Requests: Cultural Protocols - CPs [M]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Cultural Protocol Queries (Approvals/Violations/Open)

Postby jamescfm » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:50 am

Independent P wrote:Cultural Protocol Updated for the Country of Hobrazia.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=639665

Approved. Please ensure you post a clearly titled bill in the debate section with the new cultural protocol and that it links to the original (passed) bill as well as this Moderation approval.
jamescfm

Postby robmark0000 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:03 am

As my 1000th post, I am ready to open a new era of Endralon through Cultural Protocols :mrgreen:

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=639804

Thank you in advance.
Information: Player Profile here, Musical Profile here, Political Compass here.
World Congress Coordinator

"Only the Young can run. So run, and run, and run!" ~ Taylor Swift
robmark0000

Location: Hungary / Magyarország (my liberal soul is in prison here, big big sadness)

Postby jamescfm » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:10 am

robmark0000 wrote:As my 1000th post, I am ready to open a new era of Endralon through Cultural Protocols :mrgreen:

Thank you in advance.

This would create a new cultural protocol in a culturally open country. As per the Game Rules, there will now be forty-eight hours for players to offer comment on the proposal before it can be approved.
jamescfm

Postby robmark0000 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:40 pm

jamescfm wrote:This would create a new cultural protocol in a culturally open country. As per the Game Rules, there will now be forty-eight hours for players to offer comment on the proposal before it can be approved.

Sure.
Information: Player Profile here, Musical Profile here, Political Compass here.
World Congress Coordinator

"Only the Young can run. So run, and run, and run!" ~ Taylor Swift
robmark0000

Location: Hungary / Magyarország (my liberal soul is in prison here, big big sadness)

Postby jamescfm » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:18 pm

robmark0000 wrote:As my 1000th post, I am ready to open a new era of Endralon through Cultural Protocols :mrgreen:

Thank you in advance.

Approved. Please ensure you post a clearly titled bill in the debate section with the new cultural protocol and that it links to the original bill as it was passed as well as this Moderation approval. Note that you will need to pass a bill changing the name of the country to an appropriate language, now that you have a cultural protocol.
jamescfm

Postby ReformedEndralon » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:05 pm

I have proposed and passed an updated Cultural Protocols for Kizenia and New Endralon with changes based upon recent Roleplayed posts on the forum and various proposals passed by the legislature. The updated Protocols are below;

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=640803

Please advise on whether or not they have passed the standard required. Many thanks.
ReformedEndralon

Postby ChitinKal » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:23 pm

ReformedEndralon wrote:I have proposed and passed an updated Cultural Protocols for Kizenia and New Endralon with changes based upon recent Roleplayed posts on the forum and various proposals passed by the legislature. The updated Protocols are below;

Please advise on whether or not they have passed the standard required. Many thanks.

We'll discuss this and get back to you
RP Controller of Liore
Fronto de Aŭgustana Vekiĝo (Zardugal) (Inactive) link
Mare Unitu (Keymon) (Inactive) link
Ár Náisiún (Kirlawa) (Inactive) link
National Conservative Party (Kalistan) (Inactive) link
ChitinKal

Postby ChitinKal » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:31 pm

ChitinKal wrote:
ReformedEndralon wrote:I have proposed and passed an updated Cultural Protocols for Kizenia and New Endralon with changes based upon recent Roleplayed posts on the forum and various proposals passed by the legislature. The updated Protocols are below;

We'll discuss this and get back to you

To clarify, under section 7.2 of the game rules, this request will be left open for 48 hours so that members of the community can offer feedback before Moderation makes a decision.
RP Controller of Liore
Fronto de Aŭgustana Vekiĝo (Zardugal) (Inactive) link
Mare Unitu (Keymon) (Inactive) link
Ár Náisiún (Kirlawa) (Inactive) link
National Conservative Party (Kalistan) (Inactive) link
ChitinKal

Postby jamescfm » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:39 pm

The religion section of this cultural protocol is somewhat confusingly assembled. In my opinion it goes into too much detail about the religious background to the country and should be reduced down to the core information that a new player would need if they wanted to play in Kizenia and New Endralon. Some of the distinctions are not really explained in out-of-character terms either.

The new numbers for Hosian denominations should probably require justification too. In previous role-play, it was suggested that the communities were generally divided along religious lines such that (broadly speaking) Kizenians were associated with the TPC, New Endralonians with Luthoranism and Kuzaki with Amelioritism. I don't think it is necessarily the case that this has to be respected (since it is not codified in the cultural protocol) but it would be worth considering that these numbers don't seem to reflect that. Furthermore there are no real-life equivalents presented for any of the languages in the cultural protocol.
jamescfm

Postby ReformedEndralon » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:10 am

jamescfm wrote:

The religion section of this cultural protocol is somewhat confusingly assembled. In my opinion it goes into too much detail about the religious background to the country and should be reduced down to the core information that a new player would need if they wanted to play in Kizenia and New Endralon. Some of the distinctions are not really explained in out-of-character terms either.

The new numbers for Hosian denominations should probably require justification too. In previous role-play, it was suggested that the communities were generally divided along religious lines such that (broadly speaking) Kizenians were associated with the TPC, New Endralonians with Luthoranism and Kuzaki with Amelioritism. I don't think it is necessarily the case that this has to be respected (since it is not codified in the cultural protocol) but it would be worth considering that these numbers don't seem to reflect that. Furthermore there are no real-life equivalents presented for any of the languages in the cultural protocol.

Thank you for the feedback. I'd mostly disagree.

The religious section is organised by denomation. I'd argue the previous Cultural Protocols were organised too simplistically for religion, hence why there are now a greater range of religious minorities, which has been RPd on the forum and in various legislative proposals and these are all references in the debate section. Additional links have been provided to the particracy wiki where appropriate. The religious division along ethnic lines has been kept and has been referenced with a statement on what language each religious group speak, you'll see the tripartite split has been largely maintained with each ethnic group mostly adhering to the three primary denominations (wiki links provided that also emphasise) but with more room for minority denominations.

Regarding the real life equivalents for languages, all of these are already mentioned for the ethnic groups. I hope a new player would be able to work this out relatively easily. There should be any suggestion that the Kizenian ethnic group (labelled as Romanian) is different from the Kizenian linguistic group.

But thank you for the feedback. What do the Mods say?
ReformedEndralon

PreviousNext

Return to Requests