Modernization Efforts of Jakania

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

Modernization Efforts of Jakania

Postby Jaguar » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:54 am

Reign of Sultan Ameer I "The Beloved"
Social Reforms
Sultan Ameer I introduced social reforms aimed at promoting gender equality, free health care and an increase in social benefits. However, these reforms made no progress under his reign as the military delayed the implementation of these reforms.
Economic Reforms
During the early years of Sultan Ameer's reign, Jakania's economy grew to a significant amount thanks to the Caliphate's financial aid and policy of heavy borrowing from foreign banks. For the majority of Ameer's reign the government spent vast sums of borrowed money on improving the country's infrastructure and food production. However, in the closing years of Ameer's reign, the policy of heavy borrowing from foreign banks took a toll in the economy causing it to go downhill rapidly. After his death, the country was left with massive amounts of debts, but the country was able to restore its agriculture to its former glory and rebuild their infrastructure.
Administrative Reforms
Sultan Ameer I introduced democracy to the country but it was a failure as powerful noble houses prevented elected officials from taking their office. Noble houses instead appointed people into positions who had close ties to their houses. As a result corruption was widespread during Ameer's reign.
Last edited by Jaguar on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Countries I play:
Jakania: Online
Talmoria: Offline
Indrala: Offline

Wikipedia:
History of Jakania: Hiatus
History of Talmoria: Hiatus
Communist Party of Indrala: Hiatus
Jaguar

Re: Modernization Efforts of Jakania

Postby Jaguar » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:55 am

Reign of Sultan Faisal III "The Restorer"
Administrative Reforms
During the early part of his reign, Sultan Faisal III saw the military dominate Jakania's politics. Everything that the civilian government wanted to do had to be be approved by the military.

The military strengthened the secret police, BRNSI, by increasing their numbers and granting them more powers. Allowing the BRNSI to operate outside of the law, they were used to execute anyone that the military considered a threat to their dominance.

A cult of personality is created around the Sultan.

In the closing years of his reign, Sultan Faisal III destroyed the Makhdoom's influence, ending the military's dominance over politics. He abolishes the constitutional monarchy and establishes an absolute monarchy.

Economic Reforms
Under the military's leadership, economic partnership agreements is made with Malivia and Luthori. The military begins the rapid industrialisation and modernization of Jakania. However, process is slow due to corruption.

Military agreed to have Jakania become a protectorate of Luthori in favour of economic growth.

In the closing years of his reign, Sultan Faisal III spearheads industrialisation and modernization.

Military Reforms
Sultan Faisal III, as an absolute monarch, oversee the major reconstruction of the armed Forces under the guidance of Luthori.
Last edited by Jaguar on Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Countries I play:
Jakania: Online
Talmoria: Offline
Indrala: Offline

Wikipedia:
History of Jakania: Hiatus
History of Talmoria: Hiatus
Communist Party of Indrala: Hiatus
Jaguar

Re: Modernization Efforts of Jakania

Postby Jaguar » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:52 am

Sultan Temujin I "The Child"