Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Nation Renaming Guide: feedback

Postby jamescfm » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:27 pm

When can I expect that the suggestions will be implemented?
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:58 pm

jamescfm wrote:When can I expect that the suggestions will be implemented?

You can see my prior message.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:59 pm

Your prior message does not answer my direct question. For the third time, when can I expect that the suggestions will be implemented?
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:02 pm

jamescfm wrote:Your prior message does not answer my direct question. For the third time, when can I expect that the suggestions will be implemented?

As I said, I am dropping everything I have to do for the game in order to update this guide...

Source: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6367&start=50#p158835

I put it in bold for you.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:17 pm

You have informed me via Discord that the changes have been made. I am not sure why you did not do this in the thread but that's fine. You have chosen to list "Hulstria" for Hulstria and Gao-Soto. As has already been made clear to you in my original thread, the consensus opinion based on a significant amount of historic role-play is that the country's primary name should be "Hulstria and Gao-Soto". In its current form, the Guide does not even mention "Gao-Soto". What basis is there for using "Hulstria" rather than "Hulstria and Gao-Soto", aside from your personal preference for excluding the role-play related to Gao-Soto? There's also the listing of "Hawu-Ikradon" and "Indrala" being used as the primary names for the relevant countries but given the immense effort it took to get to this point, I almost don't feel like going through the process again...
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:27 pm

jamescfm wrote:You have informed me via Discord that the changes have been made. I am not sure why you did not do this in the thread but that's fine. You have chosen to list "Hulstria" for Hulstria and Gao-Soto. As has already been made clear to you in my original thread, the consensus opinion based on a significant amount of historic role-play is that the country's primary name should be "Hulstria and Gao-Soto". In its current form, the Guide does not even mention "Gao-Soto". What basis is there for using "Hulstria" rather than "Hulstria and Gao-Soto", aside from your personal preference for excluding the role-play related to Gao-Soto? There's also the listing of "Hawu-Ikradon" and "Indrala" being used as the primary names for the relevant countries but given the immense effort it took to get to this point, I almost don't feel like going through the process again...

Hulstria (Hulsterreich) has been used as the singular form of the country several times, most recently during the modern Septembrist period where the country didn't mention "Gao-Soto". I'm not quite sure why you mention personal preference as I do not play there nor do I have any personal care about it. It's an alternative name, not quite sure why its an issue to leave it as a potential alternative? (Reference: https://particracy.fandom.com/wiki/Huls ... d_Gao-Soto)

I never switched Yingdala and Indrala. I'll tweak that.

Hawu-Ikradon, was a mistake I thought I had left it as Ikradon as I was updating the guide. I'll tweak that.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:41 pm

Despite that you're feigning ignorance, it is clear that you do have a personal preference, as you made clear in the thread that I have already linked to. This is the reason I suspect your initial decision to exclude Gao-Soto was a matter of personal preference. I am glad that you were able to recognise the consensus view in the end.
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:54 pm

jamescfm wrote:Despite that you're feigning ignorance, it is clear that you do have a personal preference, as you made clear in the thread that I have already linked to. This is the reason I suspect your initial decision to exclude Gao-Soto was a matter of personal preference. I am glad that you were able to recognise the consensus view in the end.

Hulstria is a little trickier and I think has some personal issues for players.

Me saying "...and I think has some personal issues for players." does not equate to "I have personal issues." So again, not quite sure what you're attempting to get at.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Re: Feedback: Nation Renaming Guide

Postby Zanz » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:53 pm

I request that Jelbe be recognized as the name for nation known as Jelbania. Jelbe should be the primary name (it's the Jelbic name for the place) and Jelbania should be an alternative, but I'm fine with the other way round, if you must.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Re: Feedback: Nation Renaming Guide

Postby jamescfm » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:16 pm

"Jelbe" has been added as an alternative name for "Jelbania".
jamescfm

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback