Trial of the Saiser

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Re: Trial of the Saiser

Postby Darvian » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:32 pm

OOC: Jethro, you sick of bickering? I didn't think it could be done. You opened the door to this trial, what did you expect?

IC:

"Representing the members and as acting Chairman of the I.C.B. I second, third and forth the motions that Egoist Virginatos not be allowed as the prosecution. It is folly to believe that the prosecution could be upheld by fair and unbiased standards by Mr. Virginatos. This isn't anyone's trial other than the Saiserist League and as subject to the international court the defendant should hardly have a say as to whom he wishes to prosecute. It is very telling that the Saiser has taken up the old tried and true rallying cry that the motives here are pro-Axis. It is also no surprise to the international community that the Saiser is doing everything he can to ensure this trial is a sham and nothing more. Without a fair and unbiased prosecution this trial will be anything but fair and unbiased.

As Lord Bane and others have pointed out. The International Courts are not controlled by G.P.O. nor the Saiser. If this is to be a fair trial, all voices must be heard, all victims of the Saiser's cruel reign must be allowed to testify and to do so without fear of repercussion. This has already come into question given the reports from Terran Dawn. . .Overwhelming opposition to Egoist Virginatos as prosecution has been aired. I subject the I.C.B's opinion upon the international community to further consider. Should the opposition not be heeded, it is clear that the agenda of the Saiser and Egoist Virginatos are one and the same and thus give pause unto me. If it is to be a fair trial, we can and shall reach a consensus."

Chairman of the I.C.B.
H. Leighton Kostandian IV
Darvian

Postby Cold » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:50 pm

The Athlorcean Justice Ministry has made it's decision to allow Mr. Virginatos to head the Prosecution. It is not the right of the "International Courts" to put the Saiser on trial. It is the PRIVILEGE of the "International Courts" to do so. Unless those who seek to challenge the decision made by Athlorcea wish that they take away this privilege, we encourage them to accept Mr. Virginatos as the Head of the Prosecution.
Cold

Postby jethro » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:12 pm

Darvian wrote:OOC: Jethro, you sick of bickering? I didn't think it could be done. You opened the door to this trial, what did you expect?

This is honestly exactly what I expected from the Aximaniacs such as yourself. But that foolish naivete that is my better nature hoped it might not be so. Is it not strange that everyone who is "bickering" is from the Axis? I stayed out of the little arguments the Axis people insist on starting until it became absolutely insane. The agreed-upon judge of the case, Roland Lincoln, has affirmed that George will hold the Prosecution. Thus George will hold the Prosecution. Get over it, and don't waste your time on any more exasperatingly long and equally dull posts.
jethro

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:18 pm

jethro wrote:
Darvian wrote:OOC: Jethro, you sick of bickering? I didn't think it could be done. You opened the door to this trial, what did you expect?

This is honestly exactly what I expected from the Aximaniacs such as yourself. But that foolish naivete that is my better nature hoped it might not be so. Is it not strange that everyone who is "bickering" is from the Axis? I stayed out of the little arguments the Axis people insist on starting until it became absolutely insane. The agreed-upon judge of the case, Roland Lincoln, has affirmed that George will hold the Prosecution. Thus George will hold the Prosecution. Get over it, and don't waste your time on any more exasperatingly long and equally dull posts.

OOC: Everyone, please keep me out of your bickering. I do not recall ever "affirming" anything with regard to George being the Prosecutor or not. In fact, it'd be wrong for me, who will act as the judge, to have a say on who acts as prosecutor and defense. So, you guys decide yourself who is doing what.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby jethro » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Mr.Yankees wrote:The gentleman from the GPO has asked to be Prosecutor time and time again. In fairness to him, we should allow him to be the prosecutor. This is the opportunity for him to show what the GPO stands for.

That's what I'm referring to.
jethro

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:50 pm

jethro wrote:
Mr.Yankees wrote:The gentleman from the GPO has asked to be Prosecutor time and time again. In fairness to him, we should allow him to be the prosecutor. This is the opportunity for him to show what the GPO stands for.

That's what I'm referring to.

I recall saying that very clearly but that's different from "affirming" that he will be the Prosecutor. I said he should be not that he is going be as you have expressed before. And don't take my comments are out context either. That statement went along with a lot more words and it was at the time when the discussion of what position to give George emerged.

In quick summary, keep me out of it. Please.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby Sam » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:50 pm

*loads cartridges into machine gun*

Alternatively, this dispute could be quickly and easily solved using Deltarian methods of conflict resolution.
"The FSB finally caught him for talking shit about replacing Putin with this "Saiser" character. I'm guessing they're up to his seventh toenail by now."
- Dynastia on jethro
Sam

Postby Darvian » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:49 am

jethro wrote:**Words**

OOC: I've not seen any 'bickering' what I'm reading are people who have accepted your invitation to join in this trial; it was a call to the international community was it not? As so, you shouldn't be surprised at the response. What should surprise you as it has me, is the level of civility and solid role-play that just this thread has within it. Various parties and organizations have raised their voices in a very even-keeled manner. It's not members of the Axis, IML, UCF, ICB and NATO who are not just implying but, stating flat-out that there in some vast Axis conspiracy at play here. I subject analysis to the viewer; the record is easily read.

For the record, I will not be making any further comments relating to the organization of this trial. The only question that remains is that of the prosecution and any parties who have yet to speak up in their desire to testify/defend the Saiser. Now versus anyone coming back at me with piffle on these points, your wasting your time and everyone else. At this point, I think we should come to a consensus on the two lingering questions. 1: When do we cut-off the time whereupon parties can declare their intent to participate and hence begin the trial? 2: Who will be handeling the prosecution?. Thanks.
Darvian

Postby Malleovic » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:39 am

Cold wrote:The Athlorcean Justice Ministry has made it's decision to allow Mr. Virginatos to head the Prosecution. It is not the right of the "International Courts" to put the Saiser on trial. It is the PRIVILEGE of the "International Courts" to do so. Unless those who seek to challenge the decision made by Athlorcea wish that they take away this privilege, we encourage them to accept Mr. Virginatos as the Head of the Prosecution.

Be careful. You should really consult the acting Athlorcaean Minister of Justice, James Narragansett, before so quickly speaking for the Athlorcaean Ministry of Justice. As he is a member of the FMCP (my party), I reserve full control over what he does and does not approve/allow.

Fortunately for you, Justice Minster Narragansett is allowing this trial to proceed according to whatever standards and procedures the international community sees fit (the alleged crimes of the Saiser are larger than Athlorcaea's jurisdiction), so we have no direct beef with the actual content of your statement, merely the presumption that we approve of that particular prosecutor. We approve of no specific actions, nominees, or verdicts, merely the international community's right to conduct such proceedings according to its own standards.

In related news, Athlorcaean Minister of Justice Narragansett will be present at the trial to provide information regarding the nature of the Saiser's arrest and transport to the venue the international community sets. He is purely there for procedural and informational purposes, not to offer testimony regarding the Saiser's alleged crimes. The Athlorcaean Ministry of Justice has an interest in this trial, he is there to represent that interest.
Malleovic

Postby Opakidabar » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:19 am

Darvian wrote: it is clear that ... the Saiser and Egoist Virginatos are one and the same

Stop these conspiracy theories! :lol:
(ok, I did that deleting agenda of on purpose to make it more funny)

Dear people you are missing the point. Jethro wants to have his character called the number one criminal in Terran history (to satisfy ego most probably), so he would never go for prosecutor that does his job bad.

Or maybe what you actually are afraid is that George does his job excellent and GPO are the good guys that punishes Saiser not, em, you?
Opakidabar

PreviousNext

Return to World Events