Vanuku

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Vanuku

Postby Aquinas » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:30 am

Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:08 pm

Aquinas

Postby Kubrick » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:52 pm

Wrntu Wrnuke!
Media Network

A Banmek-Sntazed Holding Company

Wrntu Wrnuke! (Forward Vanuku!) has been the largest media network in Vanuku for centuries, it provides monarchist news with fierce Jelbic nationalism.

With Jelbe's industry soaring Vanuku's economy grows, but what about Jelbe?
The "little brother" of the Khaganate is lagging behind, says economic expert Genzi Wékj.

Genzi Wékj, professor at the University of Wiel, is critical of Jelbe's situation within the Khaganate.

February 4785 - Professor Genzi Wékj of the University of Wiel recently released a book with his criticism on the Khaganate's economic system. Frnd Estifluz, which translates to Blood Money, has quickly become a popular book amongst the public in Vanuku and Jelbe alike. In it professor Wékj outlines his personal problems with the way the Khaganate's economic system has been set up, stating that his native Vanuku has been pushed forward while Jelbe will purposely lag behind. In an interview with Wrntu Wrnuke! the esteemed economist explained in a few words what he means. "They who have set up this system, the men and women right at the top, they knew what they were doing. Their hands are bloody, I say, and I know that sounds crude but this system is designed to succeed in Vanuku and to fail in Jelbe, in my previous book I outlined my support for partial privatization, yet what Kárak's cabinet has done is to privatize the entire heavy industry in Jelbe. In Frnd Estifluz I further outline the mysterious TBTK Krp and while I was unable to find out in my research who actually owns that corporation I have found out that the contracts the Jelbék workers have signed are leaky and full of loopholes, yes they are given housing and acceptable wages, but they are also forced to spend 25% of their wages in TBTK owned stores and, I will remind you that these people are seasonal workers, their contracts are for years on end. Apparently the minimum period to sign for was five years! But so many of these Jelbék workers were desperate or even illiterate that they just sign the dotted line." Wékj remains critical of the system and even partially wonders whether it has all been set up. "Yes, I said Jelbe has been set up to purposely fail but I am of course not entirely sure if that is the goal, to me it feels odd, wouldn't you want the entire Khaganate to grow? But a negligence of this level would also be a new level of incompetence, even for us Jelbics".

The government declined to comment on the accusations while TBTK Krp issued a statement claiming they "partially acknowledge some of the writings in professor Wékj's new book but do not see an accurate representation of what TBTK Krp stands for, nor what we do, we only wish the best for our workers, our customers and our annual profits to keep our company healthy". Recent reports released by the Ministry of Trade & Industry of Vanuku have shown a sharp growth for the nation's economy, with the state racking up immense profits thanks to the lucrative deals it signed with TBTK a decade ago. Vanuku's international trade in rare minerals and metals has become a lucrative business for the Khaganate, with nations across the globe requiring high quality tungsten, ruthenium and palladium from Jelbe's many mines.

Second Fleet welcomes refitted aircraft carrier
After another lengthy restoration a "new" aircraft carrier joins the fray: the HVMS Rímsa.

April 4785 - The Second Fleet's flagship has been introduced back unto the seas after extensive trials. The HVMS Rímsa, Jelbic for Justice, enters service four years after the pride of the fleet, the Támnr (Honour or Glory), was re-introduced as the flagship of the First Fleet. With this the Ministry of Defence has confirmed that two out of four aircraft carriers are now fully back in active service with their technology being the "best of the best". Shipyard Havendam continues to have several Yingdalan experts on their payroll, per the Zoo Alliance agreement on sharing knowledge.

Minister of Defence Hynrk-Aldrkai Vrkz has confirmed that the Naval Forces will also look at acquiring new planes to be stationed upon the aircraft carriers but that is not the highest priority. "First all four vessels need to return to the seas, after that an offer can be put out for designs." While in the last few years the Khaganate has bought much material from Zoo Alliance nations it is now rumoured that the Ministry of Defence wishes for a national design. "We'll have to see what is possible" said Minister Vrkz in response to that question. On whether the other two aircraft carriers will receive new names he did have something to say. "They will be named in the same trend as the Támnr and the Rímsa, strong words with meaning for all Jelbics." This has confirmed the removal of the monarch naming that some carriers have had in the past. The Ministry of Defence has urged citizens to submit their own suggestions for the "strongest Jelbic words".

"Avoid accidents, release the hostages" says Director Ráhklarz of the SSA
State Security Agency has allegedly kidnapped three relatives of Krishan Bandyopadhyay.

Director Jlekai Ráhklarz of the State Security Agency, primarily known for his scrupulous and ruthless approach.

June 4785 - While many nations refuse to negotiate with terrorists the Jelbic traditions of the Khaganate force the Kingdom to enter negotiations on principle, in ancient Jelbic traditions you always welcome an enemy to the table before an honourable battle. However it would not be unlike the same Jelbic traditions to "even the stakes". Instead of meeting the terms the State Security Agency, Vanuku's secret service and intelligence agency, has gone out of their way to present a counter-offer. Director Jlekai Ráhklarz personally recorded a message for the hostage takers and urged them to release the hostages to "avoid accidents". The government has declined to comment on what the message exactly hints at but rumours go that included with the video were the pictures of hundreds of cows en route to the Khaganate's nuclear testing facility as well as the names and recent pictures of three relatives of the terrorist leader Krishan Bandyopadhyay. Though the latter remains unconfirmed the Malivian police did acknowledge that three individuals related to Bandyopadhyay have been missing for the last two days.

The primary mission of the SSA is to secure the release of Dnkai Amrun, owner of the massive meat industry firm Amrun Krp. Mr. Amrun owns over fifty slaughterhouses across Vanuku alone and in previous interviews has stated that "beef is our primary product", priding himself on the fact that his premium slaughterhouse Jez Amrun in Nachten supplies Vanuku's best restaurant Kshi Krt. Kshi Krt has won numerous prizes for their innovative cooking and are lauded as "the best place for a steak in Northern Vanuku". Klune Amrun, the wife of Dnkai Amrun, posted a moving message on social media calling for the release of all hostages. "Please, stop this, my husband has children and grandchildren, I ask all terrorists to think on what they are doing, we understand their problem but please also understand ours."
Last edited by Kubrick on Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Aquinas » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:47 pm

Aquinas

Postby Kubrick » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:03 pm

Wrntu Wrnuke!
Media Network

Wrntu Wrnuke! (Forward Vanuku!) has been the largest media network in Vanuku for centuries, it provides monarchist news with fierce Jelbic nationalism.

Bék Grzkai Amrun challenges Krishan Bandyopadhyay to Sbtlshjogad
Clan chief and distant cousin of Dnkai Amrun stands up for clan honour in hostage crisis.

Bék Amrun at last years Summer festival, he won all but one archery contests.

July 4785 - With the hostage crisis in Malivia still developing one man has at least assured that Jelbic honour remains untarnished. Bék Gzkai Amrun, 36, is a cousin twice-removed from hostage Dnkai Amrun, the CEO of Amrun Krp. The Bék, who is a local councillor in his municipality in his day to day life, has spent many years perfecting his knowledge of the "Jelbic traditions". Amrun, who became Bék after his father's passing in 4781, has always believed in keeping tradition alive and spends much of his time honing his skills. He is an avid wrestler, horse-rider, fencer and one of the most celebrated bowmen in the Khaganate. Every Summer Bék Amrun travels to festivals and participates in archery contests, in 20 years of participating he has racked up an astonishing 112 awards for archery. With his passion for Jelbic tradition and his understanding of honour the Bék has now openly called for Krishan Bandyopadhyay to face him in a Sbtlshjogad, the traditional three Jelbic trials of a warrior. The Bék also commented that if Bandyopadhyay is "unable to compete in this sacred tradition, I will also be open to a normal duel to the death."

So far the terrorists have not responded to the Bék's challenge, if they refuse they will be known as cowards in every Jelbic's eye and the honour of the Amrun family will remain untarnished. When asked whether the Bék would pay a ransom to see his relative freed he scoffed. "Jelbics do not pay blood-money, that is for settlers, I still believe in the traditions of the steppe, plus my cousin is wealthy enough to buy his own safety if he so desires. For now I will trust in the state to solve this issue and return my kin safely to the Khaganate." When this interview was conducted news had yet to come out that a part of Amrun's ear had been cut off, on the phone the Bék responded outraged: "They truly are cowards! I can only wish Tanhri's wrath upon them, if they are ever released I vow to all Skyfathers I will see them dead for this insult." Amrun furthermore confirmed his community would hold a traditional sacrifice, though they would swap the regular goats for cows, as a further insult to the Malivians keeping Dnkai Amrun hostage.

Tanhri's Wrath VI concluded; elite Jelbék unit established

Fresh members of the "King's Own" displaying their traditional blades.

July 4785 - The sixth annual Khaganate-wide military exercise has been successfully concluded. Tanhri's Wrath V was mostly about naval invasions and coordination efforts between the Vanukean navy and Khaganate land components, Tanhri's Wrath VI was all about urban and forest warfare. The intense two week exercise saw mixed Khaganate forces pitched against each other in a fight over a city split by a river. Where Vanuku's armoured elements adapted to urband warfare, Jelbe's light infantry adopted guerrilla tactics in the dense concrete jungle. Vanuku's more traditionally equipped infantry, bulky with gear, performed adequately but often had to cease their advances once the Jelbe guerrilla forces lashed out. Though the light infantry stood little chance against the armoured fist of Vanuku's mechanized component. The general staff overseeing the exercise was impressed by all elements, "you can see that the feedback from the King Temrkai Think-Tank has been adopted by all service branches, the increased specialization of the Khaganate's troops is paying dividends across the board" said Jelbék General Jlekai Mrthotrjrzajad, who is leading the efforts to reform Jelbe's infantry into a specialized troop of well-trained and hardened light infantry.

At the conclusion of the exercise all troops were given a days rest and were then called to assemble for a ceremony. It was here that the Khagan himself, who has become rather reclusive in recent years, appeared to speak to the troops. Khagan Juhn proclaimed his pride of the armoured forces of the Khaganate and commended every man and woman for their resilience and bravery. After this General Jlekai Mrthotrjzajad presented the Khagan with a new banner and announced the founding of the King's Own Immovable and Indefatigable Grand Jelbek Warriors' Brigade. A new elite unit specifically established for the Khaganate. The King's Own, known in Jelbic as the Konzék hrznakigrundnyrjimojetakjrzaé trzy krjuàmijofetak'rzaé Jelbék Hldjezshlajhikoé Brgd, are hand-picked Jelbék soldiers that perform far above the regular soldier. They are further selected for their traditional Jelbic backgrounds, loyalty to the Khagan and the Khaganate and are expected to be unmarried and willing to commit for at least ten years of service. The King's Own will be used as both a ceremonial unit and an elite unit for when the fighting gets "problematic".

Director Ráhklarz: "Terrorists have wasted their chances."
State Security Agency to take every effort to release Dnkai Amrun.

July 4785 - With the earlobe of Dnkai Amrun seperated from Dnkai Amrun the situation has escalated beyond normal procedure according to Director Ráhklarz of the State Security Agency. "The terrorists have wasted their chances. The three prisoners will not be released, instead they will be transferred to the Khaganate's member state Jelbe where the death penalty can still be applied for capital crimes under regional law." It is expected that the prisoners will face a re-trial, after which the local judges in Jelbe are free to sentence the three men to death for their plans to assassinate Duke Kárak. The government has confirmed it is working closely with the SSA and is approving every step Director Ráhklarz is taking to resolve the situation. Afterwards it was reported that the decapitated head of Prabodh Bandyopadhyay was delivered in a cardboard box to the airport where the hostage plane is currently grounded. The box was only marked with "TWO MORE TO GO KRISHAN BANDYOPADHYAY". Prabodh Bandyopadhyay, younger brother of Krishan, had been missing for several weeks prior. Two other relatives of the terrorist leader are also still missing. Ráhklarz refused to acknowledge SSA involvement in the murder of Prabodh but commented that "this should be a clear enough signal to Krishan to give up his hopeless mission".

The Ministry of Defence has further confirmed that commando's of the Royal Guard have been assembled at the airport in Wiel and are ready and able to conduct a mission to breach the aeroplane. However the problem with this suggestion is the unwillingness of the Malivian government to allow Khaganate military forces on their soil. "The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is in constant communications with Malivia, but they wont budge" said Minister Vrkz of Defence.

TBTK Krp wins contract to renovate Grand Canal
Vanuku's primary trade route with Dovani and Vascania to be revitalized.

A cruise liner approaching the Grand Canal, Minister Harif has underlined the economic importance of the passage.

December 4785 - For many centuries the Grand Canal has been an important economic factor to the success of Vanuku in world trade. The small passage located on the narrowest part of Vanuku connects the Verranderlijke Ocean to the west with the Majatran Sea to the east, opening up many trade routes from Vascania and Dovani to eastern Majatran nations. While ships that wish to pass have to pay a fee, and due to differences in sea levels it is a long process to even pass, the costs and time still greatly win over sailing all the way around Majatra. Vanuku's navy, and her allies, have also long enjoyed the flexibility of the Grand Canal, which can help with rapid deployments of naval forces across the globe. In recent years the Grand Canal has become more important as Vascania and the Khaganate develop closer ties, now more than ever is trade between the Jelbic nations and Vascania important.

In recent years however the ages have been catching up with the trade hub and the government issues a contract to renovate the Grand Canal and potentially modernize the dams and sluices to develop an easier and faster passage, thus increasing the amount of ships that can pass in a day. While many industrial giants bid upon the government contract only one could be the winner; TBTK Krp once again managed to snatch a deal. CEO of rival company Dkaz-Nasiv, Juhn Sardnpal, made several comments of "foul play" on the situation. "We are one of the leading companies in this sector, we renovated the dams near Tratsburgh within budget and before the deadline, yet again TBTK gets a government contract and we still do not know who own it, to me that reeks of something foul." TBTK Krp's spokesperson Agzé Sryca denounced the statements of Sardnpal, "we find it disappointing that a rival and a colleague in this sector finds the need to say such damaging statements in public, we hope Dkaz-Nasiv retract their statements on our business."

The renovations of the Grand Canal are expected to commence in the first quarter of 4786 and, according to the contract, must be finished before 4791's Temrkai Khan celebrations. Whether TBTK Krp will live up to those expectations is yet to be seen, but the company itself remains positive. "We stand by our commitments," said Agzé Sryca on the strict deadline.

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

Kubrick

Postby Aquinas » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:57 am

Aquinas

Postby Rogue » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:35 pm

Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Kubrick » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:54 pm

Wrntu Wrnuke!
Media Network

Chef Knérad Bókkatéz produces hit television show on Jelbic cuisine
Famous chef and owner of restaurant Kshi Krt brings "new age Jelbic cuisine" to the public.

Chef Knérad Bókkatéz in his restaurant in Nachten.

June 4786 – The culinary world of the Jelbosphere is experiencing an upheaval with the soaring popularity of chef Knérad Bókkatéz. The talented chef has previously won awards for his cooking skills and his restaurant Kshi Krt, translated to Luthorian as Little Wolf, has held the three stars of excellence for over ten years now. At the time of receiving his three stars Bókkatéz was the youngest chef ever to achieve the reward, being only 29 years old. Last year however Jakanian chef Emel Mithan beat his record, being only 28 years old. Nonetheless for Bókkatéz such records mean little, “all I wanted was to achieve that before I turned 30, and I managed that, I have nothing but respect for Emel, he is an excellent chef and I remember him fondly when he worked here as a commis six years ago,” he said. Apart from keeping his beloved Kshi Krt at three stars of excellence the chef has opened several other restaurants across the Khaganate and Majatra, while plans are being formed to open an exclusive location in Yingdala as well. “The dream for me is to have one restaurant on every continent with three stars so that the entire world can taste the finest that Jelbic cuisine has to offer.”

The Jelbic kitchen is not known well outside of the Jelbosphere, as traditional cookery on the steppes forces a diet most cultures consider unappetizing. Meat is the primary source of sustenance for the traditional Jelbic, as vegetables are scarce on the steppes. Dairy comes in a close second, as animals are herded to sustain the horde. Then there are the scavengers of the horde that bring in roots, herbs, and other edible plants as well as the rare vegetable that grows in the wild. Foods are cooked on heated stones and in the most creative ways. Meat can be enjoyed stewed, fried, dried, or even salted. Cheese is also immensely popular in the Jelbic world, with goat’s cheese being the most popular of all. Nonetheless this meat-based diet with cheese and a few herbs did little to endear itself to the global audience. Until the arrival of Knérad Bókkatéz, who saw it as his personal mission to make Jelbic cuisine “modern, tasteful and excellent” across the globe. In his television program “Knérad’s Kitchen” the chef, now aged 39, brings his active and unstoppable personality to the screen as he, in unprecedented speed, whips up dish after dish with respect for Jelbic tradition but with a modern flair. Many have noticed the increased use of vegetables in Bókkatéz’s cooking. “To me that is only logical, nowadays we have agriculture and especially amongst us settled Jelbics these things are easy to come by, then of course there is the environment to consider and lastly and to me most importantly, vegetables make a dish. Meat in the traditional way is delicious, but with fresh green produce in it, it becomes excellent.”

Chef Bókkatéz’s cooking has taken the Khaganate by storm and his take of “modern but traditional” fits in perfectly with how the Khaganate has been developing.

Khaganate demands to know whereabouts of Dnkai Amrun from Deltaria
Hostage missing ever since end of hostage crisis as Deltaria keeps identity of killed hostage secret.

Prefect Hkinor Kárak has called for the "immediate return" of Dnkai Amrun from Deltaria.

July 4786 – While many consider the Malivian hostage crisis to be concluded, there is one family who disagrees and potentially there are two families. When the Deltarians dishonourably broke their word to kill the hostage takers they also murdered one of the hostages. While during the crisis Dnkai Amrun, CEO of Amrun Krp and cousin of Bék Grzkai Amrun, was an oft heard about figure due to his rebellious stance within the aeroplane and due to receiving mutilations for the Khaganate refusing to adhere to the terms. After the Deltarian “conclusion” however, Dnkai Amrun has disappeared off the face of the planet. The Deltarian government released a statement that one hostage was killed but failed to disclose the identity of said hostage. For that reason, the Khaganate now demands full clarity from the Deltarians, the government and relatives of mister Amrun wish to know where he is.

“Dnkai never called, his phone is dead, and we can’t reach him, he must be held hostage by the Deltarians now”, said his wife to the press only a few days ago. Minister of Foreign Affairs Obbéz said it was “too soon to draw conclusions” but that the government “remains sceptical of the conclusion of this crisis.” The Deltarian press reported that one hostage was killed by a shot in the head, which has raised further suspicions within the Khaganate. “Heads are relatively small targets, shots by accident are always possible but the odds of a headshot compared to a shot to the chest are relatively small”, said inspector Helna Hizdrüz of the State Police. Hizdrüz, an expert on hostage negotiations and ballistics, remains critical of the Deltarian approach. “Had they met the demands of the hostages, thereby securing the release of the last four hostages, a breach would still have been possible, even then letting them leave with forty million and an escort is a small price to pay. Assuming that they were flying the plane themselves you could simply take it down afterwards. But no, instead the Deltarians chose the high-risk approach which resulted in the untimely death of a hostage.”
Whether the hostage killed was Dnkai Amrun remains a mystery for now, but the Khaganate is expecting answers from Deltaria. Inspector Hizdrüz considers the chance of Amrun being one of the last four hostages “high”. “He was the only Khaganate hostage on the plane and as such held considerable value for the hijackers, furthermore he had agitated them before and perhaps to spite him they kept him as one of the last four. That leaves a one in four chance on whether mister Amrun made it out or not.”

Air Forces primary target for Tanhri's Wrath VII
Jelbe's Air Forces deemed "abysmal" by King Temrkai Think-Tank.

A surplus Vanukean fighter jet pushed into Jelbanian service.

December 4786 – Another year, another exercise. This time around the general staff waited until the winter months to commence the yearly Khaganate exercises. The focus this time was air warfare and the primary focus of the King Temrkai Think-Tank went towards the fighter capabilities of both member states. The infantry were also kept busy as the airborne forces of Vanuku went through intensive exercises in combination with the special forces of Jelbe and Vanuku. The results of the exercise however were, for the first time since its inception seven years ago, unacceptable according to the Chief of Staff Jlekai Mrthotrjrzajad. General Mrthotrjrzajad was promoted last year after the conclusion of Tanhri’s Wrath VI. As Chief of Staff he holds supreme command over the Khaganate’s Armed Forces. A move labelled “progressive” by some within the Khaganate, as most leadership positions are handed to Vanukean officers, Jlekai Mrthotrjrzajad however is a Jelbék. To him it matters not, “I am a Jelbic, regional differences do not matter to me, we all serve the Khagan,” said the General in an interview after his promotion to the highest office of the Khaganate’s Armed Forces.

Nonetheless the fresh Chief of Staff was unhappy with the results. The airborne troops and the special forces, which included the first jumps of the Konzék hrznakigrundnyrjimojetakjrzaé trzy krjuàmijofetak'rzaé Jelbék Hldjezshlajhikoé Brgd (King’s Own) during an exercise, performed admirably and within the “highest expectations of the Khaganate”. Vanuku’s fighters and fighter-bombers performed “adequately” but left “too much space for improvement” according to the critical Chief of Staff. It was Jelbe’s air forces that caused the most disturbance. The entire exercise was once again overseen by officers of the King Temrkai Think-Tank, by origin a Vanukean institution where young innovative and older seasoned officers are collected to review exercises and to draft new theories on warfare. Their report was damning on Jelbe’s air forces as well and not very complimentary of Vanuku’s air forces either. Only the airborne and special forces received praise from the Think-Tank. The Ministry of Defence has pledged a complete overhaul of the Air Forces to ready it for next years exercise. “With tensions across the globe increasing we must assure that we are ready,” said a Defence spokesperson on the issue. As a first step to combatting Jelbe’s inefficiency they were handed surplus Vanukean fighter jets to replace their ageing fleet. The Ministry of Defence believes that the sub-standard performance of the Jelbanian pilots was in part to blame on ageing material.

Economic growth of Vanuku reaches record high, Jelbe's economy shrinks
Genzi Wékj's predictions become fact as cabinet is confronted with painful truth.

February 4787 – Several years ago the esteemed economics professor Genzi Wékj predicted an economic surge for Vanuku at the expense of Jelbe. Now fiction has become fact as the year reports for both Khaganate member states have been published. The numbers for Vanuku have broken records of the recent years, with the report explicitly mentioning the immense growth in the export industry for resources. While Vanuku has a small oil reserve, as well as coal, aluminium and iron it does not possess many of the rare metals that have caused this immense economic growth. Due to the Khaganate construction the firms in Jelbe are extracting the resources and then exporting it through Vanuku. TBTK Krp, the main exporter, has refused to go into a deep discussion on this process and stated that “as a private company we are free to do so” and that “the infrastructure of Vanuku is far better for our business model”. The government in Vanuku has used the profits and growth to invest in the small business sector, it has also invested largely in tourism with the Prefect himself proposing a law to reduce food and beverage prices. “Steps like this will feed our economy and assure that everyone in the Khaganate can enjoy life as it is meant to be,” said Kárak on the law. The law has quickly been dubbed the “Beer Act” by many news media. Overall Vanuku’s economy seems stronger than ever before, Jelbe is not as weak as it has been but if the downward spiral continues the Jelbanian brothers could be in deep trouble.

The cabinet also got a great lamenting in the Grand Council, with several backbenchers questioning the approach. This inner-party rebellion was quelled by other backbenchers who supported the procedures, stating that Vanuku as the “big brother” has to grow to sustain the “little brother”. Professor Wékj responded with harsh tones in a phone interview. “All of you that watched the debate must have noticed how quiet the cabinet was, minister Harif was dodging questions as skilfully as I have ever seen a politician do so. It reinforces my belief that this was a set-up, Jelbe was always going to take the fall to help grow Vanuku. And you won’t hear the Jelbanian government complain about that, they owe their cushy jobs to those in Wiel.” A government spokesperson refused to comment on the situation, stating that questions were answered at the debate.

Kubrick

Postby Rogue » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:52 am

Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Kubrick » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:31 pm

Wrntu Wrnuke!
Media Network

SSA to open official investigation, Amrun estate demands 40 million
“They murdered him while promising a peaceful ending, I want my husband back.”

Klune Amrun, 51, now lives alone, her children are attending university.

January 4788 – The State Security Agency has chosen to open an official investigation in the death of Dnkai Amrun and has requested Deltaria to open their files and deliver witnesses and suspects. Director Ráhklárz is hoping on “full cooperation” but has his doubts. “Tensions between the Khaganate and Deltaria have always been high, there is a history between our nations, but here today the Deltarians have the chance to usher in a new era of mutual respect and honesty. That is why we have requested their full cooperation to clear their name, the people of the Khaganate are suspicious that the only Jelbic passenger on the flight was shot by Deltarians. I am not one to judge these suspicions, but I do wish to investigate them.” said the Director. The ambassador of Deltaria in Wiel refused to comment, asking for patience, “our government will respond when they are ready to respond.”

Meanwhile mrs. Klune Amrun, the widow of Dnkai Amrun, has put out a plea to Deltaria. “Bring back my husband to me, the innocent loving man you murdered,” she said in a public statement. Her lawyers are looking into suing the Deltarian state for damages. When the kidnapping of Dnkai Amrun was announced the stocks of Amrun Krp took a dive and now, with their CEO dead, the company is struggling financially. “Mr. Amrun cared for every employee as if they were family, right now the board of directors overseeing the company in his absence is forced to let people go to keep paying the bills. The incident in which mr. Amrun sadly perished has caused great damages to his company and employees, as such we seek damages to find a resolution in which we can uphold the standards of mr. Amrun in his own company. For now, the team of lawyers is looking into the technicalities of a lawsuit against a foreign state, but the legal team hopes Deltaria will give in by itself. “They already had the money to pay the hijackers, why not use it for a good cause?”

Vanuku’s Grand Prix, the Hldjezprx Wrnuke, secures state funding
Secretary of Sports & Entertainment Hillesko Aws glad to see Formula 1 return.

The new Formula 1 series features sleeker, wider cars aimed to forge “exciting racing”.

June 4788 – Sagzi Dojan, the President of Vanuku’s Formula 1 Association, has announced that they have secured state funding for Vanuku’s Grand Prix. “The Hldjezprx Wrnuke will be held with state support, something we are very proud to announce,” said Dojan. For several years it seemed unsure whether the government would support the expensive project, deemed as a “vanity fanfare” by some critics. The cabinet however saw it differently. The Secretary of Sports & Entertainment, who works closely with Minister Anzlék and Baokrt, personally oversaw the procedures. “Within the cabinet we are always looking for more sports to get off the ground, most of the time these are smaller local projects but something as prestigious as a Formula 1 race, it just had to happen,” said Secretary Aws. “The funding required was hefty but thanks to the help of my colleagues within the cabinet it all came together.” The full amount that the grand prix will cost has not been disclosed but some rumours state the amount may go up to 250 million Marks, an exorbitant amount according to backbencher Baron Mrjkai Hyeon. “I have organized many events during my career in the private sector and for the state to just throw this kind of money at a risky event like this, to me it seems irresponsible,” said the Baron on the funding. The cabinet however maintains that it is a low risk, “Formula 1 is a popular sport and this will attract even more tourists, the marketing value of this already pays the bills, plus I am told the Khagan himself is a big motorsports fan and will personally bless the Hldjezprx.” said Secretary Aws.

For many years Formula 1 has been the pinnacle of motorsport, with many teams competing within a tight set of rules to create the most competitive racing car in the world. In recent times however races have mostly been cancelled or gone under the radar, with fewer teams competing. Under guidance of the FORIWC, who have been closely cooperating with the Khaganate, Formula 1 is back on the map. In the new season there will be a conservative amount of 14 races. Though there are fewer races than before there are a staggering 28 cars competing for the coveted title of World Champion. Only time will tell who will seize this prestigious prize.

“Drinking Vacations” exceedingly popular in Vanuku
Kárak’s “Beer Act” has ‘unforeseen’ consequences for tourism sector.

Drunk tourists, mostly younger people, in the busy downtown “clubbing street” of Wiel.

September 4788 – In February of last year the cabinet, headed by Prefect Kárak, introduced a new law to artificially lower food and beverage costs for consumers. The intent of the law was to make the cost of living for people across the Khaganate lower and to give the public another incentive to eat out instead of in their own homes. The bill was dubbed the “Beer Act” by media outlets as many keenly observed that pub-goers would experience the most benefit of this law. Whereas a pint of pilsner used to cost an average of 15 Marks in downtown Wiel, the subsidies have brought this down to 9 Marks. A consequence, unintended but not unwelcome, is that many youths from across Majatra now holiday to Vanuku for a cheap drinking week.

The government has been “pleasantly surprised” by the development. “We did realize it was something that might occur, yes, cities like Wiel, Prinsenaard, Bartletstad, and Banstill all have flourishing old city centres with lots of pubs, clubs and restaurants, not to mention their close proximity to the sunny beaches,” said Minister Hillesko Anzlék of Environment & Tourism. “Nonetheless we see this as a positive development, we aimed for more tourists and here they are.” When questioned on the bawdy behaviour of the youths the Minister was firm, “they will have to conduct themselves in an orderly manner, I have been in close contact with Minister Ubajd (Ministry of Justice) and she has assured us that extra police forces will be available in the evenings and nights. Clubs in Vanuku are notorious for their lack of a closing hour, a policy most cities maintain. This however has caused parties to go on until the early mornings, something that has annoyed inhabitants of these cities in the past. Nonetheless the Minister seemed confident that the effects are good for all Vanukeans. “These people are fuelling our economy!” he said in a closing statement.

Kubrick

PreviousNext

Return to National News