Requests: General [A]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Aquinas » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:38 am

Mr.God wrote:
Aquinas wrote:
cm9777 wrote:Reddy has resigned from the GRC so Farsun/Auditori is in charge of it for now. That old register will be cleaned up.

It's still there.

I will let CM handle this. If he cant i will make sure it gets done

This still has not been done.

Aquinas wrote:The Third World control register is full of inaccurate entries and now needs to be corrected. This has been pointed out previously, but not been acted on.

The World Congress information register fails to list the current members of the Security Council, and also provides erroneous information for the list of permanent members/Great Powers. On smaller issues, some of the links there do not work, and the election results list has not been updated since November.

These have not been done yet either.
Aquinas

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Auditorii » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:12 pm

I'll handle the GRC stuff this weekend when I have a little more time to convert everything over and write up some guidelines for future teams.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Re: Questions & Requests

Postby ChengherRares1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:12 pm

I ask admins if this issue is valid. I had an argument with Luis1p whether my huge sums of moneys are valid from RP. I know they were the number of trillions, but we think that this viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8446&start=10#p147276 and the fact that budget is taken into account we think Luis1p attempt to report my party on the basis of wrong RP despite my RP said clearly those sums of mooneys are split between more years than one and also there are big projects. We believe current sums are not justifiable for the ammount of years and importance. There is also question whatever the exchange rate regime (http://classic.particracy.net/rates.php) and if the budget and GDP are valid. If they are valid as in the comment of Keymon viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8446&start=10#p147276 the budget was clearly taken into account. I ask admins to say whether trillions are an acceptable sum for CHR money from the view that this money are inflated based on stock exchanges and GDP of the nation. I want a clear answer.
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Postby Auditorii » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:45 pm

ChengherRares1 wrote:I ask admins if this issue is valid. I had an argument with Luis1p whether my huge sums of moneys are valid from RP. I know they were the number of trillions, but we think that this viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8446&start=10#p147276 and the fact that budget is taken into account we think Luis1p attempt to report my party on the basis of wrong RP despite my RP said clearly those sums of mooneys are split between more years than one and also there are big projects. We believe current sums are not justifiable for the ammount of years and importance. There is also question whatever the exchange rate regime (http://classic.particracy.net/rates.php) and if the budget and GDP are valid. If they are valid as in the comment of Keymon viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8446&start=10#p147276 the budget was clearly taken into account. I ask admins to say whether trillions are an acceptable sum for CHR money from the view that this money are inflated based on stock exchanges and GDP of the nation. I want a clear answer.

The answer is not from Luis as a player, it is from the Global Roleplay Committee supported by Moderation. So, in short to answer your question, yes, decisions by the GRC are valid. From what I’ve read and been shared with myself and Moderation, we’ve explained very well and provided examples to why your RP is unrealistic. Please note, continued non-compliance can result in inactivation fo your account.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Aquinas » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:29 am

Auditorii wrote:
ChengherRares1 wrote:I ask admins if this issue is valid. I had an argument with Luis1p whether my huge sums of moneys are valid from RP. I know they were the number of trillions, but we think that this viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8446&start=10#p147276 and the fact that budget is taken into account we think Luis1p attempt to report my party on the basis of wrong RP despite my RP said clearly those sums of mooneys are split between more years than one and also there are big projects. We believe current sums are not justifiable for the ammount of years and importance. There is also question whatever the exchange rate regime (http://classic.particracy.net/rates.php) and if the budget and GDP are valid. If they are valid as in the comment of Keymon viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8446&start=10#p147276 the budget was clearly taken into account. I ask admins to say whether trillions are an acceptable sum for CHR money from the view that this money are inflated based on stock exchanges and GDP of the nation. I want a clear answer.

The answer is not from Luis as a player, it is from the Global Roleplay Committee supported by Moderation. So, in short to answer your question, yes, decisions by the GRC are valid. From what I’ve read and been shared with myself and Moderation, we’ve explained very well and provided examples to why your RP is unrealistic. Please note, continued non-compliance can result in inactivation fo your account.

Are GRC/Moderation seriously now getting into the micromanagement of trying to regulate the monetary amounts players use in economic RP?

I find this questionable, not least because the economic dimension to Particracy Classic was never completed, and even the in-game economics pages say "This is a feature under development, do not consider it working yet!" right at the top in red letters.

Reading through Hulstria's recent news posts, I found a reference to "400 trillions money for this projects of furthering our national cause of gay liberation", and another reference to the government giving an agricultural company "over one trillion HCR as funds for their crop". One can make an argument that these figures are excessive, when it is considered that according to Hulstria's in-game economics page, Hulstria's GDP is only 2.6 trillion HCR.

However, given that the in-game economics is not properly working and most players do not even take the in-game economic statistics entirely seriously anyway, I find it rather heavy-handed to threaten players with inactivation unless they use whatever numbers GRC/Moderation arbitrarily decides are acceptable. The game has not been regulated like this in the past. I have often seen players use figures which, when compared with the in-game economics statistics, might look unrealistic, but (along with most people, I think) I've generally ignored this, simply on the basis the economic game mechanics aren't working properly anyway. To give some examples, less than 3 months ago, Mr. God made a reference to a Deltarian company being worth "600 billion LOD (12 trillion DTE)", despite the fact that according to Deltaria's economics page, Deltaria's entire GDP is worth only 5 trillion DTE. Similarly, in August last year, Auditorii made a reference to Dorvik donating "nearly $1 trillion LOD into Dovani and post-Dovani War nations", an amount which looks excessive when one considers that figure is more than 3 times Lodamun's entire GDP.

With respect, I am a little disappointed by the attitude Auditorii has demonstrated towards Chengher, both here in this thread, where he has publicly threatened him with inactivation, and also on the official public Discord server, where earlier in the week he inaccurately and unhelpfully described Chengher's work in Hulstria as "a blatant troll attempt". It would be nice if GRC/Moderation could try to adopt a more positive and constructive approach towards players, particularly towards those who are new to Particracy RP.
Aquinas

Postby ChengherRares1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:11 am

I am already used to hate and disrespect. I will not further comment, moderators showed their rudeness and nothing more to add. I hope they got what they squatted.
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Postby Auditorii » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:18 pm

Aquinas wrote:
Auditorii wrote:

Are GRC/Moderation seriously now getting into the micromanagement of trying to regulate the monetary amounts players use in economic RP?

I find this questionable, not least because the economic dimension to Particracy Classic was never completed, and even the in-game economics pages say "This is a feature under development, do not consider it working yet!" right at the top in red letters.

Reading through Hulstria's recent news posts, I found a reference to "400 trillions money for this projects of furthering our national cause of gay liberation", and another reference to the government giving an agricultural company "over one trillion HCR as funds for their crop". One can make an argument that these figures are excessive, when it is considered that according to Hulstria's in-game economics page, Hulstria's GDP is only 2.6 trillion HCR.

However, given that the in-game economics is not properly working and most players do not even take the in-game economic statistics entirely seriously anyway, I find it rather heavy-handed to threaten players with inactivation unless they use whatever numbers GRC/Moderation arbitrarily decides are acceptable. The game has not been regulated like this in the past. I have often seen players use figures which, when compared with the in-game economics statistics, might look unrealistic, but (along with most people, I think) I've generally ignored this, simply on the basis the economic game mechanics aren't working properly anyway. To give some examples, less than 3 months ago, Mr. God made a reference to a Deltarian company being worth "600 billion LOD (12 trillion DTE)", despite the fact that according to Deltaria's economics page, Deltaria's entire GDP is worth only 5 trillion DTE. Similarly, in August last year, Auditorii made a reference to Dorvik donating "nearly $1 trillion LOD into Dovani and post-Dovani War nations", an amount which looks excessive when one considers that figure is more than 3 times Lodamun's entire GDP.

With respect, I am a little disappointed by the attitude Auditorii has demonstrated towards Chengher, both here in this thread, where he has publicly threatened him with inactivation, and also on the official public Discord server, where earlier in the week he inaccurately and unhelpfully described Chengher's work in Hulstria as "a blatant troll attempt". It would be nice if GRC/Moderation could try to adopt a more positive and constructive approach towards players, particularly towards those who are new to Particracy RP.

Thanks for your feedback. We’ll take it under advisement!
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Rogue » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:50 pm

Aquinas wrote:
Auditorii wrote:

You are right that the ingame economics are rarely taken seriously. But they are for a fact at least generally respected and not changed in massive ways.
Now the threat of inactivation is not merely caused by these specific incidents but also other things that are currently playing in the background. As our general policy we will not talk about these matters in public.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby ChengherRares1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:08 pm

Mr.God wrote:You are right that the ingame economics are rarely taken seriously. But they are for a fact at least generally respected and not changed in massive ways.
Now the threat of inactivation is not merely caused by these specific incidents but also other things that are currently playing in the background. As our general policy we will not talk about these matters in public.

Could at least PM of what I am breaking now? I want to be warned if I am doing something against the game, if it is the rename of the country (hotly debated) is solved, I think that I should stop changing country name, there are other things more important than a name. And how I said, if I currently am breaking rules I should be PMed on my game account or on this forum account. Thanks.
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Postby Rogue » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:43 pm

ChengherRares1 wrote:
Mr.God wrote:You are right that the ingame economics are rarely taken seriously. But they are for a fact at least generally respected and not changed in massive ways.

Could at least PM of what I am breaking now? I want to be warned if I am doing something against the game, if it is the rename of the country (hotly debated) is solved, I think that I should stop changing country name, there are other things more important than a name. And how I said, if I currently am breaking rules I should be PMed on my game account or on this forum account. Thanks.

You have been repeatedly PMed already
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

PreviousNext

Return to Requests