Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Nation Renaming Guide: feedback

Postby Auditorii » Fri May 22, 2020 2:49 pm

It was updated and out into continents, it is not completed yet. I'll note your suggestions.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby aurek » Wed May 27, 2020 8:38 pm

how duse one change names
aurek

Postby jamescfm » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:04 pm

jamescfm wrote:Assuming that the previous rules still apply, I have some feedback and suggestions based on the thread I started on the subject:
  • "Hawu-Ikradon" should be changed to "Ikradon", with "Hawu Mumenhes" as an appropriate alternative
  • "Dranland" should be changed to "Dankuk", with "Drania" as an appropriate alternative
  • "Husltria" should be changed to "Hulstria and Gao-Soto"
  • "Indrala" should be changed to "Yingdala", with "Indrala" as an appropriate alternative
  • "Sekowo" should be changed to "Seko", with "Sekowo" as an appropriate alternative
  • "Deltaria Nova" should be changed to "Vorona", with "Deltaria Nova" as an appropriate alternative

A few other queries. "Athlorcea" is currently listed as an appropriate alternative to "Hutori" and "Kyseon" is currently listed as an appropriate alternative to "Dankuk". Performing a quick search of the forum, neither of these terms have ever been used in an in-character setting as far as I have been able to find. I would recommend that they are removed. I would also like to reiterate my previous request that "Cakaniye" is added as the native form of "Jakania".

Reiterating these suggestions, none of which have been implemented. I understand that Moderation may not want to approve them all (although I do believe they represent a consensus opinion) but at the very least they could implement the ones that are clearly erroneous.
jamescfm

Postby colonelvesica » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:09 am

jamescfm wrote:
jamescfm wrote:Assuming that the previous rules still apply, I have some feedback and suggestions based on the thread I started on the subject:
  • "Hawu-Ikradon" should be changed to "Ikradon", with "Hawu Mumenhes" as an appropriate alternative
  • "Dranland" should be changed to "Dankuk", with "Drania" as an appropriate alternative
  • "Indrala" should be changed to "Yingdala", with "Indrala" as an appropriate alternative
  • "Sekowo" should be changed to "Seko", with "Sekowo" as an appropriate alternative
  • "Deltaria Nova" should be changed to "Vorona", with "Deltaria Nova" as an appropriate alternative

A few other queries. "Athlorcea" is currently listed as an appropriate alternative to "Hutori" and "Kyseon" is currently listed as an appropriate alternative to "Dankuk". Performing a quick search of the forum, neither of these terms have ever been used in an in-character setting as far as I have been able to find. I would recommend that they are removed. I would also like to reiterate my previous request that "Cakaniye" is added as the native form of "Jakania".

Reiterating these suggestions, none of which have been implemented. I understand that Moderation may not want to approve them all (although I do believe they represent a consensus opinion) but at the very least they could implement the ones that are clearly erroneous.

I'll note that I use Althorcea as a Mashacara word for First Land, so I'll gladly keep it as a technical alternative for Hutori
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby jamescfm » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:54 pm

colonelvesica wrote:I'll note that I use Althorcea as a Mashacara word for First Land, so I'll gladly keep it as a technical alternative for Hutori

Okay, that is fine with me. Like I said, I wasn't aware of the the term and it wasn't brought up in the discussion that I had on the issue last month, hence I made the recommendation. I'm a little disappointed that the newspaper threads were renamed before my suggestions were acknowledged. When can I expect a proper response?
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:58 pm

Proper response for what exactly? If you are talking about the Nation Renaming Guide, it's a work in progress. We've got a lot of other things we want to get around to and catch up on. We're in the midst of looking at CPs, doing some internal work on rule changes we want to see, and other things we've been discussing.

We've had plans for renaming the threads for sometime, they can always be tweaked and renamed. It is not set in stone.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:12 pm

The specific changes quoted above, from 22 May. At the time you told me that you had noted them but no changes have been made. If you are limited in terms of time then perhaps it would have been better to address this feedback before spending the time on the newspaper threads, given that changes to the Nation Renaming Guide will affect the latter.

The naming of the newspaper threads is a little confusing to me too. No consistent standard has been applied to how the threads are named, consider for example that "Drania" has been used as the primary name for Dankuk despite not being listed in the Guide and that Yingdala's thread does not even mention that name. How did Moderation decide on the name's for newspaper threads given that they clearly do not reflect the Guide?
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:17 pm

I'll stop what I'm doing and I'll invest my time in this as it's clearly a pertinent issue to the PT community.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:22 pm

I hope that this is a genuine commitment. If Moderation expects players to follow the Nation Renaming Guide then the bare minimum they should do is keep it up-to-date. When can I expect that the suggestions will be implemented?
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:24 pm

jamescfm wrote:I hope that this is a genuine commitment. If Moderation expects players to follow the Nation Renaming Guide then the bare minimum they should do is keep it up-to-date. When can I expect that the suggestions will be implemented?

As I said, I am dropping everything I have to do for the game in order to update this guide because as you've made it clear to us Moderators, it is incredibly confusing and problematic for people when it comes to the naming of countries. It is our top priority, we'll notify you personally when its done.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback