Regarding the Trial of the Saiser

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Regarding the Trial of the Saiser

Postby Malleovic » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:41 am

A joint statement by the Free States of Athlorcaea's current Head of State, Andrew Welter, the current Head of Government, Edward Welter, and the former Minister of Justice, James Narragansett:

"In light of recent events concerning the upcoming trial of the Saiser, including several improper statements by hopeful members of the prosecution, the executive government of the Free State of Athlorcaea is withdrawing all support for the upcoming trial. Minister Narragansett is hereby recalled from his advisory position to the court, as are all members of the Athlorcaean Ministry of Justice. Athlorcaea does not endorse this trial, or any processes or nominations involved with its functions. Members of the Athlorcaean government are barred from participating in the trial."

[OOC: This means exactly what it sounds like. No-one is permitted to RP people from the Athlorcaean Ministry of Justice or other ministries without the support of the Athlorcaean government, so find some other nationality or government to draw your prosecutors or trial officials from. The government of the FSA is not taking part. ]
Malleovic

Re: Regarding the Trial of the Saiser

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:51 am

OOC: Whatever. It's not our fault you woke up late. The location that was used for the prosecution's origin did not in any way imply anything for anyone, and was used merely for the purpose of setting aside any Kalopian representatives.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Malleovic » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:53 am

[OOC: And not ours that you took liberties with officials not under your jurisdiction. ]
Malleovic

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:55 am

OOC: Yeah, I deeply wanted to offend your government. That was my initial purpose, to destroy the image of Athlorcaea when I ARBITRARILY picked the specific location for the prosecutor's origin.

edit; but, your needs have been met. I have changed it.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby Malleovic » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:10 am

George S.K wrote:OOC: Yeah, I deeply wanted to offend your government. That was my initial purpose, to destroy the image of Athlorcaea when I ARBITRARILY picked the specific location for the prosecutor's origin.

[OOC: I'm sorry you feel so strongly that you've been wronged, but its a question of sovereignty. The citizens of Athorcaea and their government really aren't particularly interested in pursuing the Saiser, considering the events in question took place almost a century ago and Athlorcaea already healed those wounds with the Athlorcaean restoration movement. If the international community demands blood, so be it, that's their prerogative. But Athlorcaea does not, so for its officials to be involved in this process is completely against the spirit of our nation and would inaccurately represent our priorities. ]
Malleovic

Postby Mr.Yankees » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:25 am

Malleovic wrote:
George S.K wrote:OOC: Yeah, I deeply wanted to offend your government. That was my initial purpose, to destroy the image of Athlorcaea when I ARBITRARILY picked the specific location for the prosecutor's origin.

[OOC:I'm sorry you feel so strongly that you've been wronged, but its a question of sovereignty. The citizens of Athorcaea and their government really aren't particularly interested in pursuing the Saiser, considering the events in question took place almost a century ago and Athlorcaea already healed those wounds with the Athlorcaean restoration movement. If the international community demands blood, so be it, that's their prerogative. But Athlorcaea does not, so for its officials to be involved in this process is completely against the spirit of our nation and would inaccurately represent our priorities. ]

It was my understanding that your government was the one who brought the Saiser to justice and asked for the international trial. I will say this as clearly as possible, what the hell is going on with you people? Can't you get things straightened out before they happened? Malleovic, I have no idea if you were informed or not. Either way, I don't care. I only have one problem with this: why didn't you say anything before this officially started?

George, could you further explain what the hell is the problem now because I don't understand what the fuss is all about and it is starting to piss me off. There is always a problem when someone tries to RP something even though it has been out there for the last three weeks.

Malleovic, do not take this as being offensive, I am simply stating the facts.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:40 am

No problem. I'm just seeing the funny side of things. :lol:
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby Malleovic » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:38 am

Mr.Yankees wrote:
Malleovic wrote:

[OOC:I'm sorry you feel so strongly that you've been wronged, but its a question of sovereignty. The citizens of Athorcaea and their government really aren't particularly interested in pursuing the Saiser, considering the events in question took place almost a century ago and Athlorcaea already healed those wounds with the Athlorcaean restoration movement. If the international community demands blood, so be it, that's their prerogative. But Athlorcaea does not, so for its officials to be involved in this process is completely against the spirit of our nation and would inaccurately represent our priorities. ]

It was my understanding that your government was the one who brought the Saiser to justice and asked for the international trial. I will say this as clearly as possible, what the hell is going on with you people? Can't you get things straightened out before they happened? Malleovic, I have no idea if you were informed or not. Either way, I don't care. I only have one problem with this: why didn't you say anything before this officially started?

George, could you further explain what the hell is the problem now because I don't understand what the fuss is all about and it is starting to piss me off. There is always a problem when someone tries to RP something even though it has been out there for the last three weeks.

Malleovic, do not take this as being offensive, I am simply stating the facts.

[OOC: We made it very clear early on that the Athlorcaean government wanted no part of this trial. Maybe the Saiserists first post about the trial confused you, but we attempted to "get things straightened out" and it appears we were ignored. There's only so much we can do to let you all know, but if you don't pay attention we accept no responsibility for your problems down the road. The post we made was pretty clear about our position. I have no sympathy for your complaints if you just ignored our clear expression of our country's feelings early on.

Frankly, I'm not offended. I'm disappointed that as soon as we voice a legitimate concern (which we expressed, as you desired, AT THE BEGINNING), the community starts whining in unison about something WE TOLD THEM ABOUT.]
Malleovic

Postby Mr.Yankees » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:19 am

Hey, hold it there. Don't blame me either for this. I have nothing to do with what happened. I know you made your statement at the beginning and everything. It was not ignored, at least not by me. There are two problems I have with what happened. First, it had been discussed by the other participants that your country would probably be selected as the one where George's character would be based from. That debate is almost a week old ( viewtopic.php?f=13&t=60&start=100 ). Plenty of time for you to clear everything up. Second part is that you no longer control the Ministry of Justice but are still asserting control over it. I don't know how things work in your country, so I won't make a big deal out of it.

Honestly, I congratulate you for raising your voice on something you thought was unfair but there was no need to make a big deal out of it, especially once the trial had already started. The reason I even commented on this "issue" is that it truly pissed me off. I gave everyone two weeks to sort everything out and once I decide to finally start it, someone raises another "issue."

Hope you understand.

George, just find another country. Just pick one from the list given to you, make sure to ask for permission, and let's just move on.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby JuliaAJA » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:13 pm

I offer up Beiteynu, I control 4/5 of the regions and would be HoS, but forgot a candidate.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Return to World Events