Compulsory Voting

Propose and review new legislative variables for the game.

Compulsory Voting

Postby yacoded » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:02 pm

I don't know if the moderators can do this, but I envision this to be the Government's response to elections and voting. Either it is mandatory that everyone votes, or it is left the way it is.

OPTIONS:
-Voters must vote in any election regarding Parliament, The Executive and Local Government
-Voters must vote in any election regarding Parliament and The Executive, Voting for Local Government issues are optional
-Voting is optional (default)
The Liberal Party of Meiru
Ensuring fairness for all Meiruvians
yacoded

Re: Compulsory Voting

Postby eadvveard » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:38 am

Considering the number of nations with compulsory voting in the real world, I think this is would be a good addition. You could also add a few more options to reflect real world positions on this matter. For example, many of the countries that have compulsory voting don't strictly enforce it (ie legally someone who doesn't vote could face 6 months in prison, but such penalties are rarely enforced).
eadvveard

Postby GreekIdiot » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:04 pm

This effects the game in a more mechanic way, unless I'm totally incorrect about it. So most unlikely to implement. (although in a more fictional way it could be possible)
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Darvian » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:17 pm

GreekIdiot wrote:This effects the game in a more mechanic way, unless I'm totally incorrect about it. So most unlikely to implement. (although in a more fictional way it could be possible)

This is accurate. In so far as our powers go, we can not impose voter turnout or control that. As a variable with political consequences/ideological shifts, etc....it's worth it for that, sure.
Darvian

Postby Frizzlemonkey3000 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:47 pm

If moderation could somehow get that to effect voting, this would be great.
Frizzlemonkey3000

Postby Axxell » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:13 pm

I don't think it is possible modify the code so that every elections will show such high vote figure. well... I'm sure this is impossible.

However, i think it is possible introduce such law so to affect the parties.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Return to Laws