Hutori

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Bekenial Dispatch

Postby chamon » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:10 am

GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCES SUPPORT FOR JAKANIAN MONARCHISTS

The new Hutorian government, comprised of the Hutorian Conservative and Progressive Conservative Parties have announced by means of a vote in the Hutorian House of Parliament that Hutori will no longer be supporting the Jakanian Republicans. Instead the new government has changed the policy of helping the republican movement - started by the United Leftsit Front - who pledged financial and military support to the republicans. The new HCP Prime Minister has made it clear that Hutori will now support the cause of the Monarchists. The PM was speaking to HCP supporters at an event in Bekenial,

As far as Hutori is concerned, we support all Monarchies across Terra and we do not wish to see any ousted from power. Hutori believes in the divine right of Kings to rule over their people and the same applies to Jakania. It is with that, that we are withdrawing all financial and military aid pledged to the Jakanian rebels by the previous government and we now voice our support for the rightful ruler of the Jakanian state; Supreme Governor Syed I Al Amun. Hutori will - at this present time - not pledge troops or financial support the the Jakanian Monarchists but we do believe his cause is just and proper. We fully support the rightful King clamping down on dissent in Jakania as per the law of treason. We strobgly condemn the actions of the Republicans as illegal and urge them to stop their frivolous struggle against the rightful ruler of the Jakanian state. Thank you.

This statement from the new Prime Minister, Andrew Vine is a strong message to the international community that Hutori will stand by Monarchies of all natures. This is in line with recent Hutorian foreign policy and it would seem that the HCP/PCP coalition will be not be intervening directly into the affairs of the Jakanian state but will certainly issue statements in support of the King of Jakania - and increase pressure on the republican movement.
chamon

Postby eob422 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:42 pm

HUTORIAN CONSERVATIVE PARTY GONE FROM HUTORI; UNITED LEFTIST FRONT TAKES OVER

Bekenial, Adelia---Parliamentary Press Corps.:

After the Election in 3185, the presiding United Leftist Front of Hutori held onto the most seats in Parliament, but they could not hold to enough seats to keep the Hutorian Conservative Party (the biggest winner in the election) to team up with their first-mate party the Progressive Conservative Party from making a cabinet. While questions arise to the fact that the then-Leader Vine ignored Constitutional Procedure and formed a cabinet ahead of the Prime Minster's opportunity to create a cabinet, many ignored the gesture, as political correctness was thrown out the window after the United Leftist Front arrived to Hutori. They two-party quickly began working to reverse the legislation passed by the United Leftist Front. The former Prime Minister then moved to the heated issue of sending military personnel to the United Jakania Democratic Party, as they attempted to overthrow the monarchy in United Jakania. Former Prime Minister Edward O'Brien promised a bounty of help just before his term expired, and it never came to fruition since the military never began to prep because Vine promised to retract the pledge once elected.

However, as of May 3186, the Hutorian Conservative Party was no longer recognized by the government, and they were forced to step down. This comes after Vine made a bill asking for all United Leftist Front leaders (including O'Brien) to be arrested for treason against the monarchy, as well a law outlawing the Front from Hutori and removing them from governmental privileges. In essence, Vine and his cabinet had tried to commit governmental genocide against O'Brien and his Leftists, and the people would have no part of it. The international community has reveled in favor of O'Brien, with many people in Hutori callin for O'Brien and his former cabinet to take the leadership back. In the true essence of Hutorian politics, O'Brien bluntly motioned for a cabinet re-formation, and the Front began unoffically leading the nation, withdrawing from treaties that were deemed "frivolous", as O'Brien put it. O'Brien, because of the unique position he is in, has been in contact with his cabinet members from his previous administration, and is closely monitoring the situation in Jakania. He has supported the people and Leader Nicholas Davidson in their quest for freedom. O'Brien hinted at the idea of taking care He has hinted at some housecleaning in the area of the monarchy, stating that he, "belives that the monarchy needs to justify their existence before the people of Hutori ask him to justify his existence". As of right now, O'Brien plans to scrap the 2nd Imperial Constitution of Hutori, and start fresh. "Hutori needs to join the rest of the world, and this means liberating the peoples, and working with other Leftist nations (like Jakania) to ensure that around Terra people can live freely".

O'Brien looked to the world in his last press conference. "If you are willing to play nice with the Left, then Hutori (as long as I'm here) will protect you. The world has waited for Hutori to join the in on the big dog league, and this is Hutori's chance to grow up and become an active member in the international community. I look forward to hearing from leaders fo Leftist nations as we look to make new alliances and traties. As for the people of Hutori, look to Jakania as a source of inspiration. Mr. Davidson has certainly inspired me to become a better leader, and I hope he will inspire the rest of you to always question a monarchy that does nothing but live off of your hard earned money and do what they want. I am here for you, and if we can work together, then we can make this the greatest nation in the world."

O'Brien greeting supporters on his way to the capital to file for the cabinet reformation.

The current room for cabinet members and the Prime Minister, most of whom have lost power or have been asked to leave.

People in the streets rejoicing after the announcement of the Hutorian Conservative Party no longer having a say in government. Many people had called for O'Brien to immediately take back of Parliament.

Soldiers marching into the Streets of Jakania upon getting word that O'Brien promised to send militias and assets to the civil-war-torn nation. They were in pursuit of the headquarters of the rebel operation and to officially acknowledge Nicholas Davidson as Commander in Chief of the Hutorian Armed Forces.
eob422

Postby Austrur » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:04 pm

Liberals Utterly Crushed
The Imperial Democrats have seized the Premiership for the first time in the Party's history, and removed the Liberal from power

Adelia (Bekenial Dispatch) - The Imperial Democrats, a party thought to be long gone from Hutorian politics has returned in what has been deemed by several political analysts as triumphant. The party was revived less than two years ago by Maria Köner after having faded for over forty years. The party's return coincided with the recent General elections held in February 3196 which saw a rapid turn around in the fortunes of the leftist parties of Hutori.

The United Leftist Front has threatened the age-old monarchy of Hutori as well as the tradition and culture of the nation. On the campaign trail, Maria Köner has said that this is a dangerous mix for Hutori and has said that the ULF was not interested in the happenings of the nation. This appears to have resonated with the voters of the nation who appear to have rejected the ULF campaigning over the Imperial Democratic campaigning during the elections.

The ULF held onto their traditionally safe seats, losing over two dozen seats to ID candidates across the nation. The Imperial Democrats have seized Parliament, and the Premiership for the first time in ID history by capturing 581 seats across the nation. Maria Koener is set to be the Imperial Democrats' first Prime Minister during the party's history spanning over two centuries.

Final Results:
Winter Palace Movement
Austrur

Postby Austrur » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:10 pm

Nation in Mourning; King William I is Dead
The Last Monarch of House Hutori has Died

State Funeral of William I, the Last House Hutori King of the Hutorian nation

Bekenial (Bekenial Dispatch) - The spokesperson for the Winter Palace has announced that King William I had died of heart failure. He was 106. His daughter, HRH Princess Sarah of Saint John will become the next Monarch of Hutori, as William had no male children. What this means for Hutori is that the last of the House Hutori monarchs has finally died. Sarah is of the new Regnal House, House Orange-Hutori. Orange-Hutori was formed from the merger of House Hutori and House Orange-Villayn through the marriage of Sarah and Lionel of Luthori. William was one of the more influential monarchs in Hutorian history. He presided over a relatively peaceful era which saw the rise of several left of center parties, and dissolution of the Hutorian Conservative Party - which was one of the most influential parties in Modern Hutorian history.

King Peter I, will be dearly missed. He is undoubtedly one of Hutori's greatest Kings. The King is dead, long live the new Queen - Queen Sarah I.
Winter Palace Movement
Austrur

Postby chamon » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:57 pm

HCP RETURN, ULF WIN ELECTION

The return of the Hutorian Conservative Party was cut short, by the United Leftist Front winning the most seats in the Hutorian Parliament. The ULF won 152 seats, the HCP in second won 113, The Imperial Democrats 75 and the Labour Party left bottom with just 51. (http://classic.particracy.net/viewnews. ... sid=315277).

However the HCP won the election for Head-of-State, the HCP controversially chose not to field a candidate as they favor a return to a absolute Monarchy and do not recognize the current elective office. Backed by the Imperial Democrats, the HCP won - now meaning that Queen Sarah I, is the official Head-of-State. Despite the HCP, ID's and Labour Party all demanding constitutional reform, the ULF has entrenched itself in government. Under the current law, the only party permitted to propose a Cabinet is the ULF - however, with the other three parties agreeing on policy reforms, the ULF must implement the reforms of the people and not their own party.
chamon

Postby chamon » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:05 pm

UNITY GOVERNMENT FORMED

For the first time in the history of Restoration Hutori (since 2985) - there has been a unity government formed (http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=331491). The three political parties of Hutori; the Labour Party, the Hutorian Conservative Party and the Imperial Democrats have formed a coalition cabinet. The reasoning behind the move is the fact that the three parties are united under the banner of constitutional change and an overhaul of the old ULF communist regime. The Hutorian parties seem to be on very good terms, which is unusual in a party system which backstabbing and political scheming have become the norm in the aim of achieving a Parliamentary majority.

Everything looks good at the moment in domestic politics, but will the rigors of government strengthen the three party coalition - which is only agreed upon until the next general election - or will old rivalries re-new and drive a wedge between the parties.
chamon

Postby chamon » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:17 pm

ALL-PARTY GOVERNMENT COLLAPSES

The all party government of Hutori has collapsed after the resignation of the Prime Minister Selma McGuire and her Labour Party cabinet colleagues. Speaking to the Labour Parties 'the Hutori Worker' the outgoing PM had this to say on the decision to leave government;

It has become increasingly clear that the Labour Party does not belong in this coalition, I cannot be the head of a government that does not support me or my party, the fundamental fact is we are too different. It is with great sadness that I therefore resign from my post as the prime minister of this nation. I am also resigning as the head of my party, I have decided to retire and enjoy the rest of my days in Lourenne with my Lourennian partner Louise McGuire."

Others speaking in 'the Hutori Worker' included the former Minister of Internal Affairs Charles Meredith who stated,

We are making our intentions very, very clear, we no longer want anything to do with this government. We wish to enter into opposition with a clear conscience than to betray ourselves and our voters within this government.

It was only a few short weeks ago that we questioned how long the all-party coalition could last - and the answer? Not long. There is already a proposal before the Hutorian House of Parliament to create a Hutorian Conservative Party/Imperial Democrat coalition government.
chamon

Postby Austrur » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:15 pm

Imperial Democratic Leader Maria Köner Calls for Censure of Ian James

In a motion introduced to Parliament today, Maria Köner - the Imperial Democratic Leader, called for the censure of Ian James, the Labour Party Leader. Mr. James fled Hutori earlier this year because he feared arrest by the Hutorian Intelligence Agency (HIA).

In a fiery speech to Parliament, Mrs. Köner stated that: "We the Imperial Democrats call upon Parliament to Censure the Right Reverend Ian James. The Leader of the Labour Party is not only fleeing the custody of the Hutorian Government, he is a traitor and a treacherous Republican.

Under the Treason Act any individual who calls for the overthrowing of the Hutorian Monarchy is committing high treason, and is thus punishable by law. A Republican does indeed fit this description. A Republican opposes the Monarchy and would gladly support its demise. By claiming himself to be a Republican, Ian James states that he does indeed support this cause.

By fleeing the Hutorian Intelligence Agency, Ian James has proved that he has something to hide. No normal individual who is a loyal citizen would flee the country because they fear being arrested. Our Intelligence Agency is not a secret police. It is there primarily to defend our nation against threats. It is not a political organization. If the HIA decided to pursue Mr. James; it would be because they deemed him a threat, not to the Political Government, but to the nation itself.

It is for these reasons that we call upon this august Institution to censure Mr. Ian James, bar him from political office and strip him of his Hutorian citizenship. We must show the world that we do not tolerate treason. Republicanism is treason.
"
Winter Palace Movement
Austrur

Postby chamon » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:28 pm

INVESTIGATION BEGINS

A Parliamentary investigation into the conduct of the Labour Party Leader, Hon Ian James MP - has begun. Headed by the Speaker of the House of Parliament the investigation relates to the anti-Monarchist, pro-Republican declarations made by the Labour Leader, which are expressly forbidden by the Treason Act within Hutori.

All who wish to keep a track of the ongoing enquiry may follow it with the Bekenial Dispatch here - http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=331755

Once the enquiry is complete the Bekenial Dispatch will of course publish the findings and verdicts.
chamon

Postby chamon » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:55 am

INVESTIGATION CONCLUDED

The Parliamentary Committee investigation into the Hon Ian James MP, has concluded - with Mr James being permanently banned from Parliament for "inciting treason" and "illegal Parliamentary policy". Mr James was cleared of high treason by the Speaker of the House of Parliament - an offence which carries the death penalty. The decision came on the back of Mr James refusing to submit a statement of defence in his name to the Speaker, leaving the committee with little option but to ban him from Parliament. The promotion of the downfall of the Monarchy IS an illegal offence in Hutori and one that carries a harsh punishment.

The full notes of the investigation can be viewed here - http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=331755

The punishment was carried out in accordance with the Parliamentary Conduct Act - http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=309749
chamon

PreviousNext

Return to National News