Valruzia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Valruzian Media Syndicate

Postby markbryja » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:53 am

I got you,it seems a little dead and not much is happening in Particracy now.
markbryja

Postby LukasV » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:06 pm

Valruzian Media Syndicate - May 15th, 3395
Valruzian Sailors Murdered, Dranland to Blame?
Story By: Nicholas Garif, Foreign Correspondent

-Luthorische Bai, Budenlar, Hulstria

Nineteen machine-gunned bodies found.

The Valruzian Military has been put on high alert due to an unprovoked attack on the HMS Chulbark by what appears to be the Dranish military. According to Hulstrian officials, on whose shores the bodies of 19 Valruzian sailors had washed up, the victims were riddled with the same ammunition used by the Dranish Air Force. The HMS Chulbark was on return from a diplomatic mission to the Kingdom of Kazulia when the ship cited a distress signal several miles off the coast of the Dranish Province of Elbian. Of the ship's crew of 24, nineteen have been confirmed dead, while five are missing, presumed dead.

When asked whether the ship was entering Dranish territorial waters by mistake, the Minister of Defense, Admiral Heliodor Wirsz, replied,
"That's preposterous. The GPS Global Positioning Satellite systems do not lie. I have a missing Valruzian frigate out there, not to mention a loss of plenty of good, brave men. It was an unprovoked attack on a ship in international waters. I will not be taking this lightly, especially with Dranland to blame.

While the reports are yet unconfirmed, it is rumored that the HMS Chulbark was carrying a small armament of nuclear weapons that may have been acquired during a secret transaction in Kazulia. Further reports on this story will be published as this situation develops.
Last edited by LukasV on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Get All That You Deserve In This World

Free Speech Fundamentalist
Classical Liberal/Libertarian
A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

"You believe you have dominion
So you force your lame opinions on me
And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby LukasV » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Valruzian Media Syndicate - May 17th, 3395
Valruzia deploys Naval Fleet to Recover Ship
Story By: Frederyk Beret

-Relonanki, Wielkowalruzja

Valruzian fleet en route to the recovery area.

Following news of an attack on the HMS Chulbark by Dranish forces that left the ship sunken and the entire crew either dead or missing, the Valruzian Ministry of Defense has issued the order to deploy the entire Valruzian fleet to the recovery area, to salvage the ship's cargo and systems, while performing reconnaissance in the area for any suspicious activity. It is unclear what further prospects may be for the Valruzian fleet, but at this time, it is known that they are free to engage any Dranish military and reconnaissance vessels en route and near the recovery area.

It has been speculated that the HMS Chulbark may have been carrying weapons of mass destruction aboard, after concluding its diplomatic mission to Kazulia, thereby forming justification for this degree of outcry. More details on this story as it develops.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:15 am

OOC: Feel free to delete this, Moderation, but I can't help but comment. This story is awfully similar to the plot of Tomorrow Never Dies (one of my favorite James Bond films, not to mention I just watched it a few days ago).

So when will Elliot Carver show up on his stealth boat?
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby EEL123 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:09 am

OOC: Shall we start a world events thread if this escalates into a war?
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby LukasV » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:42 am

EEL123 wrote:OOC: Shall we start a world events thread if this escalates into a war?

OOC: Let's see first if things escalate into a war. No sense in declaring something that is not altogether guaranteed.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby EEL123 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:07 am

LukasV wrote:OOC: Let's see first if things escalate into a war. No sense in declaring something that is not altogether guaranteed.
Alright, have it your way.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby LukasV » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:57 am

Valruzian Media Syndicate - May 20th, 3395
The Empire Will Strike Back

Valruzian Grand Vizier, Aleksander Zajkowski, makes a promise to the Valruzian people.

Tensions between Dranland and Valruzia have become increasingly heightened, after the Dranish government announced that it had gone ahead without prior notification and recovered the wreck of the HMS Chulbark, the ship having been attacked and sunken by the Dranish Air Force, earlier this month. As a result of this development, the Valruzian government has issued an ultimatum to the Dranish government, stating that they are in possession of stolen military property, and that unless this property is returned into Valruzian custody within the next 72 hours, Valruzia will acknowledge the existence of a state of war with Dranland, in retaliation for murder, destruction of property, theft, and crimes against the Valruzian nation as a whole.

Admiral Heliodor Wirsz released a statement today regarding the unfolding events:
"This entire conflict is very suspicious. On the one hand, there are elements to this situation that barely make sense, in terms of motive or intent; however, the Dranish government continue to subvert our authority under their own, even going so far as to recover a vessel that is not even theirs. It is like trying to hide a dead body in broad daylight, with all the guilt pointing straight to you, essentially laying the blame. This seems all too well thought out by some third party, rather than the 'cunning masterminds' of Dranland. Don't quote me on that, though."

At this time, we can confirm that there were weapons of mass destruction aboard the HMS Chulbark at the time of the sinking, and that it is largely suspected that the Dranish government has taken custody of those weapons during their illegal salvage operation. Details on further developments in this conflict will follow shortly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valruzian Media Syndicate - July 5th, 3395
Nuclear Wasteland Left by Małokrąż Disaster
Story By: Janusz Miada

-Galia, Chulbark

The extent of the deadening nuclear radiation, creating a relative no-life zone for a 200km radius.

The extent of the Małokrąż nuclear disaster has left much of Southeastern Valruzia broken and scarred, as lethal doses of radiation marred the landscape and turned it into a barren wasteland. The radiation has destroyed most plant life in the area, leaving nothing but man-made buildings and a desert of rocks and dirt. Areas of Baltusia and Tukarali are experiencing a similar phenomenon, though they are rather less affected by this.

A glimpse of Valruzia's new wasteland.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby LukasV » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:11 pm

Valruzian Media Syndicate - May 20th, 3395
Dranland Remain Evasive Over Stolen Property

Typical armaments on Valruzian naval ships are sometimes outfitted with nuclear weapons.

Due to the hasty progression of the situation thus far, Grand Vizier Aleksander Zajkowski has withdrawn his ultimatum for the Dranish government for the return of property from the HMS Chulbark, which the Dranish had salvaged illegally for their own ends and without prior consent of the Valruzian government to do so. While there have been outcries in the nation asking for blood, and media statements released claiming that this action is tantamount to a declaration of war, His Majesty's government refused to allow this situation to escalate to a full-scale war, if it could be solved with minimal bloodshed. As a result, the delegates of the DCW in government have taken a hit in the call for decisive action against Dranland.

The Valruzian Government has authorized a complete blockade on Port Ubuntu, the suspected destination of Valruzian property, until such a time when the manifest of the ship's contents can be verified and recovered safely and discretely. Refusal to turn over this property will result in a complete embargo on Dranland, and possibly a state of war, should the situation escalate further due to Dranland's lack of action.

The Valruzian Navy is currently stationed off the coast of Kazulian Hent, where it will stay on a standby status unless given the order to strike. Military reinforcements from Valruzia are on standby and will not be deployed to the area unless a state of war will become inevitable.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby EEL123 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:13 pm

OOC: Where the hell is Port Ubuntu? And anyway, the ship has already arrived, as evidence by our examination of the GPS.
House of Razama
EEL123

PreviousNext

Return to National News