Requests: General [A]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Aquinas » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:59 pm

Mr.God wrote:
Aquinas wrote:
cm9777 wrote:Reddy has resigned from the GRC so Farsun/Auditori is in charge of it for now. That old register will be cleaned up.

It's still there.

I will let CM handle this. If he cant i will make sure it gets done

Why has this still not been addressed? It is not remotely technically challenging. Literally all the Moderator needs to do is press a delete button.

It would be considerate if Moderation would amend the official GRC register so that the reader can easily/quickly see the correct information on a single post, rather than having to first read through a post filled with inaccurate information.

The Third World control register is full of inaccurate entries and now needs to be corrected. This has been pointed out previously, but not been acted on.

The World Congress information register fails to list the current members of the Security Council, and also provides erroneous information for the list of permanent members/Great Powers. On smaller issues, some of the links there do not work, and the election results list has not been updated since November.

The Moderation in-game account continues to erroneously list Luis as a Moderator, despite the fact this has been pointed out previously.

There are more blunders I could point out, but I simply don't have the time or the energy right now.

With the greatest respect, in general terms, the general documentation/record-keeping/etc. for this game is lazy and incompetent, and this is not a new phenomenon - it has been going on for some time, unfortunately. It has now been announced Moderation is planning to introduce a second accounts experiment "under certain circumstances via application". I have personal doubts as to how wise this idea is, and I would not recommend it myself. However, even putting all of that aside, given that this scheme will presumably have to involve a degree of regulation and record-keeping, in all honesty, I would seriously, seriously urge Moderation to recruit somebody with organisational skills before embarking on any such project.
Aquinas

Postby Rogue » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:46 pm

Hi Aquinas,

As you may know there are a lot of things going on at the moment. For example we have seen a great decline in the playercount over recent weeks which is the reason for our idea of implementing second approved accounts.
The exodus of players has also meant that, as you pointed out, the third world control register is now even more out of date then it already was making it more work to organize the thing which means it will take longer since we have to contact several players that were still active until recently and confirm they want to relinquesh control etc.

I have removed Luis from the moderator account description now as you correctly pointed out he was still there.
Personally i have not been involved in anything related to the world congress and will have to consult with CM on that.

I agree that it is taking longer then desired and apoligize for it. I will do my best to get all this done in the shortest timespan possible.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Yolo04 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:09 pm

Mr.God wrote:Hi Aquinas,

As you may know there are a lot of things going on at the moment. For example we have seen a great decline in the playercount over recent weeks which is the reason for our idea of implementing second approved accounts.
The exodus of players has also meant that, as you pointed out, the third world control register is now even more out of date then it already was making it more work to organize the thing which means it will take longer since we have to contact several players that were still active until recently and confirm they want to relinquesh control etc.

I have removed Luis from the moderator account description now as you correctly pointed out he was still there.
Personally i have not been involved in anything related to the world congress and will have to consult with CM on that.

I agree that it is taking longer then desired and apoligize for it. I will do my best to get all this done in the shortest timespan possible.

Quick inquiry. Since Dorvik failed to officially announce its representative at the security council, does that make Keymon the Security Council Seat A Member?
List of Parties:
Image Keymon, Four Pillars Party (MQP): ACTIVE

Dankuk, Hwanghu Dang Party (4613): INACTIVE
Yolo04

Location: West Virginia, USA (haha country roads jokes are so funny)

Postby Leo Basu » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:48 pm

here is a tricky problem recently i was chatting with istalian party he said he wants me to make a news thread for istalia i told him as per rules you can only have one he said there are no news thread so i made but now i have found an old one and dont know what to do please help either
BK
Leo Basu

Re: Questions & Requests

Postby Leo Basu » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:48 pm

here is a tricky problem recently i was chatting with istalian party he said he wants me to make a news thread for istalia i told him as per rules you can only have one he said there are no news thread so i made but now i have found an old one and dont know what to do please help either
BK
Leo Basu

Postby Rogue » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:50 am

Leo Basu wrote:here is a tricky problem recently i was chatting with istalian party he said he wants me to make a news thread for istalia i told him as per rules you can only have one he said there are no news thread so i made but now i have found an old one and dont know what to do please help either

Please dont spam every thread with the same question
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby jamescfm » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:10 pm

Why is the Game Rules document spread across multiple pages? It's much easier to link to single "Particracy Game Rules" post than to link to a specific post (especially when we know that these posts will eventually move).
jamescfm

Postby Rogue » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:39 pm

jamescfm wrote:Why is the Game Rules document spread across multiple pages? It's much easier to link to single "Particracy Game Rules" post than to link to a specific post (especially when we know that these posts will eventually move).

We organized it that way so we can easily link the different sections of the game rules when needed.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Aquinas » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:41 am

Mr.God wrote:
jamescfm wrote:Why is the Game Rules document spread across multiple pages? It's much easier to link to single "Particracy Game Rules" post than to link to a specific post (especially when we know that these posts will eventually move).

We organized it that way so we can easily link the different sections of the game rules when needed.

FWIW I agree with James. So long as you give players a reference number for the rule being cited, they ought to be able to find it without undue difficulty.

On another issue, the table of contents on the first post does not reference the new rules on second active accounts (section 10), so somebody casually looking at that might not realise this section existed unless they scrolled to the second page of the thread.
Aquinas

Postby Rogue » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:27 pm

Aquinas wrote:
Mr.God wrote:

FWIW I agree with James. So long as you give players a reference number for the rule being cited, they ought to be able to find it without undue difficulty.

On another issue, the table of contents on the first post does not reference the new rules on second active accounts (section 10), so somebody casually looking at that might not realise this section existed unless they scrolled to the second page of the thread.

We decided that by listing the rules this way we can easily point out seperate sections to people and so far it has been working excellently. Once we encounter issues well possibly take a look at this again.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

PreviousNext

Return to Requests