Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Feedback: Population Information

Postby jrandle8 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:09 pm

I believe Yingdala should be at or a little bit above 300 million.
民族自由黨 (Yu Imperial Union) in Yingdala & House of Yu Clan (Inactive)
民族自由黨 (United Nationalist Federation) in Dankuk (Active)
jrandle8

Postby colonelvesica » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:56 pm

Drax wrote:Thought Badara determination was right.

Excellent!
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby colonelvesica » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:56 pm

jrandle8 wrote:I believe Yingdala should be at or a little bit above 300 million.

Whats a million or two... I've fixed it as such
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby jellybean » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:05 pm

colonelvesica wrote:
jellybean wrote:Thank you for updating the population numbers!

I think Hobrazia should be closer to 63-65 million. The nation has had a stable political system and growing economy for some time now, and the government has explicitly pursued population growth and legally encourages it.

Define "for some time". There are nations on there that have been stable for the past 200 years that only got a 5% increase in their population. I don't mind ever increasing or decreasing population based on Role Play, but I do need to see the Role play behind it.

I linked two posts discussing initiatives to increase population, which have come after roleplay encouraging refugees to return. In addition, through in-game variables the nation actively promotes population growth and guarantees a child benefit to all families.
jellybean

Postby colonelvesica » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:13 pm

jellybean wrote:
colonelvesica wrote:
jellybean wrote:Thank you for updating the population numbers!

I think Hobrazia should be closer to 63-65 million. The nation has had a stable political system and growing economy for some time now, and the government has explicitly pursued population growth and legally encourages it.

Define "for some time". There are nations on there that have been stable for the past 200 years that only got a 5% increase in their population. I don't mind ever increasing or decreasing population based on Role Play, but I do need to see the Role play behind it.

I linked two posts discussing initiatives to increase population, which have come after roleplay encouraging refugees to return. In addition, through in-game variables the nation actively promotes population growth and guarantees a child benefit to all families.

It's extremely recent Role Play, which to me wouldn't have had a huge impact on your population yet. However I do believe I increased it by a full 10% which was the absolute maximum I going for nations that were active.

Keep up such policies though, and in the next advancement, you'll absolutely see a major larger increase, if it's okay.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby imperialpearl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:20 pm

Sorry, I wasn't able to comment on this during the initial open consultation phase. I wasn't in Keymon and didn't think it was right to add to that especially if the players who were in Keymon at the time had not known of the entire process.

I think Keymon is in store for a population increase mainly due to accepting refugees around the time of the Hobrazian and Pontesian RP events.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7036&start=740#p169472
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7036&start=740#p170106
imperialpearl

Postby colonelvesica » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:23 pm

imperialpearl wrote:Sorry, I wasn't able to comment on this during the initial open consultation phase. I wasn't in Keymon and didn't think it was right to add to that especially if the players who were in Keymon at the time had not known of the entire process.

I think Keymon is in store for a population increase mainly due to accepting refugees around the time of the Hobrazian and Pontesian RP events.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7036&start=740#p169472
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7036&start=740#p170106

Had almost forgotten about that. I've added 2 million (1.2 million from Pontesi & 800K from Hobrazia) to Keymon's population.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Zanz » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:59 pm

Is there any sort of before and after available? I am having trouble finding what anything was, so not sure how I could comment on how things look.

That said, I have a question about this:

colonelvesica wrote:However I do believe I increased it by a full 10% which was the absolute maximum I going for nations that were active.

Is this a major criteria in the decision? What are the criteria used in the decisions? Who makes the decisions (I ask because you very clearly use "I" rather than "we" in the post, so I assume at least this time it was specifically only Vesica who did the update?).

Most importantly, are these populations optional/advisory, or are they enforced? The OP in this thread implies they're similar to the Rankings, but the OP was written back when rankings were compulsory, so I'm curious as to whether this is something I have to accept or if I could choose to RP Jelbe as much more empty, for instance?

Lots of questions - and they probably hint at my concern - everyone posting here has asked for an increase - which makes me worry that this is seen as another number to try and bump upward whenever possible. I'm very curious to understand how exactly we are meant to interact with this information, and to know more about how it's arrived at.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby colonelvesica » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:40 pm

Zanz wrote:Is there any sort of before and after available? I am having trouble finding what anything was, so not sure how I could comment on how things look.

That said, I have a question about this:

colonelvesica wrote:However I do believe I increased it by a full 10% which was the absolute maximum I going for nations that were active.

Is this a major criteria in the decision? What are the criteria used in the decisions? Who makes the decisions (I ask because you very clearly use "I" rather than "we" in the post, so I assume at least this time it was specifically only Vesica who did the update?).

Most importantly, are these populations optional/advisory, or are they enforced? The OP in this thread implies they're similar to the Rankings, but the OP was written back when rankings were compulsory, so I'm curious as to whether this is something I have to accept or if I could choose to RP Jelbe as much more empty, for instance?

Lots of questions - and they probably hint at my concern - everyone posting here has asked for an increase - which makes me worry that this is seen as another number to try and bump upward whenever possible. I'm very curious to understand how exactly we are meant to interact with this information, and to know more about how it's arrived at.

Let's go in order shall we.

Activity traditionally shows growth in the nation, which is why I used it as a benchmark. But all nations recieved a 5% increase in general, just to overall increase the world's population. Other then that, only nations that sought specific increases, to reflect population growth programs or immigration, were moved up to a greater or lesser amount. As you can see from most of the feedback a lot of it had to do with personal preferences, and whether or not greater urbanization programs would have had an impact on population growth. As usual, it comes down to Role Play.

In this cycle, I made the chief decisions, though they were discussed with Chitin on my plans for it. In the next go, I expect Chitin and I, and whomever the Third Moderator and FBC Coordinator are at the time, would all jointly weigh in on them.

In regards to the option/compulsory; I'll note the "Official" Numbers is the firm 100 million on the game itself as Game Mechanics still reign supreme. While there has been conversations with Wouter adjusting the real in game populations to reflect these numbers to make them game official, nothing ever came of the conversation as far as I'm aware, though I can certainly bring it up again, even if only to find out how difficult it would be or something he would even contemplate.

In regards to wanting a lower population number, similar to the rankings when you could request a lower ranking, if you feel your nation should be significantly less populated then is represented, then I would of course be willing to modify your population. If you feel Jelbe should have a much lower population; just give me a number of course.

I'll state Zanz, you never need to worry about ever asking too many questions, that's why these feedback threads exist.

What you do with it is entirely up to you; I don't plan on using these numbers to impact or influence the rankings at all; I don't calculate nation's GDPs or anything nor I don't calculate how many men and women nations have in uniform. The one thing I'm trying to do with these numbers is not have Terra become like it was in the late 2900s, when I think the total population of the game was like 11 or 12 billion.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:35 am

I think we agreed upon this earlier but I think personally that Dolgava should have a bit more in terms of population. It isn't the richest country sure, but after 250 stable years I think that it would be going up a bit more than 38 million? Just my opinion though
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback