Third World Changes

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Third World Changes

Postby robmark0000 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:03 pm

I and QV73 agreed to make Rapa Pile a special autonomous area of Vascania, like Hong Kong is the special administrative area of the People's Republic of China. Only the foreign politics and defense politics will be commons. Have we your approval?
Information: Player Profile here, Musical Profile here, Political Compass here.
World Congress Coordinator

"Only the Young can run. So run, and run, and run!" ~ Taylor Swift
robmark0000

Location: Hungary / Magyarország (my liberal soul is in prison here, big big sadness)

Postby Pragma » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:29 pm

We'd probably hold a referendum to confirm it after the civil war over there.
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby Auditorii » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:15 pm

Prior to anything, Vesica and I are going to review that and go from there in regards to Rapa Pile and Vascania.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Pragma » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:51 pm

That's of course reasonable. I would like to make a few arguments in favour just for the sake of it:

> Hong Kong-style 'one nation, two systems' governance is currently non-existent in Terra and I feel like it would present some very interesting RP opportunities.
> There are two small, island based nations in the 3rd world based primarily around trade, Dalibor being the other one. If one wanted to play as a fully and unambiguously independent one, that would remain an option for a willing player.
> The majority of the third world remains unused, and I feel like there are still plenty of very interesting states that would continue fully and unambiguously independent.
> Culturally, this is a fairly reasonable move in my opinion. Rapa Pile is linguistically and ethnically very close to Vascania, without the religious distinctions of Medina or other nations. > Rapa Pile has a pirate problem and is in a pirate hotspot, Vascania has a growing navy and can provide the necessary protections.

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby robmark0000 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:44 pm

So, how I imagine this Cooperation.

> The name of Rapa Pile will be Rapa Pile Special Administrative State of the Vascanian Empire, with common foreign and defense politics with the Empire. I want 65 seats in the Vascanian Parliament for Rapa Pile what I can use.
> I want a President of Rapa Pile, officially a Vascanian Emperor's President of the Rapa Pile Special Administration State of the Vascanian Empire, who're the head of Rapa Pile and elected by the people directly in a presidential system. The President de jure appointed by the Emperor, but elected by every people who have Pilese citizenship and older and 15 years de facto.
> I want a autonomous, bicameral legislature for Rapa Pile, the Meeting of Rapa Pile, officially the Imperial Meeting of Honorable Persons of the Rapa Pile Special Administrative State of the Vascanian Empire. The lower house will be the Legislative Congress of Rapa Pile, officially the Imperial Legislative Congress of the Rapa Pile Special Administrative State of the Vascanian Empire; this is elected by every citizen who have citizenship and older than 15 years. The upper house will be the House of Burgesses of Rapa Pile, officially the Imperial House of Burgesses of the Rapa Pile Special Administration State of the Vascanian Empire; this is half appointed by mayors of City of Rapa, City of Datungu and City of New Nago, and half elected by rich people based on property censorship. Of course, the House of Burgesses have less power, and Rapa Pile will be an operating democracy, just like Hong Kong.
> Of course, I still want to controlling Rapa Pile after the annexation.

robmark0000

Location: Hungary / Magyarország (my liberal soul is in prison here, big big sadness)

Postby Pragma » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:28 am

In the interests of meeting such a vision, the terms I think are best are this:
> Rapa Pile admitted as the 'Rapa Pile Special Administrative State'.
> Rapa Pile has a directly elected Premier and a state legislature of whatever nature it so desires.
> Rapa Pile is entitled to 34 parliamentary seats, in the interest of proportionality. This seems sensible to my ears considering the population of the islands in relation to the existing states. Rapa Pile will elect representatives from its own parties, and Rob Mark will inform me of the makeup of this representation before each election.
> Rapa Pile will have free access to our naval forces, oil reserves and any other luxuries enjoyed by the other states. It will be given a share of the profits of the northern oil reserve to do with as it pleases. .
> Rapa Pile will pay a small amount to the federal government to upkeep its defence. A naval base will be built on the islands. There will be furthered RPed meetings to discuss anything else.

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby robmark0000 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:38 am

Okay.
I can replace the President with the Premier, the essence is that Rapa Pile will be a presidential system. The other conditions are good for, I guess we are just waiting for the Moderation's approval.

robmark0000

Postby robmark0000 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:45 pm

Any update ?

robmark0000

Postby colonelvesica » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:45 pm

Still under discussion, Farsun and I will have an answer for you by the end of the night
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby colonelvesica » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:42 am

robmark0000 wrote:Any update ?

Provisionally approved for the time being; but we are watching very very carefully
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

PreviousNext

Return to General