Requests: Cultural Protocols - CPs [M]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Cultural Protocol Approvals

Postby Aquinas » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:26 pm

Polites wrote:Update to Cildania's cultural protocols, establishing Maltese as the lingua franca and with a large number of native speakers.

Differences from previous version:

1. The new CP establishes Gziri (Maltese) as a new major language. To do so the old "Majatran" linguistic category (covering a number of varieties of Arabic, including Modern Standard Arabic and varieties of Maghrebi Arabic) was increased from 14 to 32%, and from that number the largest chunk was redefined as Maltese, with 26% native speakers. Justification for the change: occupation of Majatran-speaking Badara, expulsion of Badaran collaborators, introduction of Majatran refugees from Deltaria, documented emergence of Selucian-influenced vernacular Majatran, its standardization, official recognition as a distinct language called Gziri, and its adoption as the sole official language.

2. Introduction of some more more minorities from Majatran nations, including Majatrans and Turjaks from Deltaria, as well as various refugees (like some of these guys).

3. Apostolic Department of Cildania renamed as Apostolic Church of the Isles, because of this, and its numbers increased slightly (Badaran refugees, consequence of Church merger, and the religious nationalist government). Introduced a few more Ahmadis as well (also because Majatran refugees).

4. More clarity offered about the Cildanian culture. It's now clearer that "Cildanian" = a bunch of ethnic groups joined together by common culture and, more recently, common language. Cildania has been redefined as the equivalent of Malta + pre-Islamic Maghreb for those that are interested in that. The ethnic groups that comprise the "Cildanian" category are now also defined in terms of modern and not just ancient populations (e.g. Qildaris = Punics and Tunisians, not just Punics). A small introductory paragraph gives a brief overview of what Cildania is.

In addition, the list of names was expanded with the addition of a large number of Maltese names and surnames. Most aren't, strictly speaking, RL Maltese names, but rather Phoenician, Berber, late Roman (and Latinized Punic), Tunisian Arabic, Sicilian Jewish, and Maghrebi Sephardic names adapted to the Maltese orthography and pronunciation, plus some actual RL Maltese names. Most of the new Maltese names are Maltified versions of the Qildari, Hebilean, Cildanian Majatran, and Seluco-Cildanian names that were already on the list.

So, they good?

Accepted.
Aquinas

Postby hts » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:28 pm

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=464619

Very little change. I just want to get Saridan affirmed.
“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”
hts

Postby Aquinas » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:35 pm

hts wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=464619

That counts as an affirmation. As per the rules, we have to wait at least 48 hours until they can be approved.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:02 pm

Aquinas wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=464817

Indrala's Cultural Protocols have been affirmed. As per the rules, we wait at least 48 hours until they they can be approved.

Accepted.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:07 pm

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=464859

Gaduridos's Cultural Protocols have been affirmed. As per the rules, we wait at least 48 hours until they can be approved.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:11 pm

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=464602

Kafuristan's Cultural Protocols have been affirmed. As per the rules, we wait at least 48 hours until they can be approved.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:18 am

hts wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=464619

Accepted.
Aquinas

Postby Zongxian » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:18 am

In process of updating and affirming the Dankuk Cultural Protocols:
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=465568
Zongxian

Postby Zanz » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:34 pm

Aquinas wrote:Returning to the proposed Cultural Protocol update for Jelbania...

This has been a tricky one to deal with, and I want to thank everyone who has contributed to the discussion.

To remove 15% of the population from the demographics of a nation in one Cultural Protocol update, with no formal trace of a remnant left remaining, is a big move.

Strong role-play evidence has been presented to justify a significant reduction in the Jelbanien population in Jelbania. However, it is not clear that this role-play justifies complete elimination. I note, in particular, that in the Jelbic cultural protocol affirmation thread, the player responsible for much of that role-play appeared to recommend a significant reduction as opposed to complete elimination.

Before the culture rules changed in August 2015 it was permitted for Jelbania players to use all-English/Jelbanien character lists, despite Jelbaniens being a minority. There has, of course, been dispute over whether that ought to have been so, but nevertheless that is the way things were for a prolonged period of time.

Since August 2015, various players, including those with history in Jelbania, have been required by Moderation to use Jelbek names (or at least to use some/more Jelbek names). Some such players have had reactivation and early election requests denied until they complied with the new character naming rules.

Those players are not in Jelbania now, but in fairness, I judge we owe it to them that if the Jelbanien group is to be eliminated entirely, then this should be done over 2 or more stages, rather than suddenly and all at once.

What I suggest you could do, Zanz, is propose an update reducing the Jelbaniens to 4%, and then, if you wish to so and are able to do so, then do another update completely removing them in at least 30 in-game years time.

I appreciate this may feel frustrating, but all things considered, I do believe this is the best way of going about this.

Will do as I have time.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Re: Cultural Protocol Violation Reports

Postby NoaIdema » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:50 am

Last edited by NoaIdema on Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nation: Likatonia
NoaIdema

PreviousNext

Return to Requests