will notify the players in question
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Rogue » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:19 pm

Auditorii wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty.php?partyid=36261

While I take it that this player has been unbanned, we've got a continued assortment of issues that Moderation has failed to address.

-- 1b. Party names, constitutional titles and other variables (excluding bill descriptions, party descriptions and politicians) may be in a non-English language appropriate to the nations culture however if the nations culture has a different alphabet that might be difficult to understand, the Latin-script transliteration is required (example languages: Russian, Arabic, Persian, etc.);

Player has all Arabic script letters for party name, country name is still in Arabic script letters, players entire cabinet is in Arabic script letters.

5. Players are permitted to change the name of their nation, newspaper, cities and regions and post such a request HERE, to do this they must pass a bill with 2/3 majority of active players with seats. All re-naming requests must be within the Cultural Protocols of the nation in question. As a note, players must include the original name of their nation in parenthesis when giving the formal name of their nation. For instance "Zardic Empire (Zardugal)" would be appropriate whereas "Zardic Empire" will not be approved;

As a note a good majority of ALL nations still do not adhere to the required rules.

I will notify the player once more
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Aquinas » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:27 pm

Auditorii wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty.php?partyid=36261

I completely agree that this is a problem.

Auditorii wrote:

There was no consultation on this rule change, and there has been no explanation of it either - despite at least two requests from me on the forum. Could someone please explain why this is thought to be necessary? So long as the nation's core name is referenced somewhere in the nation title, that ought to be fine. Otherwise I suppose we are going to end up with clumsy-looking nation titles like "République d'Aldurie (Republic of Alduria) (Alduria)", "Königreich Dorvik (Dorivk)" and even "Solentia (Solentia)". BTW as I also pointed out previously, the new rule is contradicted in the Nation Renaming Guide, which cites the previous convention.

Auditorii wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewnation.php?nationid=1

Respectfully, this is going too far. Non-English bill titles are not really doing any harm, and for many of us, they can add a little bit of extra flavour to a nation. Using non-English bill titles seems to have become something of a convention in some nations, such as in Selucia, where Latin bill titles are being used. So long as players don't try to use RP laws to demand everybody else uses non-English bill titles as well (which has happened at least once or twice in the past!) or anything like that, then I would say it's safe to leave this alone. The main thing is that bill description and bill debate contributions should be in English (or at least if they are given in a non-English language, then they should be posted alongside a full English translation).

Changing the subject, there are currently two GRC registers visible on the forum, this one, which the more recent, and this one (which looks obviously dated).

But actually, even the more recent one is confusing me a little. It lists Reddy as the Colonies Coordinator, despite the fact his username is not in burgundy on the forum, and from recent postings, it looks as though Auditorii has at least temporarily taken over his role. It also looks to me at least that some of the people on the list are simply not visible in terms of GRC activity. This applies particularly to FIn/FPC, who is meant to be our RP chair but has not posted an actual RP post in over a year. Would it be possible to have an update as to what is going on and what (if any) the GRC''s plans are?
Aquinas

Postby cm9777 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:54 am

Reddy has resigned from the GRC so Farsun/Auditori is in charge of it for now. That old register will be cleaned up.
cm9777

PreviousNext

Return to Requests