Requests: Forum Based Countries - FBCs [RPC]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Third World Control Requests

Postby NuclearGandhi69 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:36 pm

Hey,
I would like to request control of New Englia. My plans would be to RP a civil war following an attempt by a Luthorian Nationalist Party kinda like the National Movement in Luthor. The groups involved would be The Government and a wide range of rebel groups. Following the civil war a new democracy will be established. Much of the early years of the new Government would be spent rebuilding the nation and economy. After I'm not sure, depends on what is happening in Terra.
NuclearGandhi69

Postby jamescfm » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:08 pm

NuclearGandhi69 wrote:Hey,
I would like to request control of New Englia. My plans would be to RP a civil war following an attempt by a Luthorian Nationalist Party kinda like the National Movement in Luthor. The groups involved would be The Government and a wide range of rebel groups. Following the civil war a new democracy will be established. Much of the early years of the new Government would be spent rebuilding the nation and economy. After I'm not sure, depends on what is happening in Terra.

We'll talk about it and get back to you soon.
jamescfm

Postby NuclearGandhi69 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

Hey,

Sure thanks
NuclearGandhi69

Postby Auditorii » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:39 pm

NuclearGandhi69 wrote:
Hey,

Sure thanks

I have to review this and I'll get back to you.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:30 pm

Liukupukki wrote:Hey,

I'd like to request control over Bianjie. My plans would be to RP the fall of the Khanate.The current Khan would pass away, and the new ruler to be proven incompetent. The Nation would fall into chaos and revolts against the new Khan. The Khan would then be deposed and a new monarch to be voted in place by the people. The new monarchy would establish a People's Republic and make the nation into a one party state, (taking inspiration from Korea DPR) The ultimate goals of the People's Republic of Bianjie would be to spread communist ideas across the continent and unionize and boost trade with other communist nations.

Moderation has discussed this among ourselves and with Pragma, the Third World Coordinator. In general we would prefer to move away from the recurring crisis narrative in the Third World whereby the countries are constantly involved in civil wars and other political instability in favour of long-term development of the political and cultural background of the countries. With that said it is our view that some role-play is better than none so we are going to approve this request with the qualification that we would recommend reconsidering the narrative that you have proposed to incorporate the aforementioned remarks.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:45 pm

The description for the cultural background of New Englia has been updated to reflect the history of the country following some confusion a couple of months ago. In short, there is no historical connection between New Englia and Luthori. Like with the previous request we are looking to encourage players to invest in proper development of the Third World countries rather than repeating the recurring crisis narratives that have tended to dominate over the past few years. In light of the update we would like to hear a revised version of your plan before making a decision on it.
jamescfm

Postby Liukupukki » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:49 am

jamescfm wrote:

I'd like to request control over Bianjie. My plans would be to RP the fall of the Khanate.The current Khan would pass away, and the new ruler to be proven incompetent. The Nation would fall into chaos and revolts against the new Khan. The Khan would then be deposed and a new monarch to be voted in place by the people. The new monarchy would establish a People's Republic and make the nation into a one party state, (taking inspiration from Korea DPR) The ultimate goals of the People's Republic of Bianjie would be to spread communist ideas across the continent and unionize and boost trade with other communist nations.

Moderation has discussed this among ourselves and with Pragma, the Third World Coordinator. In general we would prefer to move away from the recurring crisis narrative in the Third World whereby the countries are constantly involved in civil wars and other political instability in favour of long-term development of the political and cultural background of the countries. With that said it is our view that some role-play is better than none so we are going to approve this request with the qualification that we would recommend reconsidering the narrative that you have proposed to incorporate the aforementioned remarks.

So, I'm approved if I don't RP any revolts or chaos?
Your friendly neighborhood Lube bottle. Contact me on discord rather than on forums. > Liukupukki#2896
Liukupukki

Postby Liukupukki » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:08 am

jamescfm wrote:

So, Would this be a better plan that I could install the new monarch:

The monarch dies like in my original idea, and the incompetent ruler is the next legitimate heir, but instead of revolts and chaos, the people would protest against him, and he would let the people vote for the next monarch. he would be so sure that the bloodline would keep on going and the next legitimate heir would be elected, but instead they would elect my new proposed dynasty. Then he would legitimately be elected, without need for a civil war or a political crisis
Your friendly neighborhood Lube bottle. Contact me on discord rather than on forums. > Liukupukki#2896
Liukupukki

Postby jamescfm » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:29 am

You're approved. Although we would prefer that you spent some time investing in the cultural and political background of the country rather than role-playing upheaval and political instability, we are not going to compel you to do that. You are free to make a judgement for yourself but feel free to drop one of us a message if you want to chat about it.
jamescfm

Postby NuclearGandhi69 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:27 pm

jamescfm wrote:

The description for the cultural background of New Englia has been updated to reflect the history of the country following some confusion a couple of months ago. In short, there is no historical connection between New Englia and Luthori. Like with the previous request we are looking to encourage players to invest in proper development of the Third World countries rather than repeating the recurring crisis narratives that have tended to dominate over the past few years. In light of the update we would like to hear a revised version of your plan before making a decision on it.

I can't any information on New Englia in the past century or recent times so don't really know what to RP. If you where I could find the info then I will gladly rewrite my RP plan.
NuclearGandhi69

PreviousNext

Return to Requests