Yingdala

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Great Indralan Gazette

Postby Wu Han » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:48 pm

The Market: News for 20 November 4291

Chancellor Inducts Dankuk President, Kazulian Humanitarian into Order of Friendship
Order of Friendship (Credit: Chancellor's Office)

TIAN’AN, Han - Today the Chancellor formally inducted former-President of Dankuk Alfredo de la Cruz and Bernhart Hofmeister of the United Developmental Assistance Programme into the Order of Friendship for their assistance and solidarity during Typhoon Yutu. Speaking to media about Bernhart Hofmeister, the Chancellor said:

Mr. Hormeister has lived a life committed to the benefit of all mankind, first as an aid worker with the Dorvish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and now with the UDAP, which he co-founded. The people of Indrala are grateful for his service during the aftermath of Typhoon Yutu and for the important work he does all around the world. I would also be remiss not to extend my gratitude to Mr. Detlef Kachel, Minister Kristine Stennes, Gasstrien and Asvald Gruppen for the role they played in enabling Mr. Hofmeister to carry out his work in Shu.

Speaking of President de la Cruz, the Chancellor said:

Truth be told, I sincerely hope that our friend, President de la Cruz, is able to be re-elected in the upcoming Dankuk election, especially given theracist, discriminatory policies coming from the National Conservative Party. President de la Cruz has stood up for liberal values and he put forward a vision for the important role that Dankuk plays in Dovani and around the world. President de la Cruz is committed to a better future for Dankuk so that all its people may walk the flower path.

Breaking with tradition, First-Lady Kim Bo-young spoke to media yesterday, where she discussed the political situation in Dankuk. Kim is a Kyo refugee from Hulstria, who came to Indrala to avoid the persecution against Gao-Showan peoples there. Other members of her family fled to Dankuk, where they would have to later flee to Indrala following the rise of the Juche regime.

Kim Bo-young: Legislation coming from the National Conservative Party in Dankuk is deeply concerning. It is reminiscent of the discriminatory policies of Hulstria,
which caused my family to be divided for many years. Xenophobia is a false ideology and it must be opposed wherever it begins to grow.

Kim Bo-young and her husband, Chancellor Huang (Credit: Southern Voice)

PROMISE KEPT: Lotus Party Government Privatizes Banking Sector
CEO of TQ Group and head of the Tang Family Tang Wu gives a thumbs up from the Tian'an Stock Exchange trading floor as his company's stock soars: TQ Group intends to start a banking division. (Credit: The Market)

TIAN’AN, Han - Gaining all-party support, the Lotus Party's financial sector deregulations were passed. This legislation will allow for private banks to operate within Indrala once more, after the last Republican government, nationalized the financial sector following pressure from its populist base. The TSEC jumped to a three-year high of 3688.32 as of close, as many caifu conglomerates and investors declared their intention to enter the financial market.

The Lotus Party's bill also restructures the central bank, allowing for greater autonomy.

Xiandai Executives Offer Subdued Apology for 4282 Bribery Scandal
Xiandai Executives offer apologetic bow(Credit: The Market)

HAZHOU, Shu - In a press conference today, three Xiandai Group executives offered an apology for their involvement in the 4282 Bribery Scandal which saw criminal convictions for many high-ranking Republican Party officials. Public sentiment has been mostly negative with regard to the Xiandai Group, as no one within the group or powerful Wang caifu family which owns the group, has been charged (despite the CFO Wang Junpyo being called in for investigations and Xiandai Group HQ being raided by the SPS, his arrest warrent was rejected and eventually all charges were dropped).

Duan Jingyi, COO for Xiandai Group: On behalf of Xiandai Group, we apologize for the way in which this unfortunate event was characterized in the court of public opinion. It is regrettable that the Supreme Prosecution Service began their investigation in an overly public and aggressive way, despite our company offering our full and total support. For the way in which this so-called scandal has damaged the dignity of our workers, we apologize.

The Xiandai Scandal, as it became known, would eventually topple Chancellor Xuan Shuren and drive leftist activists in Indrala to call for massive regulation on the caifu system and economic model, despite the obvious damage this would cause to our economy.
Last edited by Wu Han on Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Postby Wu Han » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:09 pm

Ministry of State Security (MSS) Press Conference

Kang Xiang, Director of the MSS: Thank you all for being here. Tonight, I can report to the people of Indrala, the people of Dankuk, and to the entire world that Indrala has conducted an operation that has extracted surviving members of the Ryeo royal family from Dankuk and has moved them to a safe location within Indrala.

Working with our regional partners and liaisons within Dankuk, we were able to make contact with members of the Ryeo family and their escape party. At my direction, and with the permission of the Chancellor, the Ministry of State Security launched a targeted operation within Dankuk to extract these individuals. We cannot reveal many details of this extraction, but I will say this: a small team of extraordinarily talented young men and women from the MSS undertook this operation in the shroud of night. No Indralans were harmed, all targets were rescued. The operation was very swift. We give our thanks to the men and women who carried out this operation, for they exemplify the professionalism and unparalleled courage of those who serve our country.
Lang Shu, Press Secretary to the Director: Director Kang can take two questions. Please keep in mind the level of confidentiality which still persists in regard to this operation. We will ensure that information is declassified when it is safe to do so.

Zhen Chang, Reporter, the Tian'an Times: Director Kang, can you give any approximation as to where they were recovered? Were the Ryeo's airlifted, or transported out by boats, or... I just want to understand how they got here.

Kang Xiang, Director: I cannot comment on that.
Zhong Yan, Reporter, Jiaozhi Inquirer: Director Kang, can you discuss the level of the Chancellor's involvement? Further, are there any plans to protect or extract members of Partido Federalista or President de la Cruz?

Kang Xiang, Director: The Chancellor's office was an important partner in the success of this mission. Chancellor Huang indicated to me that this operation was of utmost importance to him, and that he would empower the MSS to the best of his ability. I cannot speak to your second question.
Lang Shu, Press Secretary to the Director: Okay, thank you everyone!

Wu Xian, Reporter, TNN: Did the agents encounter any armed resistance during the operation?

Kang Xiang, Director: They did not. Thanks everybody.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby Wu Han » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:12 pm

Chancellor Sends Message to Dalibor Refugees: Don't Go East, Come South!
As Dalibor PM threatens sea-mines to prevent the flow of refugees to Hanzen, Chancellor Huang affirms open door policy
Chancellor Huang speaks with a Daliborian child refugee at a Hosian service in northern Indrala for the victims of a capsized refugee boat

Jiaozhi residents were devastated when they learned that a refugee boat headed to Hanzen capsized sometime last week, resulting in fatalities for all on board. Today, the Chancellor attended a Hosian service in Yincheng for the refugees lost at sea. As the Daliborian government moves to install sea mines between Dalibor and Hanzen, fatalities are only predicted to increase. The Chancellor had a message for the Daliborian refugees: "Don't go east, come south!"

The government has maintained an open door policy for all Daliborian refugees for the past three years, as thousands have fled the tyranny of the Hyperion-backed Dalibor government. Last year, the military held the largest exercise in recent memory as fighting continued in Dalibor. At the time, the Chancellor urged a diplomatic solution. It would seem that recent events have pressed his patience:

It has become abundantly clear now that the Daliborian officials have no desire to diplomatically resolve this crisis, as children drown in the sea and families have their lives ripped apart by the incessant shelling of this conflict. We can no longer stand by and patiently await the government to act with a single shred of humanity, as it is clear that they are void of the ability to do so. We are beginning discussions now on how best to resolve this issue with our international partners. Our military personnel in Jiaozhi will be at the ready, and we will be dispatching Coast Guard and Navy Officers to facilitate refugee transport.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby TreeHugger » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:27 am

ZHANG ZEMIN ON DALIBOR CRISIS: "GET THEM OUT, PRESS THE RED BUTTON"
Republican Leader calls for drastic measures, calls the Chancellor a "wimp"

December 25, 4292
TIAN'AN, HAN Republican leader Zhang Zemin has called on the government to actively remove Daliborian refugees from their embattled country with "extreme force" The opposition leader has also said that the Chancellor should simply "push the red button" once the refugees have been saved, alluding to a nuclear campaign against the Dalibor government. He was asked by reporters what he thinks of Huang Zitao's leadership on this file, and the Republican leader had this to say:
REPORTER: Mr. Zhang, may I ask what you think about the Dalibor crisis and the Chancellor's response? Is he doing enough?
ZHANG ZEMIN: Quite frankly, I think the chancellor is scared. I think he is scared to show the world our force, because then maybe we expose ourselves. To be frank, I think he is a wimp. Where is the defence minister in all this? Each and every day, I sit down across from the Lotus Party caucus in the National Conference... when they even show up that is... and when I do, I am able to smell the lying breath of two cowards. Out of all 175 of them, do you know who they are? I don't think I need to say anything else, you people are smart.

ZHENG RUOGANG, BOVINE NEWS: Chancellor... *cough* excuse me, Mr. Zhang, what do you have to say about recent reports that have revealed the Chancellor to be unfaithful to his wife... more so, what do you think about his homosexual acts?
ZHANG ZEMIN: I don't know if I believe that to be one hundred percent true, but I wouldn't doubt it if I'm being honest with you. We tried to outlaw infidelity YEARS ago, but I guess you know why it was voted down by Mr. Huang's party.

The latter question is related to an unofficial report by Bovine News, a newly founded ultra right news and media outlet that staunchly supports the Republicans. Their claims that Huang Zitao participated in a mutually consensual foreplay and subsequent intercourse with one of his interns has shook the nation. While some, including most Republican supporters believe it to be true, many remain skeptical, and have even deemed the report "disrespectful" and "offensive". Chancellor Huang Zitao has yet to comment on the allegations.

This pot has surely been stirred.

More to come...
保守聯盟 (Conservative Coalition) - Republic of Indrala
TreeHugger

Postby Wu Han » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:51 am

The Market: News for 20 November 4292

Xiandai's Largest Jetliner Takes First Flight
The new X650 jet

The largest passenger jet to be produced within Indrala has taken to the skies for a maiden flight that Xiandai Group executives have claimed would propel the country into a new era of aviation.

The X650, a long-range, twin-engine wide-body jet airliner, took off from Hanzhou's Song Yi International Airport and landed to great fanfare in Tian'an.

The jet is the work of the Xiandai Group's Commercial Aircraft Manufacturing Company. While Xiandai has developed military craft in the past, the commercial jet division is only 30 years old. Despite the commecial jet division having had a rocky start, with trouble finding customers for its X400 jet, the CEO of Xiandai is confident.

“I am very happy and proud to see the takeoff. It is very beautiful – a very smooth takeoff,” Wang Tengfei, CEO of Xiandai, told The Market. “We are very proud to see that it worked. This jet is the largest jet ever produced in Indrala, and the most innovative and modern jet on the market. We are anticipating great success.”

ImageImage
The X650 interior, standard and business class respectively

Tang Daughter Has Big Plans for TQ Group: Exclusive
Tang Zetien stands amid TQ Group cranes; just a few of many towering over Tian'an as of late

In the old neighbourhood of Xidan in Tian'an, life moves slowly. Terracotta roof tiles on the well-kept siheyuan houses are a reminder of the neighbourhood's history as a residential district for Tian'an's burgher and merchant class. Few would expect much to change in this picturesque district, but one only needs to look up from the cobblestone roads to see the TQ Group cranes in the sky.

The only daughter of TQ Group CEO Tang Wu, and therefore heir to the company, Tang Zetien has ambitious plans for the caifu conglomerate, even before she has taken the helm:

The only way I can honour my father's youth, which he spent building the company, is to do the exact same. I am committed to honouring my father by making TQ Group Indrala's largest conglomerate!

The Market spoke to Tang Zetien from atop the new TQ Group corporate headquarters in Xidan, Tian'an, currently under construction. It was Tang Zetien's decision to move the TQ Group headquarters from its humble office complex in Mudanwan, Min, to the heart of the Xidan historical district.

We're ready to take on the Tian'an old-money, and we're building this complex to show that we're here to stay.

TQ Group began as a humble trading company in Mudanwan in 4198, and quickly grew to become one of the nation's largest companies, expanding to sectors including hospitality, real-estate development, app development and, recently, finance. However, with all this success, TQ has not been able to break into the top tier of companies. Tang Zetien has good reason to believe that this is about to change. Following the government's financial sector de-regulations, 820,000+ customers have opened banking accounts with the new TQ Bank, accepting deposits of nearly $354m INS in the first three days. Part of this is due to TQ's ability to utilize Tiqi Corp, the TQ-owned provider of the country’s most widely used digital messenger platform TiqiTalk. TQ Bank has enabled account opening via the app – without visiting a bank branch – using a mobile phone number and an ID.

TQ is at the forefront of Indrala's tech and fintech sectors, and we're only getting started. I am only getting started.

TQ Group logo
Last edited by Wu Han on Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby Wu Han » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:42 pm

The Market: News for 20 May 4293

Major Infrastructure Projects Concluded In Shu
New Beihei-Nandu Expressway

The Xujing-Nandu Expressway, measuring 209.2 kilometers and linking metropolitan, coastal Nandu and the northern rural/agrarian center of Beihei, was put into operation today. Additionally, the Nandu-Hazhou high-speed rail line, the first of it's kind in Indrala, wrapped construction and is expected to open in August.

The new rail-line, constructed in partnership between state-owned Indralarail and conglomerate Xiandai Group will link the two most populous and prosperous cities in Shu together, replacing the existing standard passager-rail line. It is clear that both projects will have a major economic effect on the struggling province's sluggish economy.

ImageImage
The Beihei Nandu Expressway

The Chancellor was in Hazhou for the announcement, where he attributed these projects to his government's legislative accomplishments:
Governance is about decisions. You can go the route of some of our friends across the aisle and maintain a sort-of laissez-faire, don't-care attitude to the economic woes of our fellow countrymen, or you can do something about it. With our bills to nationalize portions of the transport infrastructure of this country, we were able to roll up our sleeves and address the issues out here in Shu. We utilized our long-bloated infrastructure budget to construct the nation's first high-speed rail link; one of many to come, I assure you. Indralans know that when it comes to moving our country forward, there is only one option: The Lotus Party.

The politically-charged speech garnered some criticism, as the next election isn't predicted until 4295.

The Nandu-Hazhou rail-line under construction last fall

Op-ed: "The Dalibor Crisis Needs to End... For the Economy!"
Luo Chin
By Luo Chin, Associate-Economics Professor at Indrala University

The Chancellor has been rather tepid with his response to the Dalibor civil-war. Sure, he held a big display of force in the North a couple of years ago, but what has come of it? Only more death and destruction. As to be expected, the World Congress will surely take a couple more years to eventually come to a framework of an agreement, but what by then? By the time boots hit the ground, will there even be war on the island?

Here's what we know has happened, however, which should be considered an act of war against the Indralan State: Prime Minister Jung has deployed sea-mines between Dalibor and Hanzen.

While this was officially an effort to slow the flow of refugees to Hanzen (why, when Indrala has maintained an open-door policy for the past five years, refugees would choose to go to Hanzen beats me) it has had an impact on the Indralan economy. As our economy relies heavily on trade with Dovani, this move directly impacts import-export volume with Indrala. Though traders have, for the past while, been circumventing the Dalibor-Hanzen waters, this is costly and has caused many international producers to slow the flow of products to Indrala. Indeed, domestic manufacturers have has issues getting their items to market with the increased shipping costs, as well.

There is also a humanitarian aspect to the economic argument. We all know that the only proven way to truly help developing-nations escape the clutches of poverty is through free, unhindered trade. To that end, the victims of the Dalibor conflict should not be restricted to the refugees, bravely fleeing over mine-laden waters, but all the farmers and artisans and factory workers of Dovani who have their livelihoods, and that of their famillies, threatened by this conflict.

The Chancellor needs to step up and end this conflict so that we can let the tiger-spirit of Indrala's economy spread peace and stability throughout the world.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby TreeHugger » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:37 am

AGRO ALLIANCE OF SHU RETURNS
Defunct right-wing farmer's alliance that was partly responsible for Song Yi's death has reformed under new managment

[NANDU, SHU] THE DEFUNCT ALLIANCE OF FARMERS, AGRO-FOOD PRODUCERS, FISHERMEN, CATTLE FARMERS AND TRADESMEN OF SHU HAS RETURNED. This time bigger and better than ever. The now former defunct alliance was partly held responsible for the murder of Song Yi by Chen Ruogang and conglomerates, however the alliance has been re-sprouted with new management. New Manager Hao Yat-sen is an agricultural lawyer and supermarket entrepreneur. His brother, Hao Wuying is head of the new right-wing media outlet: Bovine News. Together they aim to return Agro issues to the forefront of Indralan politics, and revive the right wing populism that held this country by the neck for so long.

Hao Wuying and Hao Yet-sen pose for a photo

Hao Yat-sen: I think we have something here. Our hopes and dreams died with Chen Ruogang. What he did was intolerable, yes, but his ideas were brilliant. Every Republican leader since then has been soft. Like my mother's hands... We want to kick people like Xuan Shuren and Zhang Zemin to the curb, and replace them with true conservatives who believe in farmers. Mr. Zhang is unfortunately all we have, but that's where my brother comes in. Wuying has started something great with Bovine. It's no bull guaranteed. We will show people the truth, and they will follow. Soft spines such as Zemin and Zitao will need to follow the trend started by Bovine if they want to have any hope of getting re-elected, since that's all they really care about.

This new development signals a rise in political instability within Indrala. Only time will tell what the future of Shu holds.

More to come...
TreeHugger

Postby Wu Han » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:32 am

These are the three most viewed stories from the Tian'an Times online homepage

High Police, Military Presence in Yincheng for Ryeo Family's Protection
Military officers patrol the Yincheng Train Terminal

YINCHENG, Jiaozhi -- Following their extraction from Dankuk by MSS agents, the government has permitted members of the Ryeo Clan to take up residence at the historical Yincheng Mountain Resort. The Yincheng Mountain Resort has not been used since 4202 during the brief restoration of the monarchy. It fell into disrepair during the RC/Pua Dictatorship, but restoration efforts were started under Chancellor Wu in 4268 and completed in 4275.

It is not known exactly which members of the Ryeo Clan are in Yincheng, as the government won't release that information for security reasons. It can be assumed, however, that they are very important given the high military and police presence in the mountain city.

Reception for the soldiers in Yincheng has been mostly positive. Local grandmother of five Zou Guanting and her friends walk down to the town square every morning to feed the soldiers:
It's nice having these soldiers around. They're such kind and helpful kids. Just the other day I had two young men help me carry my groceries home, and I live near the top of the hill, so that's not easy. Their young energy is infectious and has us all feeling a little younger too! I wish they never had to leave.

To the giggling of her elderly friends, she added:
And they're all so handsome! Who's sons are these?

ImageImage
Left: Zou Guanting and friend Lin Yijun dishing up soldiers; Right: Two soldiers help and old lady walk home

Not everyone is so happy, however. Local university student Yu Bao came home for the summer and saw a very different situation:
It's like we're living in a police state! You can't go anywhere around town without seeing a police officer here or a soldier over there. It makes me sick! Not to mention the fact that these soldiers are here to protect members of a foreign aristocracy. How much is this going to cost us average Indralans?

The National Police Agency nor the Armed Forces would respond to questions regarding the length of deployment in Yincheng.

Chancellor Spotted At Wife's Fashion Show During Kaizhou Fashion Week
Chancellor Huang (circled) is seen at his wife, Kim Bo-young's Summer/Fall Fashion Show

KAIZHOU, Jiaozhi -- Fashion Week is underway, with models, designers, and celebrities from all over the world descending on Kaizhou. This also includes Chancellor Huang, who was spotted at his wife's show yesterday evening.

First Lady Kim Bo-young founded her namesake couture house (stylized as kimboyoung) in 4250 and quickly established herself at the forefront of the emerging Indralan fashion scene. Relying on innovative fabric research, soft draping, light materials, and easy wearability, Kim Bo-young's pieces have been praised for their sophisticated yet intentionally relaxed vision of femininity.

Chancellor Huang's government reduced the luxury goods sales tax from 50% to 5% in 4286 which drew criticism from the opposition as it seemed that the Chancellor was acting on a conflict of interest. The Chancellor made comments in the National Conference which claimed that "Indrala-based artists and designers" were punished by "a punitive and unfair tax rate." These statements were interpreted by some as a direct reference to his wife's line of work.

WBC Drama Spring Reigns Everywhere Attracts Large Viewership for Finale
Actress He Wu gazes at actor Dylan Hong in a screenshot from the drama's final episode

TIAN'AN, Han -- The final episode of WBC's monarchy-themed historical drama Spring Reigns Everywhere has attracted a very high final national viewership of 42%. While lower than the record-breaking finale of 4272's The Final Emperor, which garnered 66% viewership, Spring Reigns Everywhere has joined an elite group of television dramas to reach above 40%.

While historical dramas, such as The Great Lieutenant and Five Golden Flowers are generally the most popular, apathy towards the monarchy and the debate surrounding it in this country has contributed to lackluster performances for monarchy-themed dramas, with many failing to reach above 5% national viewership. Kaizhou National University professor of Film and Media Studies attributes the success of Spring Reigns Everywhere to two things:
I think it is likely that many Indralans have been a bit enchanted by the concept of the monarchy following the news around the Ryeo Clan, as well as just general sentiments changing. Many young people weren't around during the whole monarchy debate back in the 70s, and so they don't share the same traumas as many of their parents and grandparents.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby TreeHugger » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:24 pm

INDRALAIR TO PURCHASE NEW X650 JET FROM XIANDAI GROUP
Deal for 15 of the brand new wide-body airliners comes in at a whopping $4.668 Billion INS

Render of the X650 bearing Indralair's modernized livery

July 29, 4294
[Song Yi International Airport, Shu]: Indralair Corp. has announced a new deal with Xiandai Group to purchase 15 of the new X650 twin-engine, wide-body jet for a whopping $311.2 million INS each. The 15 planes are set to be delivered over the course of the next 4 years, with the first delivery scheduled for December of 4295. In an interview with The Market, CEO of Xiandai Wang Tengfei had this to say about the new jet: "This jet is the largest jet ever produced in Indrala, and the most innovative and modern jet on the market. We are anticipating great success.”

The announcement took place on the tarmac of Song Yi International Airport in Hanzhou, where both CEOs of Indralair and Xiandai were present. The deal comes as Indralair looks to modernize its aging fleet of long range aircraft used for international routes, while a previous deal with Xiandai for the X400 aircraft renewed Indralair's regional and medium range routes. The hope for Xiandai is that this new deal sparks interest in the new jet and boosts sales across Terra. The CEO of Indralair, Mr. Lian Fu, had this to say:

Lian Fu: Hello my friends, today is a very special day! Indralair has announced its intention to purchase 15 X650s from Xiandai Group for a cost that I cannot seem to let out of my mouth, but you will maybe be able to hear about from Mr. Wang...
*Laughter from audience*
Now to be serious, let us appreciate this marvel of Indralan engineering. We decided to buy from Xiandai for the first time many years ago, with investments in the X200 and X400 medium range aircraft. Today, we seek to fully replace our fleet with exclusively Indrala designed, built and engineered aircraft! I'd like to thank Xiandai Group for making such an impeccable aircraft, and for offering us a competitive price. Cooperation like this is what our country is best known for, and I am so happy that we can carry the torch of tradition in Indralan business and development. I hope to see you all soon flying with us on this brand new marvel of engineering. Thank you.

The announcement was made at the brand new Song Yi International Airport in Hanzhou

One of Indralair's Pilots, Captain Fang Ming, was at the announcement to give her take on the performance of the new jet. Captain Fang had the privilege of test piloting the X650 during its development and testing stages. She had this to say:
Captain Fang Ming: Good morning ladies and gentlemen. It is a pleasure to speak to you today. First off I would like to thank CEO of Xiandai Group, Mr. Wang Tengfei, as well as CEO of my airline, Indralair, Mr. Lian Fu for the opportunity to fly this beautiful aircraft. I have only good news to report to passengers - that is - that this aircraft is the quietest, most smooth plane I have every put myself into. The controls are responsive, yet graceful and natural. Flying this aircraft is like having my hands on the back of the Golden Dragon. It is a beast with immense power, yet it flies like a dream. There is the perfect combination of automation and control, seeking to please both the pilots sanity and lust for desire. I can't wait to fly passengers on this aircraft in the new year, and I know that all of us at Indralair are excited to see you on board. Thank you.

Indralair commercial pilot and Xiandai test pilot Captain Fang Ming

The deal signals a positive horizon for business in Indrala, with questions about the economic scheme of the governing Lotus Party being put to rest. With Indralan business booming - specifically in the high tech engineering and service sectors, it is starting to seem like traditional economical pillars of the Indralan economy such as agriculture and resource development are being left behind.

More to come...
TreeHugger

Postby Wu Han » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:44 am

Chancellor Huang Loses Re-Election Bid
Lotus Party to elect new leader soon; Huang will remain as leader until then
June 22 4295
Huang Zitao, following his concession speech

Last night, Chancellor Huang was defeated by Chancellor-elect Zhang Zemin and the Republican Party. Many polls expected this result as vote-splitting intensified between the National Awakening Party and the Lotus Party, as well as an agreement which Huang and Zhang entered into that ensured the other party's support in the second ballot.

Speaking to a teary-eyed room, Huang spoke through cracks in his voice:

Good evening.

Ten years ago, In Tian'an Central Plaza, eleven-thousand citizens knitted an ocean with the light of their mobile phones and sent the most sincere wishes for a more unified Indrala. In the election that year, I was given the greatest responsibility of my life: to serve as Indrala's Chancellor. More than that, I was given the unique duty to carry forward the dreams of all of our people. I want each and every one of you to know that my heart has grown more humble than ever before, due to the trust you have placed in me. I am sorry I have not been able to meet your expectations.

Tonight I extend my congratulations to Zhang Zemin for his electoral success and offer him my total support as he enters this new role.

It is clear, however, that I must take full responsibility for the decisions which have lead to defeat tonight. That is why, before I came out here tonight, I informed Lotus Party President Yan Zhelan that it is my intention that the party organizes a Leadership Convention at the earliest convenience. I will remain on as leader until I can hand the torch to our next leader at the convention. I do not intend to stand for re-election.

Friends, we have so much to be proud of over the last decade. We made great strides in building the Indrala of our dreams. We unleashed the tiger-spirit of the Indralan economy. We increased support for students. We made record investments in infrastructure, and so much more. Together, we dared to look cynicism directly in the eye and show how a minority government, even led by the smallest party, can bring stability to the nation.

Looking back on my life, my greatest realization is that confrontation, pessimism and prejudice are not inevitable. Tonight, where others see a depressing situation, I see the motivation of our young people in changing the course of history; where others see a society torn apart, I see dawn at the end of a long dark night. And so friends, while today is the dusk of my civil servant career, I believe that for Indrala, it is in fact, dawn. For, as long as each of us carries the dream of a more harmonious and prosperous Indrala, a better tomorrow is guaranteed. Friends, I implore you, do not stop dreaming until your dreams come true!

Thank you.

It must be noted that despite his electoral defeat, Huang Zitao is leaving office with a 64% approval rate, making him one of the most popular Chancellor's in recent history. On social media, the hashtag #Zaijianyeye (Goodbye Grandfather) trended worldwide, a reference to his nickname: "the Nation's Grandfather". His son, pop singer Yao sent out a message which read "[sic] my father is the most incredible man i have ever known. the greatest privilege of my life is being able to call him 'dad'... I love you dad"

The former-Chancellor will remain on as party leader until his replacement is chosen.
(he/him)
Wu Han

PreviousNext

Return to National News